Thai Red Shirts Urge Govt To Probe Deadly Unrest

webfact

The Democrats had a year to investigate who killed the 90+ Thais last year. They couldn't find anything. For whatever reason.

Let's hope the Puea Thai finds out who killed them.

How about start with the older case? The mass murders under Thaksin during his war on drugs, for example.

How about... Abhisit and the Thai military has towing hundreds of Burmese "boat people" out to sea and abandoning them to die with their hands tied and without food, water, or an engine on their boat??? :bah:

Simply question, do you guys want to do this in order of

- time frame

- type of perpetrators

- number of innocents killed

- percentage of people involved killed

- most ridiculous excuse for the killings

- another reason

BTW I went to work today wearing a yellow shirt, it's Monday you know. Still possible, almost like some type of reconciliation works ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nattawut Saikuar, one of the Red Shirt leaders, said that now the opposition Puea Thai party had clinched the vote, attention should focus on bringing to justice those responsible for violence that left more than 90 people dead.

Even considering the source the hypocrisy still astounds.

No, Thakins won't take revenge over the 2006 coup.

But his minions will take revenge on anything they can.

This is not reconciliation, but retribution.

Edited by animatic

Not sure if the mods will allow this. I picked it up on CNN.

Interesting first thing she talks about.

"Bangkok (CNN) -- The woman set to become Thailand's first female prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, said Monday that authorities will reopen an investigation into her brother, former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was convicted of corruption after being forced from office."

So much for the poor. Now if they are family they will get preferential treatment.

If she wants to do a decent job she will takle the needs of Thailand first. I guess that is not the Shinawatra way.

No, you're wrong. UDD and PTP work towards the same goal, but they're different teams.

Will you ever stop you biased red propaganda?

It's my opinion, not propaganda. Just as you express your opinion, I express mine.

Your pro-Dictatorship and pro-Censorship party lost the election, remember? Freedom of expression is back.

and your opinion IS also propaganda. Nobody was stopping your indoctrinated spiel before and aren't now, either.

Well, so much for "reconciliation" and "no revenge" (election slogans of the Pheua Thai). Didn't take long.

The post is about the UDD asking the new coalition government. Not about the new coalition government deciding anything.

Contrary to popular belief, the UDD and the PTP are 2 different teams.

Exactly how did you come to that conclusion?

The Democrats had a year to investigate who killed the 90+ Thais last year. They couldn't find anything. For whatever reason.

Let's hope the Puea Thai finds out who killed them.

How about start with the older case? The mass murders under Thaksin during his war on drugs, for example.

How about... Abhisit and the Thai military has towing hundreds of Burmese "boat people" out to sea and abandoning them to die with their hands tied and without food, water, or an engine on their boat??? :bah:

Huh?

Now Abhisit was towing boat loads of people out to sea? The Rohingya issue started under Thaksin and continued under the next three PM's ... It became more of a "news item" 2 months after Abhisit took office. The question becomes even more of a farce when it is suggested that he did it himself or that he had knowledge of the incidents that started under others ... or that 100's were abandoned at sea "to die".

That still doesn't address the 1000's of Thais killed in 3 months in 2003.

so it begins ......I watched this result with a real sense of foreboding , Thaksin is back in control and the axe is going drop on many heads.

All of those who opposed him here in the country and those from nations and a specific country who said they didn't want him to stay should be worried.

This is a real step backwards I think we will see many changes over the next 12 months.

reconciliation replaced with revenge!!!

I hope i am wrong .

I hope you´r right too, but I fear you´r right.

Thida calls on new govt to bring Abhisit, military leaders to justice over red-shirt killings

let sleeping dogs sleep. going over the past will just prevoke another war. Reds arein power should move forward and put the country back together.

Exactly. Unfortunately they're too stupid and/or have ulterior motives. These people don't care about 90-odd lives lost; in fact, it's good for them that they were killed. They want their cake and to eat it. I look to the day they shoot their collective foot.

The headline article in the 'other paper' quotes a PT source as saying that their first goal is to assemble a 300 seat coalition so as to smooth the path to bringing Thaksin home.

I'd imagine that after a few months in the hotseat, Yingluck will be more than happy to turn over the PM's seat to big brother!:ermm:

My best bet is that he will be back in early December. No-one will want to start a conflict then & spoil the birthday party!:whistling: