I Have A Return Ticket To Thailand

I am going for a short trip to Thailand, my return ticket is 34 days later and I automatically get 30 days on arrival, then I can extend the next 4 days for 1900 baht.

Might the airline 'pick this up' and demand a full tourist visa when I check in? Because my return is in 34 days?

Any help or views on this appreciated. Emirates, by the way.

Hey I'm going on a one way ticket but I shall have a tourist visa stamped in my passport already.

I had an email from Thai Air saying you may have to sign a disclaimer in case when I arrive in Bangkok they turn me away as no return ticket but I have done this before no problems.

Personally I think you'll be fine ! :o

OK,

Lets look again in more detail.

If you enter Thailand without a visa you can be required to show a ticket out of the country within 30 days.

Will you be asked to show that ticket upon arrival. Pound to a penny if you are from a western country. NO.

Will the check in staff query your return date. I have no idea.

Now you go to immigration and ask for an extension for 4 days. Yeah, normally easy to obtain (but discretionary) and what does OP say when he has to state reason? Because I brought a ticket for 34days. They'll love that. Extensions are normally permitted for circumstances that arise during the 30day stay - so OK he could lie.

Or he could overstay for 4 days, pay small fine. No problem.

YES. OP probably would be fine.

But why take a chance. What possible point. So my advice stands GET A VISA. Then OP need have no worries. And the fact he has posted here shows that he is a little worried.

Yes I leave on Friday 21st; no time to get a visa, even the pay as you wait at Hull UK is closed this week...........just my luck.

I have no fear, regarding landing at bangkok with a return ticket for 34 days, just I am aware there are VERY unpleasant check in staff at EMIRATES who are the most unhelpful and cunning staff I have ever met. They could easily say, no visa, no return within 30 days, and not let me board.

OK. No problemo.

In UK buy a one way full fare refundable ticket using one of the many airlines that fly BKK - SIN and show it to check in staff if requested. Get a refund on return. (Can do online but a refund can take an eternity). Alternatively get a cheapo online with Airsasia to KL or SIN (trawl site for the cheapest - may get for 30-40GBP). OK, you'll lose your money but get peace of mind. Think what you'll lose if you are denied boarding.

I really can't say if you will experience a problem.

Syd, me again.

Sorry, I didn't read Moogs post.

Yes his suggestion is an option. However you'll need to check ticket conditions. It is not "obvious" or even certain that you can change the return date. Some tickets: no; Some: once only; Some: cannot bring the return date forward; Some: first change free, then a fee; Some: a fee each time.

And even if you do change it there is no guarantee there will be a seat available when you try to change back. You could just end up having to buy a new ticket from BKK or shorten your holiday.

Good luck. Let us know what transpires after your hols.

I have no fear, regarding landing at bangkok with a return ticket for 34 days, just I am aware there are VERY unpleasant check in staff at EMIRATES who are the most unhelpful and cunning staff I have ever met.

Whereabouts are you flying from? I've found that Emirates check-in staff at Birmingham airport are great.

Edited by endure

Emirates. Second point.

Check in staff at BHX are not EMIRATES employees. They only have one flight a day and use handling agency staff instead who probably change uniforms 4 times a day depending on what airline they are representing. GLA same. MAN, LGW - don't know.

Heathrow check-in are EMIRATES staff.

My point agency staff are less likely to give a hoot.

I have a related question.

Has anyone reading this ever been denied boarding on any airline going to Thailand with no visa but holding an onward ticket out of Thailand within 30 days in Thailand? In theory, this should always work, but I suppose there are clueless check in agents.