Abhisit Likely To Be Re-Elected As Party Leader

webfact

Hammered, the reasons for this hate in the villages are completely unjust. That besides, any other leader of the opposition who presents a viable threat to PT/UDD/Thaksin is also likely to become the victim of a very well-coordinated bullying and hate campaign, and therefore also result in being a magnet to such hate.

Frankly, I find it very reassuring he chooses to take a stand now and lot let his career be victimised by these scumbag tactics. Throwing the towel in will simply set a precedent that intimidation prevails.

Well I have been a very vocal critic of team Thaksin and the reds in the past. However, it is clearly time to move as we had two years of the democrats and parliamentary allies supported by the establishment and military and able to enact populaist policies beyond anything before and rearrange the heirarchy of every state body. Then they held a let the people decide election on and the people have decided. They want PTP even after they have been showered with largesse from the other side.

It is not about which side you support, and I have never had much time for the either bunch, but accepting reality and what is best for the country, and supporting the wishes of the majority trumps supporting a decreasing minority who dont want to allow their opponents to play and who are willing to critically undermine peoples faith in any state institution to do so. We have had the let the people decide election. Their is a winner and a loser. Move on. The next election is time to judge the incoming government. Already though too many are trying to do so before they are even seated.

And to get back on topic reelecting Abhisit as their leader will leave the Dems unelectable at the next election too.

There is a good piece in the unmentionable media source too today about the "wind in the sails" of PTP/Thaksin/Yingluck which mentions the Dems being uncompetetive for years. Nailing their colours to the mast of establishment was a big mistake not only with those who dont like them but also with a fair number of their own supporters.

Thais tend to have short memory spans. If the PT does not deliver and/or the economy is going down the drain many will vote for another party than PT next time around and the balance could easily shift towards the Democrats.

The Dems have been waiting for that to happen for years. It isnt going to very soon imho although without Abhisit it is more likely and will happen sooner. When he became PM he wasnt disliked or anything in rural villages I go to. Now he is utterly hated (whether rightly or wrongly is irrelevant) and far more so than any local dem in those areas, and Im not talking about bright red but soft red areas. He used to be an advantage to the Dems now he is a massive hindrance.

If PTP goes down, I would think at this stage it is far more likely a new party formed around the Isaan and Northern power brokers will come to power than the Dems although to my mind PTP looks strong for a long time yet

It's very possible Thaksin may not be able to ride the tiger he created and nurtured. Signs of "Red" power not coming down in villages across the north as have other campaign billboards. A divide has been created and widened with unknown consequences. The irony is that Thaksin talks of reconciliation at all.

Hammered, the reasons for this hate in the villages are completely unjust. That besides, any other leader of the opposition who presents a viable threat to PT/UDD/Thaksin is also likely to become the victim of a very well-coordinated bullying and hate campaign, and therefore also result in being a magnet to such hate.

Frankly, I find it very reassuring he chooses to take a stand now and lot let his career be victimised by these scumbag tactics. Throwing the towel in will simply set a precedent that intimidation prevails.

Those feelings are just in the eyes of those who hold them, just as they are unjust in your eyes.

What amazes me is how quiet the PRO Taksin supporters have been

But now i see a good 50/50 ratio back on the forums...

im wondering just how many have switched sides with the winning party, just because they won... lol

Perhaps the PT supporters, or rather the people who voted for change, are comfortable to let the sore democrats wander around on the forum with their foot still firmly planted in their gobs.

Perhaps the PT supporters are not really the gloating type, but prefer to wait and see how the new government performs,.

What the continual no debate moaners appear to have missed, is the fact that Yingluck did not need to debate Abhisit,.......her party won

Mmmh ... 'PT supporters, or rather people who voted ... let ... wander around on forum'

Personally I think about 98% of forum members maybe non-eligible to vote in Thailand and are just interested (for various reasons) in what happens in Thailand.

As for the debate, true Ms. Yingluck didn't need to. Mind you, still wondering how she may stand up in parliament?

let's face it all the pontificating posters on here (99% supporting Dems) got it wrong 100% - I have met so many farangs who moan and groan about the result but we are not Thai and the Thais have spoken - it should be accepted

let's face it all the pontificating posters on here (99% supporting Dems) got it wrong 100% - I have met so many farangs who moan and groan about the result but we are not Thai and the Thais have spoken - it should be accepted

Yep. That's exactly what happens in the countries that we come from. A party gets elected and then everyone stops criticising them. :whistling: