Teeth Whitening Where, Cheap And Professional

radiola

20000! Somebody is winding u up!

Bangkokdentalsmile.com

They have a promo 7500 for laser whitening! I would have the light whitening procedure instead as the laser treatment

is a little painful and causes your teeth to be very sensitive for a couple of days. It feels like it aggravates your nerve endings in your teeth.

I would personally pay a little extra for the light option.

£99 advertised in our local salon in the U.K...thats 4500 bahtish.

Thailand is far too expensive.

In a salon? Most people go to dentists for this treatment as it is wise to have a scale and polish beforehand.

Most uk dentists are looking between £250-£300

much less expensive than laser is bleaching, and it has several other advantages as well:

1. You can control the degree of whitening. With laser, you cannot, and you don't know until it's done what the result is.

2. It can be used by people with visible crowns (laser cannot as the crown will be unaffected)

3. Not only is it less expensive initially, but repeat treatments are quite inexpensive since you already have the molds and need only buy the gel. (With any type of whitening, including laser, the teeth will re-yellow with time and need repeat treatment).

For some reason people seem to think anything done by laser is better. Not only in cosmetic dentistry but also in skin treatments and surgery. Lasers have their place but are by no means always, or even usually, the best approach.

Whitening by bleaching involves taking a mold of your teeth which is then used to apply gel to them at home. If you do it daily, will take about 10 days to 2 weeks depending on how white you want to go and how stained to start with. it doesn't matter if you miss a day or two. And it does not have to be left on all night, can be applied for as little as 2 hours.

I found it quite convenient and was happy with the results.

All depends how much you want to spend.

I bought a bleaching kit of ebay and made the mould provided myself fit with warm water.

Total cost £4.99 including postage.

It worked, however be careful with the amount of gel you apply as it can burn your gums.

Last time I checked the gels used HP.

Dip your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide (3% solution) before you clean your teeth. Every day for 30 days should do the trick, depending on the discoloration. Or hold a small amount in your mouth, swish then spit out. Shop bought says not for internal use, so use a bit of common sense. It has never harmed me or friends who use it.

30 thb from any pharmacy.

It won't work if discoloration is due to nutritional deficiency. Cut the junk food and sugary drinks.

the gel is probably made from high potency HP, not only 3 %, but most likely 30%

i use HP everyday in toothpaste, I make it myself. MY teeth are not yellow, but are not pearly white either, so I want pearly white, but with 3% peroxide, that is impossible

and even 3% hurts my teeth if I use it as mouthwash, what will do 30%

I rather not try

How you people order from ebay? isn't it only for usa?

I don't think the percentage in the gel is anything near 30%. It does not hurt. My guess would be not moe than 10% but i don't know exactly.

Being in a gel, and with the use of the fitted trays (moulded from your teeth), it is possible for the peroxide to be in contact with your teeth for hours, which gives a much better result than just tooth brushing. For best results they recommend wearing it all night, which is what I did. minimum recommended application time is 2 hours.

You can buy OTC in the US peroxide gels and one-size-fits-all tooth trays that you can somewhat mould by dipping into very hot water and then biting into. I imagine this is also what is on EBay. It will not give the same level of fit and comfort as the custom made moulds from a dentist. And I think (but am not sure) that the gel is a lower concentration that that prescribed by a dentist.

Given that the tooth trays can be reused multiple times it is worth the $ IMO to get them made. the gel alone costs about 1,000 baht a tube.

I went to get my teeth whitened at dr sunil dental clinic. Would not recommend it. I have gingivitis (apparently) and found out later, but would have been obvious to anyone looking at my teeth and they didn't say a word.

Also, get fitted trays. If you smoke and/or drink coffee your teeth will become yellow again soon with just laser.

ALERT

The bleaching process if done at the dentists uses a laser to quicken up the process so the teeth can be whitened within 40 minutes or so.

This should be distinguised from direct laser treatment, which is what everyone on this thread is talking about. Just saying this so you are not shocked when they wheel out the laser. It is mildly painful, a bit like pins randomly jabbing your teeth in the last 15 minutes.

the gel is probably made from high potency HP, not only 3 %, but most likely 30%

i use HP everyday in toothpaste, I make it myself. MY teeth are not yellow, but are not pearly white either, so I want pearly white, but with 3% peroxide, that is impossible

and even 3% hurts my teeth if I use it as mouthwash, what will do 30%

If the gel was 30% you could not put it in your mouth without being seriously burned. 16% is the maximum they use and personally I would not put concentration above 3% in my body. I've used 35% externally on warts and growths successfully.

If you are already using HP everyday and it isn't working , then I doubt a higher concentration would. How long have you been using it? Extended use might damage your teeth. There's an article on Wiki on 'tooth bleaching'. I would recommend you read the sections on 'criticism' and 'risks'.

If your teeth aren't yellowish then you may not benefit from whitening and if you have to get regular touch-ups, how much is that going to cost you? 'Cheap' starts to become expensive.

It's just my opinion but the 'Hollywood smile' looks unnatural.

• 10 months later...

I don't think the percentage in the gel is anything near 30%. It does not hurt. My guess would be not moe than 10% but i don't know exactly.

Being in a gel, and with the use of the fitted trays (moulded from your teeth), it is possible for the peroxide to be in contact with your teeth for hours, which gives a much better result than just tooth brushing. For best results they recommend wearing it all night, which is what I did. minimum recommended application time is 2 hours.

You can buy OTC in the US peroxide gels and one-size-fits-all tooth trays that you can somewhat mould by dipping into very hot water and then biting into. I imagine this is also what is on EBay. It will not give the same level of fit and comfort as the custom made moulds from a dentist. And I think (but am not sure) that the gel is a lower concentration that that prescribed by a dentist.

Given that the tooth trays can be reused multiple times it is worth the $ IMO to get them made. the gel alone costs about 1,000 baht a tube.

Hi Sheryl, would you mind letting us know which gel you used and where you get it from in Thailand, is it from a dentist or can it be store bought ?. I tried this once before years ago and I remember the gel would sensitise my teeth so I stopped but my teeth have now taken on dark staining (too much red wine) and would like to try again ways to whiten my teeth.

Dentist. First they make a custom mold of you teeth so that you have trays in which you put the gel and keep it on the teeth for I think 2 hours at a time.

More expensive the ftrst time due to cost of the custom molds, then after that whenever need to re-whiten, need only the gel.

I forget but I think the gel comes in varying percents so if what you used before caused a problem, tell the dentists this and they'll give you a weaker formulation. Also, bleaching in this manner you can chose the frequency of appliucation, for example daily or every other day, every 3 days etc according to your tolerance. Works either way although of course it will take longer to achieve the desired level of whiteness if the applications are less frequent (ditto with weaker concentration of the gel)

I got main at Bangkok Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit Soi 49 beut I think any dental clinic can provide.

• 10 months later...

I usually go to Bangkok Smile Clinic on Asok. Their prices are usually good. But do your research first, there are SO many dental clinics out there, some better than others. I found this article on dental clinics in Thailand and prices on teeth whitening in Thailand (mainly Bangkok and Phuket I think) http://www.novasans.com/articles/teeth-whitening-thailand/

You can look at different dental clinics and compare them and their prices on teeth whitening in Thailand through clicking on the link. Novasans' Customer Service Manager Nicole helped me book my appointment for my teeth whitening and I was really pleased with them and the clinic. Good luck!