Boat Restuarant - Sukamvit

William Osborne

Don't know if many people know of this place but it seems pretty popular in general... located across the road from Tesco Lotus Sukumvit, maybe 200 m past... anyway, i have been refused beer on two occasions in last couple years between the '2-5pm no beer' law, thus i have avoided going there anytime before 7 in the evening, (I would avoid altogether only the wife likes it)

Went there again last sunday evening and they had a sign saying they were not selling beer so i left.... what is the story with this place, i thought the 2-5 pm BS law was only for supermarkets and not restaurants but these guys seem to enforce it and i thought the 'election curfew' lifted sunday evening ( i bought beer in the 7-11 about an hour later).

Anyway, won't be going back there ever again but really can't understand their way of thinking.. maybe they just don't like farangs :blink:

Surely last Sunday was an election closure?

What kind of a no-lifer would go voting at 20.30 on a Sunday evening :blink: ok, even with the elections, they still don't serve beer between certain times of the day.. this is the only restaurant in Thailand where i have experienced this :huh:

What kind of a no-lifer would go voting at 20.30 on a Sunday evening :blink: ok, even with the elections, they still don't serve beer between certain times of the day.. this is the only restaurant in Thailand where i have experienced this :huh:

what's hard to understand here? law states no alcohol sales between 2pm-5pm. and certain occasions such as elections. are you made because they didn't break a simple law?

............ 7/11 comply to the alcohol laws strictly ........

They certainly do for the election and Buddha day closures. The one I use doesnt seem to bother much about the daily afternoon closure, or maybe it's because I'm having a nap then and never see it?

What kind of a no-lifer would go voting at 20.30 on a Sunday evening ?

I think the reason for this is to prevent alcohol-related violence in the period around the voting/counting times, not just during the voting times.

I know that place very well, and used to go there a lot. Never had any

issues with beer. But two weeks ago got really really sick after eating

there, some serious crap, knocked me out for two days, puking and ...

I think I'll be avoiding that place from now on.

Cheers,

rudi

what's hard to understand here? law states no alcohol sales between 2pm-5pm. and certain occasions such as elections. are you made because they didn't break a simple law?

You see ,after voting ,comes counting Logic?.All elections =No alcohol. You ,I am sorry to have to say need to get off your high horse and offer the restaurant an apology. They were simply obeying the law. No too difficult to understand?.