Whera To Stay In Rawai

bikkalad

Hi All, will be in Phuket on the 3rd Aug and am after somewhere to stay in Rawai for a few days or more,as will will be venturing elsewhere around.....willing to spend 1000 baht for accomo a day and want to be near within walking distance to most things ie:beach/food/bars etc your thoughts on this would help me alot........cheers

August is the middle of the l,ow season and you will be able to find plenty of accommodation

close to the beach, restaurants and bars in your price range

I suggest you just turn up and book for one or two nights have a look around and you will

find exactly what you want

like you say low season many available........probably same as Aonang when i go there.......not long now 3 weeks tommorow.........cant wait too have those Chang a flowing :)

There's a place on Rawai Beach, it used to be called AJ's but now a couple has bought it, but they have bungalows in the back on the cheap-cheap, 300 a night I think. There you are in walking distance of a lot. Seafood restaurants on the beach, Laguna bars, other direction Roxanne bar and the now famous curry shack.

Problem being, I don't know the contact or name of the place (now), I'll try for you this weekend and pm it to ya. Cheers, GOM

Thats sounds like a bargain ;) the cheapest i ever paid was 50baht..... but that was 1990 on the west coast of Koh Phangan,cant remember the name .......small wood huts with huge round boulders around them, basically on the waters edge, owners restaurant in the surrounds.............knee deep in shallow aqua coloured warm water..... a stones throw away..............anyway enough of that gotta go to the fridge and grab a beer......21 days count down till my feet are on Thai Terrafirma.....

The beach in Rawai is not the kind of beach to go swimming at. It's shallow and rocky. Although this time of the year swimming can be rather dangerous at the beaches that are good. There have been numerous drownings in Phuket this year... Nai Harn is a very nice beach, but you'll need a motorbike to get there from Rawai. You might want to look on Google earth and get a virtual tour of the area. You can also check out where accommodations are... I would probably stay at Ao Sane if I didn't have a house in Rawai, but you can't walk to much of anywhere from there. I think it's 500 Baht a night. As Peter said, just come and find somewhere for a night and take a look around and find a place you like...

If I was you I would stay on Rawai Beach road you are then within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and bars. There are plenty of places on the beach road for 500 baht upwards. During the day it's fairly easy to get to Nai Harn beach, Yu Nui beach and others. Rawai also is the place to get longtail boats out to the other islands such as Coral, Bon etc. If you have rainy day there a good choice of restuarants for lunch or even get a local bus into Phuket Town etc.

I'm not a fan of having to drive or get a taxi at night especially if I plan to drink, stay on Rawai Beach road and you won't have to, just walk out. Also if it suddenly rains heavily (which at some point it will) all you have to is walk back.

Enjoy your stay.

There's a place on Rawai Beach, it used to be called AJ's but now a couple has bought it, but they have bungalows in the back on the cheap-cheap, 300 a night I think. There you are in walking distance of a lot. Seafood restaurants on the beach, Laguna bars, other direction Roxanne bar and the now famous curry shack.

Problem being, I don't know the contact or name of the place (now), I'll try for you this weekend and pm it to ya. Cheers, GOM

It's now called d&B bungalows and is 500 a night (might be able to get cheaper)There is no contact number outside though

Not necessarily the cheapest of the cheap, but you certainly get what you pay for here! Good villas and good service

Crikey! These are 30,000thb+ monthly rental villas, the OP needs a bungalow for a few days maybe a week.

Has anyone mentioned those Shrek apartments? Not the nicest looking building but that would be a great location for the OP. Almost across from my favorite sauna, walking distance to Rawai Beach and Nai Harn Beach, lots of restaurants and bars nearby.

Not necessarily the cheapest of the cheap, but you certainly get what you pay for here! Good villas and good service

Crikey! These are 30,000thb+ monthly rental villas, the OP needs a bungalow for a few days maybe a week.

Has anyone mentioned those Shrek apartments? Not the nicest looking building but that would be a great location for the OP. Almost across from my favorite sauna, walking distance to Rawai Beach and Nai Harn Beach, lots of restaurants and bars nearby.

Yes, but only 20K in the low season. HHH!

A little bit off topic. Had an opportunity to buy a Rawai guesthouse last month. The owner was quite open about bookings history. Totally full in Dec/Jan/Feb. Between 20 - 50 percent the other 8 months. Couldn't see making any money, so passed. I see a very large Thai owned hotel is being built at the junction near the Sea Gypsy Village. Pie in the sky.

Even though living here for 7 years, I am a Rawai novice. Besides retiree's and high end rental villa's, what are the tourist arrivals like in Rawai? Are more people choosing Rawai vs. West Coast beaches? I am guessing that it's a younger crowd on a budget.

The price was per week... It's right down the road from my house. Crazy.

A little bit off topic. Had an opportunity to buy a Rawai guesthouse last month. The owner was quite open about bookings history. Totally full in Dec/Jan/Feb. Between 20 - 50 percent the other 8 months. Couldn't see making any money, so passed. I see a very large Thai owned hotel is being built at the junction near the Sea Gypsy Village. Pie in the sky.

Even though living here for 7 years, I am a Rawai novice. Besides retiree's and high end rental villa's, what are the tourist arrivals like in Rawai? Are more people choosing Rawai vs. West Coast beaches? I am guessing that it's a younger crowd on a budget.

No wonder you could not see any money, you're missing out on a whole month!

There is also the big place opposite(used to be the sauna spa,gym place) Nancy Bar, Roxanne Bar ect.You can get a large room there for about 500.Jenny of Jennies bar is running it.

Funny I stopped to get a a curry the other day and walked up to that spa building. It's already going to <deleted> and the only thing I saw was two local guys sitting on their <deleted> in front of the building. So it's a hotel/motel now huh? Someone sure lost a lot of money in that place. I wonder if their gym equipment is still there or if it walked away in the middle of the night.

In regards to another poster asking about the demographics of Rawai tourists, I do see a lot of Russians about as well as the punters that come for Muay Thai.

There is also the big place opposite(used to be the sauna spa,gym place) Nancy Bar, Roxanne Bar ect.You can get a large room there for about 500.Jenny of Jennies bar is running it.

Do you guys remember when they finished that place and lined the road with phallic statues? Then they put these flower like rings on them, hilarious !

I've never heard of anyone staying there.

Do you guys remember when they finished that place and lined the road with phallic statues? Then they put these flower like rings on them, hilarious !

I've never heard of anyone staying there.

I have a couple of mates who stay there sometimes when they are too p---ed to get home.I will ask them what it's like.

there are not a lot of tourists here nothing like Patong or Karon/ Kata

From what i have seen a lot of the tourists are visiting friends who live here, regularly see tourists eating out with expats

Definitely not the younger crowd , they go to Patong

No wonder you could not see any money, you're missing out on a whole month!

So true. Senior moment!