Sms To Thailand? I'm So Sorry :(

Kwic

Hello! :D I'm so sorry that I ask about it again ,because I know that on this forum there is some of such topics, but I really havent found helpful site ,that's why i'm writing here... I think in Thailand are 3 network's right?

(Ais, DTAC-Total Access Communication Ltd. and Orange Thailand ) But My friend doesnt know which one she has :o But her number is +66412XXXX1. How Do You think? Which one? (i mean network). And If You know could You give me some site where I can send sms for her? PLease it's very important ,because I dont want to always spend money sending by phone :D . I was on some site's but I couldnt send sms from there. I will be really most grateful! I'm w8ing for reply.

All the best for All people on this forum :D

Hello! :D I'm so sorry that I ask about it again ,because I know that on this forum there is some of such topics, but I really havent found helpful site ,that's why i'm writing here... I think in Thailand are 3 network's right?

(Ais, DTAC-Total Access Communication Ltd. and Orange Thailand ) But My friend doesnt know which one she has :o But her number is +66412XXXX1. How Do You think? Which one? (i mean network). And If You know could You give me some site where I can send sms for her? PLease it's very important ,because I dont want to always spend money sending by phone :D . I was on some site's but I couldnt send sms from there. I will be really most grateful! I'm w8ing for reply.

All the best for All people on this forum  :D

I always use www.ipipi.com always works from any computer in the world but then you have to pay, still quite a bit cheaper than sending an international sms from a UK network. Currently offeringf a 10% discount on 350+ orders.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to find free SMS, don't bother, and avoid www.sms.ac a big scam.

Edited by spacebass

All the best for All people on this forum  :D

In order to help we need more information...

First have your friend determine her provider...turn off phone, open, and examine the SIM. It will have the service providers details on it in obvious format; 1-2-Call (AIS) is the largest, followed by DTAC then Orange, then maybe a few others.

There is a slim chance her provider's website might offer some sort of free, web-accessed SMS delivery system. She may have to register for this service.

Failing that there are a number of free SMS providers, however the delivery reliability hovers above or near 0%.

There are many fee-based SMS providers, with the ability to reliably send SMS'es from a computuer to any mobile, anywhere. The typical cost is 4 baht per SMS.

Can you describe your situation? Where are you? How many SMS'es do you send (day/week/month)? Always to the same number? How much does it cost to send from your phone? How much are you willing to pay, per SMS? Are you sure your friend is reading and understanding all your SMS'es?

Simple ask her what type of top up card she buys for phone credit..

I also searched for ages to set a simple SMS solution up.. DTAC has a system of sending telnumber@someaddress that works (its in this forum so search) but I have AIS and dont want to switch..

I recenlty bought 25 Euro credit with PSWin.com to automate some email alert systems.. Can send sms through thier site or through email solution.

I will think about these pay site's ,but I still want to find some free site :D

Thanks all of You for reply me.

Unfortunatelly i can't ask her to check the sim etc. because She doesnt know english well :/ So those options arent helpful for me :D

Crossy-I searched alot of times on Google...But I didnt find :D

the scouser-this is not bad idea hehe ;P

lomatopo-

Can you describe your situation? Where are you? How many SMS'es do you send (day/week/month)? Always to the same number? How much does it cost to send from your phone? How much are you willing to pay, per SMS? Are you sure your friend is reading and understanding all your SMS'es?

I come from Poland (do You know where is it ? :D) and I have net Girlfriend hehe from Thailand (Bangkok). I send about 2-3sms per day to her. Yea always to the same number. Cost? hm...not so expensive ,but how can I explain You. OK look:

My currency is : 1gr, 2gr, 5gr, 10gr, 20gr, 50gr, 1zł etc...

1$=about 3zł

10cent=30gr

But my sms cost's 20gr. It isn't expensive ,but You know...In Poland EVERONE send sms by net. ON almost each site we have sms sender. I used to send by net ,that's why I'm asking. I dont know how much I would like to pay but less :D.

In Poland we send sms to same provider for even 1gr! so You see 20gr and 1gr :D

It's 20Xmore. And yes i'm sure that she understands my sms ,because she answer's me often (by my Polish site :o ) hehe.

And I'm wondering how much YOU pay per sms. And I have one more question.

How much You pay for 1minute call?? Here it's very expensive for me...

about 2-3$ per minute...so sux...

I'm w8ing for reply :D

all the best :D

Hi Kwic,

you can send SMS to a Thai mobile with the asian version of the Yahoo Messenger   free of charge.

If you have a fast internet connection you may give Skype a try for telephone services. One minute to a thai mobile cost you 0.431 zł.

Cześć  :D  Ralf

Hey Ralf :D Asian Version? Hm...I dont know which version I have ,I suppose when it's start of instalation I chose english hehe :D Skype hm...It's sux ,because My net isn't good ,it's first ,and second my brother is always in room :o And he would be laughing at me :D But yea very cheap :D

Ps: Siema :D Może coś byś mi więcej powiedział o tym Yahoo :D?

Hey Ralf biggrin.gif Asian Version? Hm...I dont know which version I have ,I suppose when it's start of instalation I chose english hehe biggrin.gif

There are different versions of the yahoo messenger. With the version from http://sg.yahoo.com/ (singapore) you can send sms to Thailand, Singapore and other countries in asia.

It even works backwords with some providers (Yahoo message to mobile)

http://asia.mobile.yahoo.com/sms/y2sms/

The messenger is also in english.

Soory, I don't understand polskiego, just the basics like

Dzień dobry

Dobranoc

Przepraszam

and very important "Na zdrowie" :o

Cheers

Ralf- I will check it out :o

Hehe I thought that You are polish man. You know someone from Poland? SOme girl hehe? :D

Dzień dobry

Dobranoc

Przepraszam

and very important "Na zdrowie"

Dzięki stary=Thanks man :D

Edited by Kwic

Hey Ralf biggrin.gif Asian Version? Hm...I dont know which version I have ,I suppose when it's start of instalation I chose english hehe biggrin.gif

There are different versions of the yahoo messenger. With the version from http://sg.yahoo.com/ (singapore) you can send sms to Thailand, Singapore and other countries in asia.

It even works backwords with some providers (Yahoo message to mobile)

http://asia.mobile.yahoo.com/sms/y2sms/

The messenger is also in english.

Dzień dobry

Dobranoc

Przepraszam

and very important "Na zdrowie" :o

Cheers

It looks to me like this will only work for sending SMS'es to DTAC customers?

http://asia.mobile.yahoo.com/index.php

(Note that the Yahoo! India Messenger website lists both DTAC and AIS (which might include 1-2-Call)?

Have you used this service? Does it work reliably? Can you send SMS'es to DTAC? 1-2-Call? Orange?

In general it would help if people used and tested these free services before recommending them.

The siamzone service has never worked for me.

Again for the OP it would be very helpful if your friend can determine her service provider. No need to open the phone and look at the SIM, just look at the display with the phone turned on. It should say:

TH GSM AIS/1-2-Call

DTAC DTAC

ORANGE Orange

In this post there is mention of a look up service. It used to work but it is not working for me now?

This site offers a fee-based service. SMS'es to Thailand cost ~ .035 Euros each (0.8 credits times 0.044 Euros per credit). I have not used this service.

I use the normal English version of Yahoo messenger to send SMS to Thailand and it works. I send about 3-4 SMS per month though. It doesn't cost anything but I don't know if the receiver has to pay or not. My wife is also able to reply/send SMS to my Yahoo messenger from Thailand.

Been using it about 3 months...so far worked everytime. Just clcik on the icon that look like a hand/cell phone and type away.

Since it only cost me about 7 cents per minute to call Thailand, I don't use SMS much.

Ski

Ralf-Cześć :o I dont know how to send sms by yahoo :-/ I downloaded this Singapure Yahoo ,but I still dont know how to send. I click :

"messenger/preferences/general-Edit Mobile Device and there I write number with +

So +6641XXXXX1 and it doesnt work :/ Pls explain it to me or give me your yahoo adress or MSN adress :D

Ski_Goong-Could You write to what number You send? (with XXX) and what provider your receiver has? :D

Greetings!

Edited by Kwic

I don't know why u are going under preferences to send SMS. If you were to read my last reply carefully, you would have known what to do.

Anyhow, here goes:

CLICK on the icon that looks like a cell phone (it will say send text messages). I put the number in the same format as you did, ie +669772XXXX. I have sent SMS to people using DTAC and Orange but not AIS.

Hope this helps...

Ski...

I click :

"messenger/preferences/general-Edit Mobile Device and there I write number with +

So +6641XXXXX1 and it doesnt work :/ Pls explain it to me or give me your yahoo adress or MSN adress :o

Ski_Goong-Could You write to what number You send? (with XXX) and what provider your receiver has? :D

Greetings!

Ski Goong :o:D

Excellent, thanks.

I am running a vanilla English version of Yahoo! Messenger (with Voice, 7,0,0,437).

I clicked on the mobile phone icon (send a text message) and entered +661nnnnnnn, a DTAC post-paid number, and typed a message. It was delivered in less than 3 seconds I then tried it to my 1-2-Call pre-paid number and also had a message delivered in seconds.

Note that immediately after you receive the original SMS you receive a second SMS from Yahoo telling you that a Yahoo subscriber sent you a message and that you can reply, there is also a reference to asia.mobile.yahoo.com .

Also note that your Yahoo user name shows up as the first bit of test in both the mobile phone's text message in box and in the SMS text.

For 1-2-Call the two SMS'es cost me 2.14 baht to receive them, presumably 1.07 each. That makes sense, 1 baht plus 7% VAT. DTAC's billing inquiry system is less than robust so I am unable to verify the costs of the incoming SMS'es currently.

Anyway, this looks to be an excellent solution. Maybe others can test it out and report their results.

I said (or not? I forgot :D) that it doesnt work. (send text message) I tried it many times. Maybe that's why I come from Poland ? I dont know :o Or I write number wrong? Who knows how can I send by Yahoo plsss. PLease it's really very important for me... SOme ideas why it doesnt work?

Maybe she has AIS? Ski_Goong wrote that it doesnt work on it. Please help poor polish guy :D

I said (or not? I forgot :D) that it doesnt work. (send text message) I tried it many times. Maybe that's why I come from Poland ? I dont know :o Or I write number wrong? Who knows how can I send by Yahoo plsss. PLease it's really very important for me... SOme ideas why it doesnt work?

Maybe she has AIS? Ski_Goong wrote that it doesnt work on it. Please help poor polish guy  :D

Can you send an SMS to your own phone, or someone's phone nearby in Poland, via Yahoo! Messenger?

What happens when you try to send a message?

What version of Yahoo! Messenger do you have?

It should probably say "Yahoo! Messenger with Voice" on the Windows title bar?

Can you see the row of four icons, near the top of the Messenger page, a yellow smiley face, a blue exclamation mark (!), a purple analog telephone handset, and a silver & blue mobile phone?

If so, click on the silver & blue mobile phone icon, which opens the "send a text message" window. Now click on the "other contact" tab. Enter +66nnnnnnnn, so +66 followed by the eight -8- digit telephone number for your friend, remember to drop the leading zero. Click OK.

This opens up a message window, type your message and click send.

The text of your message should show in the window above where you entered the text, sort of like a chat session.

I just verified it works for DTAC and 1-2-Call. I cannot test it with Orange.

"Happy" is (I think) the name for DTAC's pre-paid mobile phone serve, "1-2-Call" is AIS's name for their pre-paid service. I'm willing to bet that your friend has either Orange or 1-2-Call, based on market share here(1-2-Call), and promotions (Orange).

Can you friend receive SMS'es nomally, that is when sent from a mobile phone?

How do you know she is not receiving SMS'es sent via Yahoo! Messenger? Note that if she tries to reply, the reply will go back to Yahoo! Messenger.

By the way, the reply function works perfectly. I replied and my Yahoo! Messenger window was blinking in 1 second!

The reply number was 83140001.

Maybe uninstall and reinstall Yahoo! Messenger?

lomatopo-hello :D so:

Can you send an SMS to your own phone, or someone's phone nearby in Poland, via Yahoo! Messenger?
Unfortunatelly I can't ,because Poland is not on the country list on Yahoo (only 17 countries are), but it's ok. I want to send only to Thailand. I didnt try to send to someone near Poland.
What happens when you try to send a message?

What version of Yahoo! Messenger do you have?

When I try to send a message You can see on picture I made for You :D:

picture8kg.jpg

I downloaded this version which Ralf gave me (from Singapure). It's

"Yahoo! Messenger with voice (7.0.0.438)" I suppose it's newest one.

It should probably say "Yahoo! Messenger with Voice" on the Windows title bar?

Can you see the row of four icons, near the top of the Messenger page, a yellow smiley face, a blue exclamation mark (!), a purple analog telephone handset, and a silver & blue mobile phone?

I have the same icons :D
If so, click on the silver & blue mobile phone icon, which opens the "send a text message" window. Now click on the "other contact" tab. Enter +66nnnnnnnn, so +66 followed by the eight -8- digit telephone number for your friend, remember to drop the leading zero. Click OK.

This opens up a message window, type your message and click send.

I do it in the same way.

Can you friend receive SMS'es nomally, that is when sent from a mobile phone?
Yea I think she doesnt have any problems with receiving my messages from my mobile phone. She often reply me by web site I gave her (to Poland everyone can send alot of sms everyday and everywhere :D ).
How do you know she is not receiving SMS'es sent via Yahoo! Messenger? Note that if she tries to reply, the reply will go back to Yahoo! Messenger.

I know because Yahoo write's that sms cannot be send. You can see on picture. So i think it's obvious that it doesn't send my messages :o

Maybe uninstall and reinstall Yahoo! Messenger?

I think my Yahoo! Messenger is work correct, because I had other version before and it was the same. I just think that she has some provider Yahoo can't send to it...

It so sux, because I really want to send :D

Thanks for trying to help me man <beer> :D

Ps: What do You think about my situations?

Ps: What do You think about my situations?

Do you get that Yahoo message immediately, or does it take a few seconds?

Have you clicked on the "find out why" link?

At this point my guess is that your friend has a mobile provider that does not have a email-sms gateway, or if they do they are not making it available to Yahoo.

It would be really helpful if we can somehow determine which provider she uses.

Or maybe she could switch to 1-2-Call?

Do you get that Yahoo message immediately, or does it take a few seconds?
About 2 seconds.
Have you clicked on the "find out why" link?

Yes few times ,but it makes my computer stop working :o (so I didnt find out.

At this point my guess is that your friend has a mobile provider that does not have a email-sms gateway, or if they do they are not making it available to Yahoo.
Maybe she didnt activate such service? In Poland we had to send sms to our operator for activate such service (for able to receive sms's from net)
Or maybe she could switch to 1-2-Call?

What do You mean?

arsed...shit I dont know this word ,that's why I dont know what do You mean again... But if You can't read such topics because it's stupid for You (such questions) just dont read... I ask because I dont know, and on this forum are people who want to help me. Forum exist because people sharing problems with eachother. (i was searching alot of times on the net about send sms to Thailand for free. BUt i didnt found)

Take care.

PS: is it possible to send sms to Orange Thailand? Do You know some sites? I will be most grateful.

Edited by Kwic