Downtown Inn Hotel

Lizard2010

Not sure what is happening there. Seems like even when they were closed down there was always some one around there. Last week I saw some one swimming there. Walked by last night and it looked like there was some one at the desk.

I knew they were going to reopen. I just thought that they would have changed the name.A new name would not fool TV posters but TV posters wouldn't stay there any how. The international media and tour companies might not know the history of the hotel under a new name.

Then again does it matter. If you follow the paper trail you will find the owner has a tittle and it starts with a P and he stands a chance to get one that start's with a K.

Not sure what is happening there. Seems like even when they were closed down there was always some one around there. Last week I saw some one swimming there. Walked by last night and it looked like there was some one at the desk.

I knew they were going to reopen. I just thought that they would have changed the name.A new name would not fool TV posters but TV posters wouldn't stay there any how. The international media and tour companies might not know the history of the hotel under a new name.

Then again does it matter. If you follow the paper trail you will find the owner has a tittle and it starts with a P and he stands a chance to get one that start's with a K.

What do you suggest?

Hotel California (you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave)

I wonder if the guests who stay in room ??? at the Dusit D2 Hotel are aware of it's history.

Some years ago, when Charles Sobraj was at his best he bumped off one of his many victims at this hotel. It was known as the Chiang Inn back then.

I suppose the staff don't inform the unknowing guests when they check in. In fact, the staff probably aren't aware of this anyway.

Time heals all............most of the time.

Have you tried booking it online with any of the major booking sites?

Because every one I've looked at says it's unavailable.

It seems the publicity created by farangs has worked. The hotel will die a slow and agonizing death without Internet bookings which seems quite appropriate imo.

It seems the publicity created by farangs has worked. The hotel will die a slow and agonizing death without Internet bookings which seems quite appropriate imo.

Not sure on this statement " publicity created by farangs has worked."

I was there the day the first person died.

We were not even aware till we got back home to OZ.

People need to be aware that there has been problem no matter in the world where it has happened.

That is my opinion, for what it is worth.

My life is more important not to die.

People need to be aware that there has been problem no matter in the world where it has happened.

I assume you havent been back to Chiang Mai since, so what made you think the hotel had closed? I pass it regularly and have not seen the doors closed, though I must say it looks very quite.

Iain

I wonder if the guests who stay in room ??? at the Dusit D2 Hotel are aware of it's history.

Some years ago, when Charles Sobraj was at his best he bumped off one of his many victims at this hotel. It was known as the Chiang Inn back then.

I suppose the staff don't inform the unknowing guests when they check in. In fact, the staff probably aren't aware of this anyway.

Time heals all............most of the time.

Boy does that bring back memories! I always stayed at the Chiang Inn in the past, back when the staff was so humble they would bow their heads every time they passed. Great place. There are other hotels in town that also have their list of rooms the staff does not want to enter.

Cool, I'm coming to CM soon, is this a recommended place to stay?

Sorry to say a big NO.

Several people have died their and no one know why.

They are still waiting for test results of samples sent to Japan & USA.

We have been using this Hotel for years.

BUT never again after the deaths.

I want to live a bit longer :)

I assume you haven't been back to Chiang Mai since, so what made you think the hotel had closed? I pass it regularly and have not seen the doors closed, though I must say it looks very quite.

Iain

Someone in another area told me that his wife knew someone that worked there was tyransfered to the Empress Hotel.

Maybe it was only for a short time.

Im going to stay at a place where they have new rooms only 18months old not far from the Hotel.

I know the owner :)

That's not correct. It's now public knowledge what caused the deaths at the Downtown Inn Hotel.

Aitch

That's not correct. It's now public knowledge what caused the deaths at the Downtown Inn Hotel.

Aitch

Oh really? Are you sure about that?

I thought it was the spray or chemical used to kill bedbugs--which is banned in many other countries. I actually stayed there in 2004, under the buy 2 nights, get the third free (if you live that long). They were actually very pleasant.

Aitch

Oh really? Are you sure about that?

Take a look here http://www.ddc.moph.go.th/pnews/showimgpic.php?id=296

Perhaps the public could convince the powers that be as to the reasons why

Aitch

Not sure how you mean " not correct "

I have read numerous Thai Visa, plus other web sites.

And i stress : No one knows what happened to the people who died"

If you know please enlighten us with web sites.

I for one would like to know seeing i was there when the 1st person died, the second died the day/night i left for Chiang Rai. :(

Edited by Lizard2010

You didn't know it was poisoning? Really?

So what type of poisoning.

All the reports before say they did not know how it happened.

Web site if you know it!!

There was a website posted earlier. The only thing they know for sure is one of them died with heart related factors. The verdict is still out on the other three.

To the best of my knowledge there was only four deaths there the others were at other hotels and got drug into this sorry situation to make for shock news. Kinda like a Nation article.

There was others who did not die and have returned to their country of origin. One was in Seattle and went on for further tests there. No verdict yet but they do hope to wrap it up this month.