Dogs Balls

I have a 3 year old German Shepherd who is not happy unless he's got something in his mouth.

He loves to chase a ball and I have used loads of takraw balls and also some cheap plastic balls from Makro. He crushes the takraw balls flat in about 2 days.

Ideally I am looking for a solid rubber or compound ball about 4inches in diameter, about the size of a U.S. softball.

Can anyone point me towards a pet shop or other store that sells something that he can't crush. It is also good for his teeth.

Thanks.

Try a rope chew - one specially made for dogs, not just a bit of rope.

Rubber chews and even Nylabone can be dangerous as rubber is not digestible at all and there have been quite a few reports of problems with dogs and Nylabones. Takraw balls can be particularly dangerous as they can splinter, as can any plastic ball, and can be sharp.

Tennis balls!!

Believe me , you won't want one of those solid rubber balls when your dog drops it on your foot (it weighs a ton)! My dog has one but we have to hide it from her. As well as my foot and the cats head, there's lots of other things to damage.

Tennis balls!!

Believe me , you won't want one of those solid rubber balls when your dog drops it on your foot (it weighs a ton)! My dog has one but we have to hide it from her. As well as my foot and the cats head, there's lots of other things to damage.

Not really any help in your search for solid balls --

Back when we lived near the coast in Scotland. we picked up from the beach something that turned out to be our dog's (a lab./collie cross) absolute fav. toy... a hard plastic fishing net float, about 30 cm in diameter, and though hollow,weighed about a kilo and had a handy bit of thick rope left attached to it. He carried it everywhere if we let him, running around with the rope in his mouth, float banging him repeatedly on the mussle, whacking it against anything in it's trajectory path. Now you can do serious damage with that. We eventually had to hide it, and only let him have it when he was out in the fields. :D

Tennis balls!!

Thanks Sally and others. I thought of tennis balls but they would roll under my sliding gate when we are at home.

I managed to find a solid rubber ball about 3" in diameter at the large pet shop at Future Park, Rangsit near Office Depot.

He loves it as it bounces off any hard surface so has fun chasing it. I paid B80 and thought that was fair since a takraw ball costs B79 at Big C and Tesco.

I don't have cats Sally, but I agree if you dropped this ball on a bare foot or a cat, it would hurt a bit. We only play outside the house so no chance of smashing the TV.

The picture below shows him at about 4 months old , 3 years ago. Footballs are too expensive.

post-9891-0-38373000-1309353274_thumb.jp

Thanks all.:jap: