Motorcycle Parking Along Pattaya Beach Road

ThaiStudMuffin

If you try to park your motorcycle in a spot and someone approaches you and says you cannot park there, just ignore them. It is a public street and I will park along any place that I see is legal for motorcycle parking. When I park, I take a picture of the person telling me I cannot park there along with my motorcycle. These people try to hog all the parking spots for their FOR RENT bikes.

People here seem to be accustomed to commandeering public streets as their own person parking space.

Our shop is on a main street (no parking in front) but there is a side street a few yards down, where we always park. New shop owners moved into the corner unit and have now decided the entire side street next to the side of their shop is now "theirs" even put blockades and signs up saying it's "their parking". I still continue to park there despite getting the evil eye every time, it's a public street for f***sake.

Actually in this bizarre land some streets are actually owned privately. I never let that get in the way though. I love pushing the chairs,etc. out of my way and watching the faces of the locals as I do. Kinda scratches up the bumper a little but well worth it.

Good luck with that studmuffin.

I would advise anyone not to listen to your advise.

Conducting yourself that way, esp in central Pattaya is asking for trouble and soon enough it will find you for sure.

Just find another spot for your bike.

Often the vendor is paying rent and to someone with allot more clout than you.

It really is a dangerous game to play.

But as always up to you.

Your right Kev, I wouldnt conduct myself like that especially on Beach Rd.

I know my wife claims the land up to the soi with our(her) shop front in South Pattaya.(gutter included)

I have looked at the title deeds and the diagram did state the boundry of the property as

being all the way to the Rd.

Go with the flow I guess.

I think my main concern // is not the evil looks

but the scratches to my car when I get back.

I agree.

A guy of my condo used to park in these "private areas" on Beach Road,

until one day when he found his bike seat cut/open on all its length... :(

Don't outwit with them; go find a place a little further.

There is always loads of parking places on Beach Road at the weekend. That's because the Police enforce the law which states that Motorbikes for Rent aren't allowed to park there at the weekend. 555

Oh, and if you think to get the BiB involved in your dispute with the parking-lot-claimers (e.g. motorbike-taxi-drivers): Most of the motorbike-taxi-licenses are rented out by coppers!

Something general about parking: do not park your bike (or car) along a yellow-white or red-white marked side-walk; even if a few meters down the road there's a motorbike-taxi-stand along a red-white marked side-walk.

Nobody is really bothered about you parking there. Only at the end of any month, your vehicle may be impounded.

try parking in the area just up from the Blues Factory, I used to park my bike in there a few years ago in the hotel carpark for 20baht which I didn't mind paying, went the last week to stop for 10mins and the guy wanted 100baht, then went round the corner in front of a bar and was asked for the same, I just laughed at him and muttered falang stupid you make joke, what is going on in this town

Conducting yourself that way, esp in central Pattaya is asking for trouble and soon enough it will find you for sure.

But as always up to you.

+1. Been there, done that. You park where "they" let you. Mafia rules.

Thais are unable to function in any capacity in Pattaya (and in some other places) unless it's some sort of mob rule. It's pathetic, but you run the risk of having your bike messed up or worse, one of them just smashing a bottle over your head over something so stupid. It's really not worth the hassle of even having to talk to those scum bags, just park elsewhere. I avoid some shops totally because they can not control their own parking. Apparently food carts, bikes for rent, and empty chairs take priority.

Park elsewhere. Avoid the dirt bags. Problem solved.

It's still a hassle to fix the flat tire(s) when you get back.

Indeed, was with a mate a few years back up in Naklua, he parked out front of some non descript shophouse in a side soi and the owner came out ranting, we just walked off, came back 2 hours later and his pickup had 5 flat tyres (yes they stabbed the spare as well) !!!!!

It's still a hassle to fix the flat tire(s) when you get back.

Indeed, was with a mate a few years back up in Naklua, he parked out front of some non descript shophouse in a side soi and the owner came out ranting, we just walked off, came back 2 hours later and his pickup had 5 flat tyres (yes they stabbed the spare as well) !!!!!

aww.... what did ya mate do? go for night missions? like throw bricks at their window or graffiti the shiz up???

or... wear like a balacuva and storm the shop up and redecorate the place? lol...

Thais are unable to function in any capacity in Pattaya (and in some other places) unless it's some sort of mob rule. It's pathetic, but you run the risk of having your bike messed up or worse, one of them just smashing a bottle over your head over something so stupid. It's really not worth the hassle of even having to talk to those scum bags, just park elsewhere. I avoid some shops totally because they can not control their own parking. Apparently food carts, bikes for rent, and empty chairs take priority.

I'm curious when those stupid morons who put empty chairs on public parking spaces gonna understand that if a customer can't park close to a shop they will drive on to the next shop.In fact they are killing their own business.

I'm curious when those stupid morons who put empty chairs on public parking spaces gonna understand that if a customer can't park close to a shop they will drive on to the next shop.In fact they are killing their own business.

what people need to understand about beach road and 2nd road parking is majority of the places where there is aggro from the shopkeepers is cos they have nothing else to do....if their shop was busy then they'd be in there serving or counting the money, what I found about the place is there are a lot of miserable people with miserable existances who are there on a daily basis with absolutely no break from it at all....so what better way than to put nails in some farangs pick up tyre or worse...self satisfication I suppose just inflicting a bit of hardship on a total stranger!

Most people in Pattaya are there on their own or very small groups, same as the jet ski wrong uns....they pick their targets carefully :whistling:

reason for edit: I gave some scumbags a bit too much credit and used wisely instead of carefully...cheers

Edited by norrona

But as always up to you.

Seconded. Really bad advice.

The OP's advice is an invitation for trouble. Take your pick:

1. Physical confrontation.

2. Damage to bike - if you're lucky only key scratches, but could be much worse.

3. Tyres let down or slashed.

4. Disappearance of bike.

.. and there is nothing the OP can do about it. His photo taking venture is just a waste of time and more likely to guarantee the possibilities 1 - 4. No one at the police station would be remotely interested in his dumb photos of a vendor with no proof of anything.

My advice:

Kindly ask a vendor if it is ok to park. If not then just move on and find a safe park elsewhere.

Pushing your way around in Pattaya is really stupid.

Edited by tropo

"If you try to park your motorcycle in a spot and someone approaches you and says you cannot park there, just ignore them. It is a public street and I will park along any place that I see is legal for motorcycle parking. When I park, I take a picture of the person telling me I cannot park there along with my motorcycle. These people try to hog all the parking spots for their FOR RENT bikes."

Whoa... you got a lot to learn, krap.

B)

i would go with th edont argue way, if motor bike taxi guys sat about i politly ask is it ok to leave here, usually a smile and a yes, arse licking what ever they see it as respect, i just dont want the hassle, if they say no would just say ok and move it.

They will never learn.

I will go out of my way to go to a shop / restaurant with good parking, simply because I don't want the hassle of some dirt bag or a scamming policeman trying to do something to my bike or worse. It's not worth the hassle and there is no shortage of places around town who are smart enough to create parking for their customers.

A guy was warned NOT to park in a certain area. He paid no attention to the warning. He left the bike and when he came back the bike was gone. He finally reported it stolen. The next day he received a phone call from the police. He was instructed to go to a police impound lot to pick up his bike. Naturally he had to pay to get his bike back.

His lesson was fairly painless and more of an aggravation. He DID learn his lesson.

ADDED - He did learn that the bike had been moved to a genuine no parking area. The police just grinned when the guy said he had NOT parked it there.

Edited by Gary A