Female Looking For Someone To Share A House With

emmjay

I'm a teacher in Chiang Mai and will be here until next March- I want to get a house to rent because I want a kitchen and more space than an apartment can offer.

I'm 22 and from New Zealand and very easy to live with. Please let me know if you're a similar age and are wanting to share a house, or if you know of anyone who does! :)

Maybe you haven't looked around at any houses yet? You can get your own house with a big kitchen and garden, etc. for only 5,000 THB. Surely that must be within your budget??

I wouldn't be looking for a stranger-roommate anywhere in Thailand...too many weirdos here. :unsure:

I know some women who have beautiful homes and accept short-term roommates, allowing them to use the kitchen. However, they are all over age 50. The OP needs to get over her ageism if she wants to live with another woman here in CM.

I don't think our young lady is being ageist, more than she might be looking for a friend up to similar things. I can hardly imagine a 50 yr old lady here who'd be pleased-as-punch to be sharing a house with a 20-something year old. If you know the person already and your speeds match, that's different, but overall, different lifestyles, let's face it. (I know I generalize.)

I don't find many houses in the 5k Baht category these days (7-10K for yard(s), kitchen, space) unless you go OUT of town. Talking 10 kilometers out. That can be a 20-40 min ride, and a bit of a commute for a newbie, esp. if not prepared to handle her own transportation - ie a moto.

My advice is to hang out around Zoe in Yellow on a quieter night, Irish UN Pub on quiz night, or Cafe Del Sol most any night and get to know some of the local girls in town. If something's available they'll know. Meet a few good people and they'll lead to several others. It takes awhile perhaps, but most people advise newcomers to take a room at a guesthouse or longstay residence for a month in the beginning anyway, so you don't jump into some kind of screwy negotiation that you later regret.

I have a few lady friends who peruse TV but post very little, I have a feeling some of them may even pm you rather than post in the open. You'll be fine. Good luck, and welcome to town !

Well, the over-50 ladies I know who share their homes with younger roommates are doing it because they want to help out a young woman who may be in town for less than a year to study, work for an NGO, etc. They also welcome a bit of extra money to help with their expenses. They aren't doing it because they want to go out and party with young people. Just because you're roommates doesn't mean that you're going to do activities together and become inseperable friends.

That ad looks awesome, I might take a look and potentially try to find a housemate later. Thanks realthaideal for the advice, very helpful. Nothing against people who are older at all, most of my friends here are a lot older than me. I just want to find some people here who are younger (in their 20's) as well who want to get up to the same things.

hi,

im teaching Japanese in chiang mai now. i am 24years old.

im also looking for a roommate,i really want to have a kitchen in my house!

until next month i will stay at the apartment where i am staying now. so even if everything works well,i cannot move until then.

if you are still looking for someone to share a house,then let me know.

im from Japan so my english is not perfect. but i can communicate in english.(I hope)

Hope to hear from you!

hi,

im teaching Japanese in chiang mai now. i am 24years old.

im also looking for a roommate,i really want to have a kitchen in my house!

until next month i will stay at the apartment where i am staying now. so even if everything works well,i cannot move until then.

if you are still looking for someone to share a house,then let me know.

im from Japan so my english is not perfect. but i can communicate in english.(I hope)

Hope to hear from you!

I have a very nice house to rent towards Doi Saket ( 7 klm from Carrefour ) .2 bedroom ,and a beautiful Western kitchen .Has satellite tv included ,but must pay for 9 mb internet .( B900 extra ) .The moo baan has a swimming pool .Rent B8,000 a month .House has 3 A/Cs .PM me if interested .

I'm in my mid 50s, but because I'm a nice guy, willing to make a great sacrifice and share a house with a younger woman.

I am a bit older and am excited at the thought. :D

PS. God luck OP.

Keep your shirt on, she is looking for a place in CM. :D

I live in a 2 story house with 3 bedrooms, but its small bedroom, however the house is big with a garden and a parking space in a compound (in Nong Hoi). AC, Kitchen, caple TV and internet. Am 25 I live alone with my dog.

if you are intrested to see the house let me know.

Maybe you haven't looked around at any houses yet? You can get your own house with a big kitchen and garden, etc. for only 5,000 THB. Surely that must be within your budget??

I wouldn't be looking for a stranger-roommate anywhere in Thailand...too many weirdos here. :unsure:

aye strangeo lots of people looking for roommateses here dont trust their left hand sure

the cats full of bookies like them hahahahaha

Is this a Google translation?

I already asked him that in another thread and he responded by saying "i speak just like your man sure clean words you should listen dont like googlerering like angling grand cheers"

:cheesy:

hahaha entertaining and fun is good and member maybe know but forum admins who knows may think just ethnic dude sure

really am knee high in muddy water but have big trout can find easy everywhere sure

(See, how difficult is that. ;) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai