Motor Insurance Claim Process

robert10

My car was damaged when somebody reversed into my car. Her fault, not mine. The car is under repair and do I have to pay for the repair first, and get reimbursement from the insurance company (Viriyah) later? Or will the insurance company settle all payments on my behalf?

p/s: I've already filed the claim when the accident happened.

Edited by robert10

This all depends on what insurance the other party had - and what cover you had.

Suggest you ask your Broker as they would have all the facts and help you through with the procedure.

Mine is a first class insurance. Her insurance expired. She agreed to pay me for the damages but has since gone "uncontactable". Viriyah has her contact details. Back where I come from, I definitely don't have to pay first. Seems like that is not the standard procedure in THailand? I looked through Viriyah's English insurance policy and there is no mention that I have to pay first though.

I'm also wondering whether its better for me to make a report to police about her driving without insurance?

This all depends on what insurance the other party had - and what cover you had.

Suggest you ask your Broker as they would have all the facts and help you through with the procedure.

Mine is a first class insurance. Her insurance expired. She agreed to pay me for the damages but has since gone "uncontactable". Viriyah has her contact details. Back where I come from, I definitely don't have to pay first. Seems like that is not the standard procedure in THailand? I looked through Viriyah's English insurance policy and there is no mention that I have to pay first though.

I'm also wondering whether its better for me to make a report to police about her driving without insurance?

When you say her insurance had expired - is that her voluntary or CTPL ? In any case leave it to your Broker and Viriyah as they will take care of you.

You will not have to pay anything (unless you have a deductible) as Viriyah will arrange the place for your vehicle to be repaid and pick up the bill.

When you say her insurance had expired - is that her voluntary or CTPL ? In any case leave it to your Broker and Viriyah as they will take care of you.

You will not have to pay anything (unless you have a deductible) as Viriyah will arrange the place for your vehicle to be repaid and pick up the bill.

Went down to Viriyah today and they confirmed I do not have to pay first for the repair. Also, as the accident is not my fault, it will not affect my No Claim Discount on renewal next year.

Thanks for your replies!