Thaksin Calls On All Sides To Respect Vote Outcome

webfact

What record has she got in business? All she's done is get appointed to top positions in Thaksin's companies.

Her achievements to date seem to exceed those of many of the foreigners in TVF that are constantly criticizing her.

She seems to have run a very successful campaign that was certainly more effective than the supposedly better educated and intelligent soon to be former PM Abhisit.

Sooner or later, you will need to drop the pettiness and move on.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What record has she got in business? All she's done is get appointed to top positions in Thaksin's companies.

Her achievements to date seem to exceed those of many of the foreigners in TVF that are constantly criticizing her.

She seems to have run a very successful campaign that was certainly more effective than the supposedly better educated and intelligent soon to be former PM Abhisit.

Many of the foreigners on TVF aren't boasting about their business record.

SHE didn't run a successful campaign. She did what she was told and said very little. No debate. No discussing how the PTP policies would work. Just smiling.

No sour grapes from me, but as near all your posts suggest all along that this said family are fair and transparent I feel sorry for you, Totally agree with whybother, the criticism is valid =she was being used==to good effect, but her actual personality came over well to who she wooed, but as a diplomat/speaker no way-hence the avoidance of interviews,

Everytime I see Yinluck on TV I just smile and giggle. Why's that? Afterall, she's a serious woman with serious, realistic policies, is she not?

Well She don't have to do much to over shadow the last lot . She has a very good record in business so she is no mug. I am sure she will take coucil from her brother so she has experiance behind her.

Pukka - You well may be opposite to her then--:lol:I don't think you will have a good record in business--:lol:

However I sit in Thailand & can sit here for the rest of my life in comfort even if I lived to 200yrs all from being no good at business

So carry on with your un-informed crap as you normally do :D

Edited by pukka

SHE didn't run a successful campaign. She did what she was told and said very little. No debate. No discussing how the PTP policies would work. Just smiling.

Which all shows that she knew she just had to sit back . The Thai people don't forget when their own get murdered

Everytime I see Yinluck on TV I just smile and giggle. Why's that? Afterall, she's a serious woman with serious, realistic policies, is she not?

Seems to me that you are confessing to a behaviour issue. Your need to smile and giggle is related to your own psychological state and has nothing to do with her.

I don't think you need to share anymore details. Thank you though.

Thaksin wants reconciliation. Fine. Come home. Go to jail. That would be the beginning of a REAL reconciliation. Not going to happen.

So True! You cannot have respect for an election outcome coming form someone who has no respect for the rule of law. Come do your time in a max security remand prison, then we can see about reconciliation. But we all know that will never happen.

Having no respect for the rule of law would differentiate TS from what % of thai society?

Which all shows that she knew she just had to sit back . The Thai people don't forget when their own get murdered

Drug clampdown, Thaksin====we remember, You dont have to insult people, maybe your name shouldn't have started with a P. -try not to sling mud when we are discussing

Sour grapes is it? Chin up old boy and sing along

Dude, I feel your pain but you've got to accept that the issues you've raised quite obviously don't make a jot of difference to almost the majority of people who you are sharing this country with.

Thaksin also saying it will be a PT led coalition regardless of the final outcome.

Personally, if Thaksin told me the date i would double check with a calendar. Anyway, isn't he banned from politics in Thailand? "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts". How is he getting away with that?

He isn't banned Also there is no law that states that political parties can not take on board any advice from bodies or people that are not part of that party . It is also the right of people to lobby

As to the calender thing I do that with farangs & Thai's because this is the land of the con man

After Taksin's conviction for graft he was indeed banned from Thai politics yet he's remained active and effectively in charge of a political party.

So we have a convicted criminal (who chose to run away rather than appeal his conviction) illegally running and campaigning for a political party and installing his "clone" sister (his words) as his proxy.

In any country governed by rule of law a political party that is run by a convicted criminal would be dissolved, but TiT, it's not so simple here...

A sad though not surprising outcome, but of course this resolves nothing and the conflict between educated minority and corrupt/ignorant majority will continue ad nauseum.

Good luck Thailand- you need it! :jap:

:thumbsup:

And that, really, is the bottom line. :)

:thumbsup:

And that, really, is the bottom line. :)

Surely you are not so naive as to think that this election resolves the underlying conflict? Or maybe you are... :rolleyes:

I truly expect that the yellow shirts will not accept this election and she will be found guilty of some heinous crime, such as being on a cooking tv show, and disqualified.

Being a political novice should be a positive attribute.

What a massively absurd standard! She's set to become PM of a large important country, and seriously, is that the best they could find in ALL of Thailand? No political experience or apparent knowledge. Unwilling to open her mouth out of fear that will be even more obvious than it already is. Clearly the Thais voted for Thaksin with a very pretty facade, I get that. Yes her handlers (not her, she has no experience) ran a brilliant campaign, no substance, all surface, perhaps very Thai, but really good for Thailand? Hard to swallow.

What a massively absurd standard! She's set to become PM of a large important country, and seriously, is that the best they could find in ALL of Thailand? No political experience or apparent knowledge. Unwilling to open her mouth out of fear that will be even more obvious than it already is. Clearly the Thais voted for Thaksin with a very pretty facade, I get that. Yes her handlers (not her, she has no experience) ran a brilliant campaign, no substance, all surface, perhaps very Thai, but really good for Thailand? Hard to swallow.

Although there are numerous logical, rational, well thought out analyses (I do not disagree with what you say). The thai people got what they wanted regardless of the flaws in teir system (cheating, corruption, vote buying, etc etc) The election was played by their rules.

The people got what they wanted. We can only wait and see how things go.

I truly expect that the yellow shirts will not accept this election and she will be found guilty of some heinous crime, such as being on a cooking tv show, and disqualified.

Perjury will have to suffice.

Although there are numerous logical, rational, well thought out analyses (I do not disagree with what you say). The thai people got what they wanted regardless of the flaws in teir system (cheating, corruption, vote buying, etc etc) The election was played by their rules.

Exactly and judge her on her performance.

Personally, if Thaksin told me the date i would double check with a calendar. Anyway, isn't he banned from politics in Thailand? "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts". How is he getting away with that?

He isn't banned Also there is no law that states that political parties can not take on board any advice from bodies or people that are not part of that party . It is also the right of people to lobby

As to the calender thing I do that with farangs & Thai's because this is the land of the con man

Sorry but he was banned in May 2007, from participating in Thai politics for the following 5 years, after TRT broke election-laws by paying two small parties to run in the later-annulled April-2006 election.

Perhaps he still thinks these laws don't apply to himself ?

But if you don't like the law, then you just change it to suit yourself, isn't that how democracy works ? B)

Edited by Ricardo

But if you don't like the law, then you just change it to suit yourself, isn't that how democracy works ?

No it's not the way the law should work.

But to be fair don't forget the excellent 1997 constitution was abolished, and replaced by one more to the liking of the military.

Those who have consulted to AIS when she was running that, would hesitate to say she was the sole 'top person' there as she was acting effectively as a nominee; however both in this job and at SC Asset she was many decisions; she is relatively well spoken; has enjoyed the mandatory western education that senior executives and MPs usually have at this level. And she's a lot less arrogant than her brother, the joy of the younger sibling role perhaps.

Unlike Samak, Banharn, Chavalit and Somchai, she does present well, and to be honest, at least 75% of the job of PM is about presentation, the work is done by the team, by aides and by the cabinet. The now former PM basically stumbled, IMHO, mostly in just one place; the presentation of what his party were doing - the doing bit was more than enough if presented well, but prior presentation prevents P*** poor performance, as an old building phrase bastardized goes.

True, she was never hired to run either company on the basis of a meritocracy, but the fact that she has led both, arguably not particularly well (SC Asset) or pretty well (AIS 2 watt monopoly) would suggest she already has substantially more capability than many before her as per the previous list.

I actually worry more about the role of the red shirt loons in the new government; as long as they are shunted to one side and not given anything important other than a little face, then there's no real reason why this group of mostly the same faces as the last government and governments in the past (take a look at the dynasties and the old faces abounding) will be any better or worse than the governments since 2001.

They are starting, as in 2001, from a position of strength; the economy is in pretty good shape; despite Thaksin's comments the civil service are far better now than say 2001 and social welfare is already quite well developed; the empty promises of tablet PCs to create 3G business for AIS etc can probably be wound back in a coalition...the only question mark is to do with amnesty, and that will be as big a stumbling block to Yingluck as it was for Samak.

Ammending the constitution and amnesty are not necessarily the same thing despite the red shirt attempts to make it so, and I believe it will be very very tough to get through an amnesty masquerading as a constitution change; the constution change is almost inevitable and has been since 2007. They will do it via a referendum rolling the two things together, that's the likely way; however it will not be as easy or as blatant as some of the past TRT style antics were.

Personally, I think politicians have no place in playing around with the constitution, the constitution does not reflect the voter's will, it reflects the will of the country including all aspects of society including those who don't vote as well as minority interests; the 2007 and 1997 constitutions arent that different anyhow (as someone who has struggled and read through both of them); the biggest issue with the 1997 one was it encouraged a single strong political party to correct the coalitions of the past and strong checks and balances outside the elected parliament plus a neutral senate; neither of these were in place by 2003 and any new constitution needs to address that.

As long as she isn't so arrogant and stupid like Samak to blatantly ignore the constitution regarding paid employment, or stupid like her brother to lie and hide her wealth with Thailand's richest maid in the asset declaration or the like, I am sure she has the charm to serve the full term.

If there's one thing I will say about the Shinawatras, they are quite charming in person; irrespective of your personal political beliefs, it is hard not to like them and want them to like you in person. This is a very important skill in politics; something that sadly the very well spoken, smart and clever Abhisit simply was mostly without.

RESPECT THE RESULT

and since it is based on the law we must also....

RESPECT COURT DECISIONS AND THE LAW

I will bite my tongue just a little and swallow back a small amount of vomit which came up with a burb (a Vurb so to speak)* and say well done Yingluck; you put together the perfect electoral campaign; now please run the country as well as you ran your campaign, respect the law, and everyone will be happy.

* I bit my tongue from getting a bit excited playing fight night champion; the vomit is from a dodgy Tom Yum Goong.

Edited by steveromagnino

Don't worry guys, remember when thasin started to get unpopular on thaivisa back in 2005 - we didn't have to wait long before there was a coup.

then when PP won another big victory in 2007 (despite the generals changing the constitution to suit the Democrats) all the anti-thaksin posters were crying and moaning (much like today).

What was it only a few months before samak went on a cooking show and the absoultely balanced and unbiased judiciary expelled him as PM. Remember how Thaivisa cheered at the extreme fairness of true justice.

The Somchai the next primeminister was banned and the party banned, all your wishes came truue and the real rulers of Thailand - the military, judiciary and procteors of the realm, the Democrats were where they belong, in control.

I wonder what it wil be this time to overturn the election. We know the constitution court is unbiased, it was proven by those youtube videos, discusssing how to keep the democrats in power.

We know the prosecutors are unbiased, espically that one that brought the charge against Thaksin for signing the purchase paper of the land his wife bought: like that PAD member of the prosecution committe who, before he was chosen as a member was televised on the PAD stage saying Thasin is worse than Hitler. Like he said, after he was chosen "I just look at the facts and have no bias' And of course we should take him at face value.

Anyway I expect the election results will be overturned within this year, just a matter of figuring out a convincing story and picking the right people to prosecute and..

So cheer up, the democrats, PAD, and the army will soon be back, and corruption will be just as much as under Abhisit now (business says it has reached 30% of the govt. projects).

Edit (text got left out!)

So sad, So true

Edited by creck

Massively important country.....LOL

I find that ludicrous....I love this place, but it's projected to be at the bottom of SE Asia in a decade, it was built on the US need for air bases during the Vietnam war.....Pattaya and parts of Bankok existed solely as red light entertainment for foreign soldiers.....inn that regard, not much has changed at all.

They are important in one big way though ----- they sell tons of food to China and the USA (rice, canned fruits, chicken,shrimp)......but no, they are no big player in the world.

She had what it takes to WIN....education and smooth talking with no results is meaningless....Abhisit is not better than Obama where I come from.....full of crap....with all the education, you'd think he would have done something to rebuild the economy.

Exactly and judge her on her performance.

If there's one thing I will say about the Shinawatras, they are quite charming in person; irrespective of your personal political beliefs, it is hard not to like them and want them to like you in person. This is a very important skill in politics; something that sadly the very well spoken, smart and clever Abhisit simply was mostly without.

I have to agree.

What amazes me is their sticking power. Between the PAD, the army, the courts, the Dems, BJT, and a few others, these people have to be the most determined people I have ever seen in the country. They have apparently defeated the entire establishment of the country. It may be money that drives them, it may not, but goddamn, they will not let go.

Maybe some untouchable hi-so (higher up the food chain than his family) gave Thaksin a chinese burn in school or something.

Edited by Thai at Heart

As long as she isn't so arrogant and stupid like Samak to blatantly ignore the constitution regarding paid employment, or stupid like her brother to lie and hide her wealth with Thailand's richest maid in the asset declaration or the like, I am sure she has the charm to serve the full term.

She does have a little issue of perjury hanging over her. I wonder what will happen to that now.

If she wants to hold the office then she should show how she's divested herself of her assets that would cause a conflict of interest. If she doesn't do that it's just same old same old. Is her brothers uncles nephew unusually wealthy all of a sudden?