Inexpensive Accomodations Cm

KimoMax

A friend has been living in chiang Rai, but is unable to maintain the connections to the palatforms located in the USA or Europe.

His connection is not fiber optic and can not get a better connection type of service where he lives in Chiang Rai.

Due to the connections falling to very low levels when accessing his broker or other platforms in the USA and Europe, many trades etc are cut and fall thru.

Therefore, he needs to find a place where he can get this type of service.

He has been told by reps from both TOT and CAT that Chiang Mai does have some fiber optics in certain areas and also have better internet connection packages available for internet outside of Thailand.

Anyone know of a reasonable apartment house at about or less than 7,000 a month where he can get this type of high speed service.

He currently has a very nice house for 4,000 baht here, but not having athe internet connection he needs.

Thanks.....

CMU (Chiang Mai University) has the fastest fiber optic connection. The area around the very centre of town (moat and near surroundings, West side of moat up towards the University at any rate, but unsure of where the exact geographic limits of TRUE's cable network are otherwise, would love to know though) has TRUE cable Internet which is reliable and probably the next best option after CMU's system (which is probably not accessible to the public). TOT and CAT I am not so sure about, I hear both good and bad things about them, I think it depends on the area. Many apartment buildings have a wireless Internet system and may be reluctant to have tenants install their own private lines.