Restaurant In South Of Phuket

petercallen

Step next door to Salaloy.

+1

I can tell about one there is not so good, i went to the new Bon Jour bakery on Rawai beach, got a baguette with 7/11 ham and plastic cheese, the baguette was not to bad but the inside :bah: i dont think he will last long if this continue

If you feel like a Mexican meal, Los Amegos on the road to Nai Harn beach just before the lake is very good and reasonably priced. They can also cook a few Thai dishes if your wife doesn't like Mexican food. Great Margaritas too.

Hat Rawai Seafood. At the other end of the beach from Nikita's.

seconded for view and seafood. their shrimps in tomato and garlic french style is hard to beat

After Beach bar, fantastic view from the mountain south of Kata, slow kitchen but good food both Thai and farang, some ladyboy staff might scare some off, and dont try to say Gordon Bleau, when you want a Gordon Blue :D

Kata Mama at south end of beach, parking for only 3-4 cars, you r on the beach, food ok but not fantastic, Thai food farang non spicy style

Thanks for your replies, i am not a gourmet in any way, i just like edible food

We will give the restaurants recommended a try

PC give Kates a try, on the way to Yanui Beach from the Rawai Orbortor building go straight at the curve and it's only ten meters up on the left.

Excellent Penang and a pretty good Chicken Parmesan.

Probably doesn't fit your "view" requirement but the food is good.

As nikitas has been there forever,and you say you used them before,have you talked to either nicky or Tony. Let them know that the food has taken a turn for the worst.

I have found complaining about the quality of the food in restaurants here does no good this includes Nikitas

Its up to the owners to keep the food quality good themselves if they want to keep there customers

As nikitas has been there forever,and you say you used them before,have you talked to either nicky or Tony. Let them know that the food has taken a turn for the worst.

I have found complaining about the quality of the food in restaurants here does no good this includes Nikitas

Its up to the owners to keep the food quality good themselves if they want to keep there customers

I eat at Nikita's two or three times a week , since they got there new kitchen i find the food very good .

Where else can i go at lunch time and get a wood fired pizza or a very good burger.

I eat at Nikita's two or three times a week , since they got there new kitchen i find the food very good .

Where else can i go at lunch time and get a wood fired pizza or a very good burger.

I tried there pizza for the first time this week since i was not happy with there other food, toppings of olives tomato and anchovies

A few olive rings on top, 2 small pieces of anchovy and no tomato

I have tried there burgers and think they are very average and had better elsewhere

Maybe the owners should check with there customers to see if they are happy with the food, i have never seen it happen

I tried there pizza for the first time this week since i was not happy with there other food, toppings of olives tomato and anchovies

I have tried there burgers and think they are very average and had better elsewhere

Maybe the owners should check with there customers to see if they are happy with the food, i have never seen it happen

Maybe you should try pizza hut , the toppings are very thick and heavy and strangly enough to some peoples liking.

A wood fired pizza is a diffident story , you would not see anchovy's on most wood fired pizza's as they usualy use anchovy paste , the tomato is the base under the cheese and must be there for it to be a pizza , i have had many of Nikitas special pizza with anchovy and i can always taste it.As a wood fired pizza lover i would recommend Nikita's , Davinci, M&M's wood fired pizza's , all are different and all are very good.

Nikita's seems to be by far the most popular place on Rawai beach , i for one love the location and the food.

Have you joined the grumpy old mens club yet.

Maybe you should try pizza hut , the toppings are very thick and heavy and strangly enough to some peoples liking.

A wood fired pizza is a diffident story , you would not see anchovy's on most wood fired pizza's as they usualy use anchovy paste , the tomato is the base under the cheese and must be there for it to be a pizza , i have had many of Nikitas special pizza with anchovy and i can always taste it.As a wood fired pizza lover i would recommend Nikita's , Davinci, M&M's wood fired pizza's , all are different and all are very good.

Nikita's seems to be by far the most popular place on Rawai beach , i for one love the location and the food.

When tomato is listed as a topping its not the paste underneath

When tomato is listed as a topping its not the paste underneath

Peter i took the liberty of going to Nikita's last night to tell the owners of your complaint.

I was right about the anchovy it is in a paste form , so the two anchovy you saw on the pizza was a big surprise to the owners , also we where all confused to what pizza you ordered that had a tomato topping ? would you like to tell me the exact name of the pizza you ordered so we can get to the bottom of this story .

I hate to see one of my favorite places being trashed by someone who has never been there.

May i also recommend some more great locations to eat near chalong , Kaneng 1 and 2 have great food, i here Jimmys light house is not bad , fattys is great value , home pro has a few nice places and on on par with Nikitas prices . if this is behond your budget you could always stop at the side of the road and eat fried chicken .

Peter i took the liberty of going to Nikita's last night to tell the owners of your complaint.

I was right about the anchovy it is in a paste form , so the two anchovy you saw on the pizza was a big surprise to the owners , also we where all confused to what pizza you ordered that had a tomato topping ? would you like to tell me the exact name of the pizza you ordered so we can get to the bottom of this story .

I hate to see one of my favorite places being trashed by someone who has never been there .

May i also recommend some more great locations to eat near chalong , Kaneng 1 and 2 have great food, i here Jimmys light house is not bad , fattys is great value , home pro has a few nice places and on on par with Nikitas prices . if this is behond your budget you could always stop at the side of the road and eat fried chicken .

Pizza Napoli

Where have there customers gone, they were mostly expats when we go there in the afternoon

Plenty of parking there lately, it used to be hard to find a spot a month ago

I can assure you Nikitas is well within my budget, maybe its expensive for you

Peter, if you want to venture out of Rawai try Dasandro, they open at 5.30. They have lots of variety including pasta with chillie (which your missus might enjoy) plus some good blackboard specials including roasts & fish. Just opposite the entrance to Land & House on Chao Fa east. As someone else mentioned Fatty's is nearby & has good western & Thai food.

Peter, if you want to venture out of Rawai try Dasandro, they open at 5.30. They have lots of variety including pasta with chillie (which your missus might enjoy) plus some good blackboard specials including roasts & fish. Just opposite the entrance to Land & House on Chao Fa east. As someone else mentioned Fatty's is nearby & has good western & Thai food.

Thanks Val, We usually eat out twice a week in the mid to late afternoon and are looking for a place

with a pleasant outlook and decent food both western and Thai

I like Friendship Beach resort but Mrs PCA says the food is to expensive and will not order food there

When i point out when we travel on holidays the same type of food is a lot more expensive her answer

is, this is Thailand, How can you win

Thanks Val, We usually eat out twice a week in the mid to late afternoon and are looking for a place

I like Friendship Beach resort but Mrs PCA says the food is to expensive and will not order food there

When i point out when we travel on holidays the same type of food is a lot more expensive her answer

Have sent you a PM with a suggestion (because of a link). The place doesn't offer much in the way of western food, but I recommend it for good Thai seafood in a pleasant location, and with more than reasonable prices.

I too like Friendship & the outlook is nice but the last couple of times there the service sucked & yes it is a little expensive. Have you tried Lighthouse, great outlook, but I have not been there for ages so cannot comment on quality, pricing etc. I think there is also a new place just opened up by the pier.

I too like Friendship & the outlook is nice but the last couple of times there the service sucked & yes it is a little expensive. Have you tried Lighthouse, great outlook, but I have not been there for ages so cannot comment on quality, pricing etc. I think there is also a new place just opened up by the pier.

Lighthouse menu has gone way downhill these past couple of years. Used to be a great choice when Jimmy ran it but the menu was revamped and much reduced in variety with the new management. Quality acceptable, service Ok, on the pricey side for basic pub grub. I still go as it has a great view of all the boats at anchor.

Lighthouse menu has gone way downhill these past couple of years. Used to be a great choice when Jimmy ran it but the menu was revamped and much reduced in variety with the new management. Quality acceptable, service Ok, on the pricey side for basic pub grub. I still go as it has a great view of all the boats at anchor.

LIK if you like that view you might try the Tamarind Bar which is just down the way from The Lighthouse.

I like to pull up there for sunset cocktails after work and see people eating what looks to be some pretty good food. I asked a guy once and of course he said "the food here's great" but what else would you say when you are sitting there with a plate having just arrived.......("no the food here is terrible and I'm an idiot?"). Anyway, FYI.

LIK if you like that view you might try the Tamarind Bar which is just down the way from The Lighthouse.

I like to pull up there for sunset cocktails after work and see people eating what looks to be some pretty good food. I asked a guy once and of course he said "the food here's great" but what else would you say when you are sitting there with a plate having just arrived.......("no the food here is terrible and I'm an idiot?"). Anyway, FYI.

Not been to Chalong for over 12 months, but Tamarind has always been superb.

I recommend it whole heartedly.

Not been to Chalong for over 12 months, but Tamarind has always been superb.

I recommend it whole heartedly.

We have eaten there a few times when we lived in Chalong, view and service is good and the foods OK

I prefer the Rawai area a lot less traffic and usually plenty of parking