Hotdogs?

Shot

I have searched like a dog, and I have not found any hot deals on quality dogs. I checked all the usual spots, and was dog found to see quality. I found Johnsonville brats in Phuket Town but the label clearly states "KEEP FROZEN", and they were soft. I went home with my wiener between my legs. Any thoughts where I can get a pack of good dogs.

Just to give you an idea of what I like, Mustards last stand in South Chicago has the best. A New York dog is a poodle by comparison.:D

Hotdogs are different all over the world, have you tried the Isarn or Vietnam style?

I have found to like

Makro, 1Kg packs of large cheese dogs, approx 300 baht

S&P, sold by Tesco, Tops and in their own stores, Cheese&Bacon, Italian and Bratwurst, all in 150-200g packs at approx 75baht

all of the above often sold out tho

7/eleven, chicken dogs with cheese called cheese bite, eatable in emergency (hotdog hangover or similar), so is their bacon wrapped dog

on the other hand I have tried hot dogs here containing more than 20% sugar :rolleyes:

kata you're clearly not american. Only North american people can understand the primal need for the perfect thick and soft pizza/hotdog/burger. It's our way of life. That and mexican fireworks. :)

After a few years, i have only found the hotdog's at Stevo's (mike's burger) next to villa eatable. Actually i love them.. the chili dog is great. But it seems that he has been out of business lately. Always closed.

I have tried every imported dog for sale.. I found a good american brand once at villa but they werent frozen properly i guess and tasted pretty bad. Just save your love and eat it daily when you,re back home.. t hat's what i did.. a 20baht/dog you can feel like your on a thai diet budget wise haha.

kata you're clearly not american. Only North american people can understand the primal need for the perfect thick and soft pizza/hotdog/burger. It's our way of life. That and mexican fireworks. :)

After a few years, i have only found the hotdog's at Stevo's (mike's burger) next to villa eatable. Actually i love them.. the chili dog is great. But it seems that he has been out of business lately. Always closed.

I have tried every imported dog for sale.. I found a good american brand once at villa but they werent frozen properly i guess and tasted pretty bad. Just save your love and eat it daily when you,re back home.. t hat's what i did.. a 20baht/dog you can feel like your on a thai diet budget wise haha.

You r right, I am absolutely not american, and where I come from hot dogs/sausages have been eaten for a few (3 to 5) centuries

couple of more

TGM(Thai German Meat), Bacon dog and Arabic wiener, Tesco, Big C and Tops

I still have hot dogs from my homecountry brought here on occasions, and still love them, but quality hot dogs are easily available here as of few past years

You r right, I am absolutely not american, and where I come from hot dogs/sausages have been eaten for a few (3 to 5) centuries

couple of more

I still have hot dogs from my homecountry brought here on occasions, and still love them, but quality hot dogs are easily available here as of few past years

Sorry to hear you are "absolutely not American".

Just because something has been eaten for 3 to 5 centuries, does not make it good. Take

lutefisk for example.

Thank you for the info on Tops. I will check them out.

Both "Butter is Better" and "the Dukes" in Chiang Mai have excellent hotdogs, but I have not had decent ones anywhere else.

And you're posting that bit of information in the Phuket Forum... I'm sure we'll all run right up there! biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear you are "absolutely not American".

Just because something has been eaten for 3 to 5 centuries, does not make it good. Take

lutefisk for example.

Thank you for the info on Tops. I will check them out.

agreed, lutefisk is not good at all ;)

Both "Butter is Better" and "the Dukes" in Chiang Mai have excellent hotdogs, but I have not had decent ones anywhere else.

And you're posting that bit of information in the Phuket Forum... I'm sure we'll all run right up there! biggrin.gif

I'm no jogger but I have flown from Phuket to Chiang Mai and back just for the ribs at Dukes. :lol:

Only real hotdog (American) is a Ballpark. Sometimes Villa Market carries Oscar Meyer and they are close to as good. Villa also has some dogs in water in a jar with a red, white, and blue label that says boldly, "American Style". They are not. They are <deleted>.

The good ol US of A has no cuisine of it's own,just plastic crap ripoffs of real food :whistling:

Really? Have you ever been to California? They grow more produce than most countries... But they did ripoff the French and improved their grapes. biggrin.gif

Edited by Jimi007

Really? Have you ever been to California? They grow more produce than most countries... But they did ripoff the French and improved their grapes. biggrin.gif

Actually, most of the French grapes are Californian.

The California grapes were originally from France. In France there was a blight and all their vines died. They imported back the vines from California to replant in France.

Choice foods in Kata has frozen hotdogs not sure of the quality but the other meat that I have gotten there has been top choice. I looked arround and nothing was better. If they dont have it they will order if they can. Good luck a great hotdog you always remember.

couple of more

Does anyone know where to source good quality large hot dog rolls and sesame burger buns? Any that i have found have been very sweet..

You haven't been in Thailand long enough if you don't like sugar in your bread! 555 But nor do I! I'm tired of going to bakeries and seeing what appears to be a beautiful savoury bun/tart/whatever only to get it near your mouth and smell the sugar. And then the taste is worse! Blergh!!!

@OP, I have never tried them but there's a guy here in Phuket that imports his dogs from Oz, Spikey dogs. Maybe worth giving a go