Round Trip Ticket For Non O Immigration Visa

Hi, all - I have a rather naive question that I just can't seem to find the answer to, even though I tried to do numerous searches through this forum for the answer for.

I plan to move to LOS for a year and plan to get a multi entry non-immigrant visa here in the USA from the Thai consulate.

Now can someone explain the flight ticket for round trip - since you need a return ticket, or don't you on this type of visa?

While searching for flights with a year later return seems impossible?!?!

Thanks for your wisdom.

Edited by jupiter7

For airline considerations, if you have a visa you do not need a return ticket. Some consulates may require one to issue the visa though.

Thank you very much. I'll discuss this with the Thai consulate here in Los Angeles. My departure isn't until next year, but that question has always baffled me.

...While searching for flights with a year later return seems impossible?!?!

Yes, it is impossible to book a flight for a year later. 360 days from today is the most that airline reservation systems accept; some airlines allow even less, eg 340 days.

Now my other questions are:

1. Do you need a non O immigration visa to open a Thai bank account?

2. Do you need a non O immigration visa to apply for a work permit - I would like to teach English, but intend to get my TEFL or TESL in Thailand?

3. Do you need a non O immigration visa to do the above or can I do it on a tourist visa - which in turn would lead me back to the initial question of the post on roundtrip ticket?

I'm not married to a Thai.

get a multi entry non-immigrant visa

You have checked on the requirements and can meet them? You did not mention on what basis you would qualify for non immigrant visa. As said airline is not a problem with any visa entry.

get a multi entry non-immigrant visa

You have checked on the requirements and can meet them? You did not mention on what basis you would qualify for non immigrant visa. As said airline is not a problem with any visa entry.

I guess, I don't meet the requirements for a non O. So which visa would best suit my needs as mentioned in the above post. I don't mind having to do visa runs.

Thanks

Now my other questions are:

1. Do you need a non O immigration visa to open a Thai bank account?

2. Do you need a non O immigration visa to apply for a work permit - I would like to teach English, but intend to get my TEFL or TESL in Thailand?

3. Do you need a non O immigration visa to do the above or can I do it on a tourist visa - which in turn would lead me back to the initial question of the post on roundtrip ticket?

I'm not married to a Thai.

1. No

2. No, you can apply for a work permit on a Tourist Visa, but will not receive it unless you have a Non-immgrant "B" in your case.

3. You could enter on a Tourist Visa, and look for employment. With proper documents from your employer, you can apply for the permit and then go to a neighboring country to apply for the Non-imm "B".

Perhaps you should consider applying for a double entry Tourist Visa, each entry is valid for a stay of 60 days and each can be extended for 30 days for a fee of 1900 Baht.

Edited by beechguy

You may be able to obtain up to 3 entry tourist visa from an honorary consulate like Portland and with extensions that could provide up to 9 months stay before you would have to obtain a new visa entry. If you find work you can always exit to obtain a non immigrant B visa.

Thank you all for your responses. Now you're going to think I'm crazy, but ... on multiple entry tourist visa or a double entry Tourist Visa I will NOT need a return flight plane ticket that is dated for a specific date.

From the Honorary Consulate Portland's website:

Proof of confirmed onward ticket is required, except for U.S. citizens applying for a Tourist

visa.

Three entry Tourist Visa available by mail.

Website is pretty much complete with directions, including phone number and email address to chat out the details.

http://www.thai-or.com/