Hey, Get Off My Tail! The Amazing Moment A Monk Grabs A Tiger Cub As He Tries To Escape (But It'S Okay, They Are Best Friends)

Boater

This is the amazing moment a monk bravely grabs a tiger cub by its tail as it attempts to escape.

Some might say he is brave, others might call his actions foolish - but he gets away with it as he is actually best friends with the tiger cub and its doting mum.

Amateur photographer Hendro Hioe was travelling through the Kanchanaburi province of Thailand - 84 miles from Bangkok - when he heard from locals that a monk had befriended a tiger family.

article-2008524-0CBD187600000578-916_634x422.jpg Get off! The cute cub charged around the yard of the monastery as the monk tried in vain to bring him under control

article-2008524-0CBD1B7100000578-906_634x451.jpg Best mates: Another spectacular image shows the monk proudly sitting on top of the mother's back as she sits, rather unimpressed, next to a tree

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008524/Hey-tail-The-amazing-moment-monk-grabs-tiger-tries-escape-apparently-best-friends.html#ixzz1QT40OUJh

This is the tiger temple. It's a zoo, you can pay money to have your picture taken with a tiger. It's been going on for years and tour buses arrive every day, it's not some random temple that befriended a wild tiger that the photographer stumbled upon like he tries to claim.

Wouldn't surprise me if the daily fail has printed articles about this same place before, but portrayed as a hellish tiger death camp instead :lol:

Edited by DP25

This is the tiger temple. It's a zoo, you can pay money to have your picture taken with a tiger. It's been going on for years and tour buses arrive every day, it's not some random temple that befriended a wild tiger that the photographer stumbled upon like he tries to claim.

Wouldn't surprise me if the daily fail has printed articles about this same place before, but portrayed as a hellish tiger death camp instead :lol:

I went there a few times before I learned more about that infamous tiger zoo. It is a very controversial place and had an ongoing topic on the subject here on thaivisa. There are rumours that the tigers are drugged and the place is no more than a breeding station to sell tigers to other zoos.

Kanchanaburi_tiger_zoo_2.jpg