Peacock Guest House Soi Buakao

paulnuek

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just returned home 3 days ago after staying in this area for 4 weeks and can honestly recommend many guesthouses in the soi Bukhow/LKMetro area,all for between 400/600 price range,even cheaper if planning a stay of 2/3 weeks plus.

Most of these places come equiped with a/c,dvd's/fridges/daily linen changes and room cleaned also daily.

almost all also have a balcony,if interested you can PM me for further details.They are also easy access for 2nd rood or soi Bukhow baht-bus's.

paulnuek , in my opinion Soi buakhao is not a very nice place to stay , there are far to many people crammed into a small area , on market days your are taking your life in your own hands just trying to get from A to B , also there seems to be a lack of police there , probably because its so far away from the main drag , the next road up from it is third road , what i would consider to be the most dangerous place in Pattaya with its murders on a regular basis , but hey man its up to you so check it out and let us know how you got on , god luck and have a good holiday , regards

Soi Buk is a dump. the best value for the money about 700 baht per night is the Flipperhouse hotel soi 7. Right in the middle of all the action, but not noisy like soi 8. Also depends on how long you plan to stay. Their are some very nice two room apartments off of Pattaya Klang for about 10,000 baht per month, with security and swimming pool.

Barry

Their are some very nice two room apartments off of Pattaya Klang for about 10,000 baht per month, with security and swimming pool.

Believe he's only staying 7 days.

Poppa...............where he is intending to stay is no where near the market so he's hardly taking his life in his hands. He's heading to the where Soi Bourkhao meets Soi Diana.

Paul if the Peacock turns out no good there is a Soi directly opposite Soi Diana called Soi Lengkee with a few good places to stay in..........as to whether you/ll be able to get in is another question.

As to Soi Bourkhao being a dump there are parts which are run down but where he is going is ok.

Allan if the Peacock is crap I have your no. :D

Might turn up on your door with case in hand :o

Seriously though,if it is not up to scratch there are hotels/guest houses on every corner of Pattaya.I`m sure I would be able to get in somewhere.

Keep them beers cold mate...

Soi  Buk is a dump.  the best value for the money about 700 baht per night is the Flipperhouse hotel soi 7. Right in the middle of all the action,  but not noisy like soi 8. Also depends on how long you plan to stay. Their are some very nice two room apartments off of Pattaya Klang for about 10,000 baht per month, with security and swimming pool.

Barry

Agreed

why stay in a hole like Soi Buk, with all the problems it brings, taxi home, violence, dark street, traffic on market days, when you can stay in the real action with more saftey and well run hotels on soi 7 and 8 set up for a mans holiday

I don`t think I have ever been to Soi Buk(at least i can`t remember).

I am going to give it a try,nothing to lose.

If it is as bad as you say,I will move somewhere else.

P72 soi in walking street is full of Hotels so I would probably stay there if the worst came .

But I have yet to see any violence etc in all my visits to LOS,except for yanks fighting amonst themselves or trying to pick a fight with some of the Austrailians from the Jan Bar (love that place).Yanks 0 Ausies 4 :o

Soi  Buk is a dump.  the best value for the money about 700 baht per night is the Flipperhouse hotel soi 7. Right in the middle of all the action,  but not noisy like soi 8. Also depends on how long you plan to stay. Their are some very nice two room apartments off of Pattaya Klang for about 10,000 baht per month, with security and swimming pool.

Barry

Agreed

why stay in a hole like Soi Buk, with all the problems it brings, taxi home, violence, dark street, traffic on market days, when you can stay in the real action with more saftey and well run hotels on soi 7 and 8 set up for a mans holiday

Barry...........OP is arriving 19th Dec from 20th Dec Flipper is 1200 baht/night.

http://www.flippergroup.com/flipperhouse/index.html

Sunbeam is a whopping 1600 /night!

I/d hardly say Soi Bourkhao is a hole around the Soi Diana area ........plenty of new watering holes now although i would agree towards the market end and middle road end are run down.

Point is we all know there are plenty of better places in Pattaya but in his original post the OP wanted a place for 600-700 a night in December............i don't know of many, do you? (that are available as well of course).

As for a taxi home..........if you jump out of a baht bus at 2nd road end of Soi Diana its a 5min walk (brightly lit) or 20 baht on the back of a motorbike taxi from anywhere in Pattaya.

Should add i have no vested interest in Soi Bourkhao. :o

Edit..........Paul Soi Bourkhao runs parrallel to the 2nd road all the way from South Pattaya Road to Middle Road..............odds are you/ll never see the run down bits.

Edited by thaiflyer1

• 2 weeks later...

My friend Oi owns the Peacock Guest House. She's been in Pattaya a long time having owned the Mosquito Bar on Soi 8 (now named something else) and the Peacock Bar that was in the bar "complex" next to the police station on Soi 9/Beach Rd (now demolished).

The rooms ARE basic (The pictures don't lie). But, the rooms are clean and have air, fridge, and a TV. Lockable safe in the room. No phone in the room.

Oi and her staff are super friendly. You'll find it a comfortable place to have a couple beers before going out, or to sit back, have a few beers and watch the people go by once you get back in at night. Mac is not bad at pool and she is a hoot.

I had some personal issues back in July and Oi was kind enough to store all of my things down in her storage area in the back on the ground floor. Computer, mountain bike, etc... Kept everything for a month while I was gone. Nothing was missing when I came back. I stayed there for another month while I looked for an apartment. Safety for your belongings will never be an issue.

The pics for the Sutus look pretty good, with the pool being the deciding factor if a pool is important to you. Rooms for the Sutus look a little bigger.. comparable room amenities, with the Sutus looking to be a little nicer overall. What's up with those blue curtains?

If your budget is higher, there is a Keerati Home Stay apartments "caddy corner" to the Areca Lodge. Not even a year old. Last couple times I stayed it was 1000 baht. Beautiful rooms. Wood and tile floors, TV/DVD, phone, separate kitchen area, with microwave/fridge, use of the pool at the Metropole serviced apartments complex next door (same owner). Not sure what the price would be now, although surely more expensive for high season, or even if they have rooms available. I don't have a number, but if you are interested, maybe call Metropole at 038-428-100, they should have the number. Areca is ok. Fairly new hotel with pretty standard hotel rooms.

You'll want to do your homework now though as it will probably be very hard to find a "nicer" room in December when you arrive.

Good luck,

maikee

My friend Oi owns the Peacock Guest House. She's been in Pattaya a long time having owned the Mosquito Bar on Soi 8 (now named something else) and the Peacock Bar that was in the bar "complex" next to the police station on Soi 9/Beach Rd (now demolished).

The rooms ARE basic (The pictures don't lie). But, the rooms are clean and have air, fridge, and a TV.  Lockable safe in the room. No phone in the room.

Oi and her staff are super friendly. You'll find it a comfortable place to have a couple beers before going out, or to sit back, have a few beers and watch the people go by once you get back in at night. Mac is not bad at pool and she is a hoot.

I had some personal issues back in July and Oi was kind enough to store all of my things down in her storage area in the back on the ground floor. Computer, mountain bike, etc...  Kept everything for a month while I was gone. Nothing was missing when I came back. I stayed there for another month while I looked for an apartment. Safety for your belongings will never be an issue.

The pics for the Sutus look pretty good, with the pool being the deciding factor if a pool is important to you. Rooms for the Sutus look a little bigger.. comparable room amenities, with the Sutus looking to be a little nicer overall.  What's up with those blue curtains?

If your budget is higher, there is a Keerati Home Stay apartments "caddy corner" to the Areca Lodge. Not even a year old. Last couple times I stayed it was 1000 baht. Beautiful rooms. Wood and tile floors, TV/DVD, phone, separate kitchen area, with microwave/fridge, use of the pool at the Metropole serviced apartments complex next door (same owner). Not sure what the price would be now, although surely more expensive for high season, or even if they have rooms available. I don't have a number, but if you are interested, maybe call Metropole at  038-428-100, they should have the number.  Areca is ok. Fairly new hotel with pretty standard hotel rooms.

You'll want to do your homework now though as it will probably be very hard to find a "nicer" room in December when you arrive.

Good luck,

maikee

I have been told that the rooms will basic......... Mai pen Rai.

I have also been told that Oiy is very nice along with her staff.

I`m not really interested in a pool as I prefer to go to the beach at Jomtien.

But thanks for the info.

Paul

What i was told in a private mail & other items also  :o

thaiflyer are you a batty boy as ive been warned in a PM bah.gif

:D

:D

<deleted>............Oiy Silent Tiger anywhere anytime sunshine i/ll show who's a batty boy or not. :D

paulnuek................i've tried to give you a bit of advice over where to stay, have a look at the two places yourself when you land and you/ll see who's right. The staff at the Peacock may be pleasant enough (i dont know to be honest) but out of the 2 places the Sutus Court represents better value for money IMO.

Silent Tiger.............if you have any other smartarse comments pm me and i/ll see you next time your over...........i can't stand tossers.

• 3 weeks later...

Received some interesting info last week from mr Thaiflyer.

For sale sign outside......

Have contacted the Peacock and they have told me that they won`t be selling until March onwards.

At least I know,I would have been worried if I pulled up in the taxi and saw the for sale sign outside (probably on my window).

Anyway not long to go.

I leave Newcastle Sat morning and will be having a few cold ones sometime/somewhere on Sun afternoon.

:o

just popped down to pattaya to meet a mate for a couple of days and am staying in a small hotel in the sub soi off soi dianna. very new - 500 baht per night - 50 metres from the junction with soi bukhow . rooms are basic - but clean and new. am quite happy with it . I am at a place called D&P appartment and their contact email is [email protected].

just popped down to pattaya to meet a mate for a couple of days and am staying in a small hotel in the sub soi off soi dianna. very new - 500 baht per night - 50 metres from the junction with soi bukhow . rooms are basic - but clean and new. am quite happy with it . I am at a place called D&P appartment and their contact email is [email protected].

Cheers.Made a note in case things take a turn for the worse at the Peacock.

• 5 weeks later...

Just arrived home today.

Sick as a pig.

Anyway I stayed at the Peacock for 7 nights.

Was clean comfortable and staff were very friendly.

When i checked out i was given a bottle of thai whisky from the owner.

The only fault I had was it was a bit too far from where i usually hang out-walking street area to best friend bar.

But I would recoomend this bar/guest house to anyone wanting to stay in the Soi Buk area.

• 4 years later...

Soi 7 and 8 are ok for a beer but if you stay there and if you can find a decent room then you will need to be deaf to get some sleep, a friend of mine stayed there and bar fined a girl from one of the bars who stole his phone, he went to the bar to complain and nearly got set about by the girls and had to move out of the area.