Director'S Chairs

SwaziBird

Have enquired at a few large furniture stores about availablity of folding chairs with canvas slung seat and back,and with arm rests.

These are to be found, I would say, in any western country but my request raised eye-brows and quizzical expressions here.

The chairs are simply wooden framed slung with canvas and with both front and rear legs crossed in X shape allowing the chair to be collapsed (squeazed) into a narrow form. Very common on patios and outdoors.

They are sometimes typified as movie director's chairs to be found on movie sites.

Perhaps I've asked the wrong furniture stores. Any help please ?

Many thanks.

Cheers

Big C or Tesco Lotus, in the sporting goods area, very reasonable, about 300-400 baht.

Thanks Lobo. Very encouraging response.

Cheers

BTW, really like your signature. Nice one! Had a good chuckle.

Correct. Not a wood frame, but a tubular aluminum one. Canvas arms, seat and back. But the price is right and just as comfortable as the wooden variety, and would certainly suffice until the wooden one can be found or made. Think of it as a throwaway model.

The real directors chairs,as pictured, were at the INDEX LIVING MALL on the super highway,that was a few months ago maybe worth a visit.

Thanks Sparkles.....you've just cost me an arm and a leg !

I only went to Index Living to find the captain's chairs and came away having bought a couple of upholstered lounge suite chairs instead !!!

Incidentally, they only had the tubular-metal type of chair, similar to the one I was looking for, at this time.

Thanks to all for advising and helping.

Cheers.