Way Around The Onward Ticket

I will be flying to manila soon, on my return to Bangkok I will not have an onward ticket or visa so will just get the 30 days. Would putting a ticket on reserve and having the print out get around this issue if they ask me when I am checking in for my flight back to BKK, in Manila?

:whistling:

The easiest way out of this dilemma is to get a single entry tourist visa before you come to Thailand. Whatever that costs...it is stil the most cost effective way to avoid the problem. The airlines seldom bother you if at all when you have a visa.

If you can't do that for some reason, it is also possible to buy a full fare refundable fare ticket. Although you may NOT be able to get a full refund for the unused return ticket...most airlines will allow you to use that return coupon as CREDIT toward another ticket. So when you are ready to leave you can use that still that valid unused return ticket coupon as credit toward the purchase of a ticket back to your country from the same airline. I've done it before, but not recently...although it is still possible to do it. If you do that buy your ticket from an agent NOT on-line. You need to be careful about how long you have before you must use the ticket also, and any restrictions on the ticket before you hand over your hard earned cash for the ticket. If you take that route you will need to go to the airline office or at the airport at your destination to arrange a return ticket BEFORE you plan to return to your home country.

Everyone seems to want the lowest fare, good service, ease of changing the date and route of travel, etc. all in one package. It doen't work that way.

The airlines are in the busines to make a profit, not to serve your desires. So you have to make the best compromise of all those factors that you are willing to ive with and can get for what you are willing to pay.

It's called Capitalisim in case you didn't know.

:lol:

It is possible to put a ticket on reserve, so you can say to the agent yes reserve that for me and you then have x amount of days to pay or cancel,

with this you can get a print out with your name and showing the travel schedule.

Got it: a confirmed reservation. This is how it should really work, because one would want to be sure of getting the visa first before shelling out money for a ticket. In fact, some embassies of Schengen countries clearly state in the visa application package that the airline ticket should not be bought before the visa application is approved.

In most cases you are not going to get a visa without an onward ticket. Exceptions are countries with land borders. So point is moot IMAFARANAG.

In short:

You ay not get a boarding pass without a ticket out (in the Phils)

Immigration may not ask for a ticket. Esp if you are from a western country.

Putting ticket on reserve wont do it

Booking a cheap AA ticket out is best option

Above will create issues if you plan visa run to Lao so best to book cheapest ticket out - to anywhere.

Buying any sort of ticket and trying for a refund, no. Just buy a cheap ticket for the bin.

My 2 baht