Thaksin 'Clone' Set To Be Thai PM

webfact

Thaksin is already promising to bring the USD back to 40/THB and 30 million tourists a year in LOS - he has all but actually proclaimed himself the real PM. Ta-da! The joke is no longer just a joke. A whole nation (or at least most of it) has fallen for it.

That's it, my university educated, HiSo chinese parentage GF. Has just thrown off her yellow lacrosse polo shirt :blink: put on a red one?? Now saying "Tee rak, your dollar salary get bigger by 25%"........"Khun Thaksin lovely man, always love him"

Hearing that would put my jaw on the floor!!!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody i spoke to here in thailand voting for Yingluck

Not surprising if your username is any indication what people you speak to.

Lovely people I am sure, but not very educated.

Why you state that this Yingluck voters are not very educated ? Seems you think the guy who studied in the UK is the smart one, hahahaha

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

This next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

Unfortunately the poor have been paid to vote. Thailand will stay in the corruption zone. :(

Give me one country that ~ISN'T~ run by corrupt politicians.

Thaksin is poisoned with power and wealth. The thing that sets him apart from politicians in the West is that he doesn't know when to stop. Unfortunately for him, Thailand has rules. The Elite have set the rules, and basically those rules go something like: "When you've had enough, let the next person have a go at milking the country". Well, Thaksin is being a spoiled li'l brat and he ain't moving over for the next boy. It's just a matter of time before Thailand reminds him of the rules, and it's not gonna be a nice ending for him.

Here, here and hope so...mak mak!

Come on! She did NO serious interviews in the press during the elections. She dodged any issues. She refused to debate. The softball interviews she did do, she came off like a typical office receptionist with unusual skill in PABLUM SPEAK. She's pretty, she's there because of her FAMILY. Her business experience too -- her family. Pure nepotism, corruption, 100 percent. Thais aren't worried because they know the truth, she could be a pretty gold chain, she isn't running anything, and never will. She will never appear on a show like Hard Talk, I guarantee that.

What a load of self opinionated codswallop.May I remind you, that in 2009 , she was in contact with the American Ambassador, whose cable to America, stated that " I believe I have been speaking to the next Prime Minister of Thailand". That was in 2009. She is not a Johnny come lately. She has been well groomed.

Smart ambassador who knows Thailand! Very pretty. Brother of Thaksin. Probably had intelligence that she was ambitious. Simple arithmetic. Don't kid yourself -- NEPOTISM (and looks). In English she sounds extremely unintelligent or at least totally unschooled in national issues. But does it matter? Not really, she's a puppet, and a self confessed one to boot.

Edited by Jingthing

"Thaskin 'Clone" set to be PM"

Real impartial headline that one!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

This forum can not except how dead wrong they been the last couple of years and still love to throw mud. The Thai people have spoken. Except it! Go ahead and censor me.

Best comment so far ! at least one does have some brains....wink.gif

Come on! She did NO serious interviews in the press during the elections. She dodged any issues. She refused to debate. The softball interviews she did do, she came off like a typical office receptionist with unusual skill in PABLUM SPEAK. She's pretty, she's there because of her FAMILY. Her business experience too -- her family. Pure nepotism, corruption, 100 percent. Thais aren't worried because they know the truth, she could be a pretty gold chain, she isn't running anything, and never will. She will never appear on a show like Hard Talk, I guarantee that.

What a load of self opinionated codswallop.May I remind you, that in 2009 , she was in contact with the American Ambassador, whose cable to America, stated that " I believe I have been speaking to the next Prime Minister of Thailand". That was in 2009. She is not a Johnny come lately. She has been well groomed.

So what are her political credentials and her experience in Politics?

Not only harsh but also you certainly show yourself to be the fool that you that you say you are and truly opinionated which I presume is the word you had in mind.

Well cheers for you! I gather your private poll means that the people you choose to speak to represent opionated Thais of all classes and walks of life. Or are you just another d... f... who, hadn't it been for European social security would have spent your retired life in misery? I am harsh, yes, but a fools post deserves a fools answer. Sorry.

Here, here and hope so...mak mak!

His own auntie said that he should just stop meddling in politics and stick to business. She's right. The guy is gonna throw it all away. He's a billionaire. What more does he want?

"Money is Evil"

Some people have too much evil.

My wife's sister from Korat did well today. She received 500b from one party and also 500b from another party, however she voted for for Yingluck's party!

And she had no problem accepting money from the side she knew she would not vote for, when the clear premise is to accept the money is to accept to vote for that party?

The very fabric of society is composed of cheating and corruption, every level.

Headline news. This just in. PT has won, My wife is very happy. Maybe they know something I don't.

I told her ' It really doesn't matter to me who is PM. I am not Thai people. I have her, My girls and my house. I am happy for that.

Thaksin 'clone' set to be Thai PM

One piss poor headline is all I can say. Fledgling democracy has many a burned feather, and it will be years before Thailand come to grips with a voting process that doesn't suit a centralized Bangkok government or a far less than perfect Thaksin win. Thaksin is merely a long line (a mere bump) in the road to a true Republic.

Edited by bonobo
removed bolding in font

JUSTICE!! Abhisit Never Had a Mandate to run this country. The people have spoken. When people belittle the red shirt movement, remember this election.

Every time I go past Central World, I'll belittle the red shirt movement and, now, remember this election.

Some of the replies are incredibly condescending towards Thais. I have lived here long enough to know how silly things can be, but come on, Thais are still humans.

The people have made a clear choice, go ahead and think for yourself but at least give Thais a chance to succeed. Sure they might fail, but who knows, maybe they can make their lives better.

Well, landslide or a bare majority, either way they can form a government without a coalition. I think the next year will prove to be interesting. Either the voters are correct and Thaksin will remain a paternal adviser who will lead Thailand toward a more egalitarian society, or else all hell will break loose! Personally, I'm hoping that my opinion of Thaksin/PT/the Redshirts is wrong.

I do not follow Thai Politics that close. Living in Thailand for 7 years you can get a feel for what is going on. I do not like the "Yellow Shirts". I think the takeover of the Airports by the yellow shirts was uncalled for. It hurt business and cost many Thai's their jobs. It hurt tourists who got stuck in the country and made it difficut if not impossible for others to get into Thailand. There had to be a huge amount of money behind the yellow shirts to pull that off, and I would say just as much money involved as the "red shirts" possess. The "red shirts" have won elections, got into office, only to be thrown out of office after being elected by the people. The more recent "red Shirt" demonstrations in Bangkok appeared to be to the outside world, a protest movement of a political group wanting their rights to elected office, to not be dumped out of office without an election. It also appeared the Army had set up snipers around the "red Shirts" and began shooting and killing innocent people to end the demonstration. Yes, the was violence on both sides, but the snipers upset me the most.

Now we have yet another election and it appears this is an even bigger win for the "red shirts". Now Thailand will have a Woman as the PM, something that is not unusual in the History of the World. Will the "yellow shirts" accept the results of the election, or will there be political turmoil again? I fear each time there is political turmoil in Thailand, it just keeps getting worse until maybe we will see a civil war and a Government formed out of that like there is in Myanmar.

Edited by robokop

My wife's sister from Korat did well today. She received 500b from one party and also 500b from another party, however she voted for for Yingluck's party!

And she had no problem accepting money from the side she knew she would not vote for, when the clear premise is to accept the money is to accept to vote for that party?

The very fabric of society is composed of cheating and corruption, every level.

No...It's called a fool and his money are soon parted.

Now...if someone gave me money to donate to a charity and I kept it that would be one thing but there is no honor in politics and somebody offering you money to vote for his candidate deserves anything they get.

She is actually his clone, He groomed her in biz and now in politics, if not for Thaksin, who knows Yingluck? I hope they dont devalue the baht coz, some of Us get paid in baht....

De-value the Bht -please :lol:

Oh dear!!!! What have you done, the people of Thailand - I truly fear for you!!!

It will be interesting to see when Yingluck places that order for all of those millions of tablet PC's that have been promised.

I don't suppose that Thaksin owns any companies that manufacture tablets!!

Some of the replies are incredibly condescending towards Thais. I have lived here long enough to know how silly things can be, but come on, Thais are still humans.

The people have made a clear choice, go ahead and think for yourself but at least give Thais a chance to succeed. Sure they might fail, but who knows, maybe they can make their lives better.

come on only buffalo thais not chinese thais who control it all or educated thais or elite thais who all have good education. Yes were very condescending to buffalo thais who follow big brother like sheep but then im sure in his private home he thinks same. But now im no longer a condescending forang im a born again big brother 100% supporter and buffalo are all my brothers and sisters and I love them all. Now I hope I am im a fully paid up member of Taksin elite fan club so as a lowly non buffalo who might be of use to his greatness in convincing non thais he is good and honest where do I go to get my snout in the trough. Again I truly apologise for before being a non believer,

Now we'll really see justice and democracy shine. The yellows and military have to respect the outcome, even if it were bought or not. Let the government run its course and see it PTP's lies (promises) ever come to fruition. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Of course though... the Reds don't care whether the government follows through with its "promises". They're as blind as blind can be. They probably don't even know what a 'government policy' is. They just know this: Thaksin = Happy. They don't know how that would be -- they were just told so. The Thai brainwashing system is truly amazing.

So yeah, I fully support the new government. Afterall, what more harm can they possibly do? The poor will remain poor. That's all good for them. They're used to it.

I'd worry about what the elite think though.

I worry that you may suffer from ignorance. Do you not think thaksin and clan are not elite?

She is actually his clone, He groomed her in biz and now in politics, if not for Thaksin, who knows Yingluck? I hope they dont devalue the baht coz, some of Us get paid in baht....

De-value the Bht -please :lol:

I want it to get stronger!!! The more the better.;)

Oh dear!!!! What have you done, the people of Thailand - I truly fear for you!!!

It will be interesting to see when Yingluck places that order for all of those millions of tablet PC's that have been promised.

First off, the word election should not continue to be used. When the votes are all bought, it simply becomes an exercise in how much money needs to be spent in order to get the front position at the feeding trough. A sad day for Thailand....... Thaksin has proven to be anti farang in the past, guess we will have to keep a close eye on what he does, and have an exit strategy to another country

Do you think this any better than the money poured into parties and the media in the USA? Come on. It is time to shut up, especially if you are a farang, and let them get on with it. Besides, both sides were dishing out money.

Being from the USA, I'll second that emotion. Its just a different more effective way of buying votes in the USA and I doubt that its much better in Europe. And of more importance with all the money the wealthy interests spend lobbying and contributing to campaigns, they basically own all the elected representatives after they've been elected no matter which party they belong to. I really take exception to the superior attitude many people on this forum take toward the Thai democracy. Its not like any of the western democracies are anywhere near perfect.

It is funny watching a bunch of men ignoring ta HUGE point here.

A Woman will be PM.

The first woman PM in Thailand.

Of course things do change you know.

The losing side and the sides against change are always angry when they see their way of thinking being rejected.

Of course there is the losing face THING WE SEE IN THAILAND.

Media control--you at Thai Visa know about this thing, has been intense from the government.

Even with all of this. Even with coup after coup. Even with a Supreme Puppet Court.

The ruling party was crushed in a massive defeat.

You can look for the Supreme Court to be changed. All those members should start looking for new jobs now.

Media freedom will return.

The Military will have reforms and new generals in charge.

Ladies?

Yes ladies will start to get more jobs.

Now we'll really see justice and democracy shine. The yellows and military have to respect the outcome, even if it were bought or not. Let the government run its course and see it PTP's lies (promises) ever come to fruition. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Of course though... the Reds don't care whether the government follows through with its "promises". They're as blind as blind can be. They probably don't even know what a 'government policy' is. They just know this: Thaksin = Happy. They don't know how that would be -- they were just told so. The Thai brainwashing system is truly amazing.

So yeah, I fully support the new government. Afterall, what more harm can they possibly do? The poor will remain poor. That's all good for them. They're used to it.

I'd worry about what the elite think though.

I worry that you may suffer from ignorance. Do you not think thaksin and clan are not elite?

Of course he is. A war of the clans, but he's got more than one side holding a grudge against him.

She is a well-crafted figurehead for sure. As other posters have mentioned, its a media age and she's got the sparkly teeth and nice haircut. She bears the hallmarks of advertising, a business famous for its insincerity & ruthlessness. I watched her skillfully avoid an interview five days ago on the Red-friendly Bbc World, with the practically red-tshirt wearing R.Harvey. 'No time for interview, not even a few words." Abhisit did at least 2 different interviews on English networks the week before the votes, each time chatting freely & at ease with no notes or cue-cards or prompting. I sincerely doubt to see that from this lady, and certainly she avoided it pre-vote. Ultimately time will tell. Her claim to fame is that she is the close dynastic relative of a convicted criminal, who stole money from the infrastructure of a developing nation, a nation that urgently requires road-repairs/rural infrastructure/etc.etc. he took an unspecified but undoubtedly large amount of that social-fund cash and went off on an exotic World Tour with it. Thats what concerns me, she isn't famous for anything except being related to a criminal who got caught red-handed. Her being pretty and fluent / educated doesnt mean anything, theres millions of smart & attractive Thais that didn't get primed for the top spot. She's there because of her family. Thats dynastic, and dynasty is the logical enemy of democracy. Democracy as a principle is about people being elected because for example they worked in the the Unions or industry, or medicine or law, for many years & became respected for their views and opinions, which they chat freely about when asked to do so.

I feel it is a dark day for Thailand, which was slowly on the road to recovery. I hope I'm wrong and she genuinely makes this country a safer place to work & drive vehicles & invest in rural infrastructure etc. Thailand has what some sociologists are calling the "new oil" which is rice. With a global population growing quickly, a nation that produces so much rice will generate ever greater profits in the future. Dynastic control of MOP isn't anything new, neither is the manipulation of the low-educated farming community. I would hope that Thaksin's shady Godfather-like inner circle isnt what all this is about. What would convince me is if this lady broadcast the full red propoganda tapes from last year, including the ranting & call to arms & open enticement to burn property/ cause injury. And orders a full media powered legal follow-up to the Thaksin case with full transparency, including his eventual conviction should he return. This would be a step towards democracy. In my heart though, and most of my Bangkok friends feel much the same, we are seeing a big step backwards today to new previously unexplored depths of corruption & instability.

Could well de-fault, may have to buy on credit from Samsung, after all the poor will be rich in 6 months.