UK: Rupert Murdoch foam cake attacker charged, released on bail

News_Editor

UK: Rupert Murdoch attacker charges, released on bail

2011-07-20 15:57:30 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- A protester who attempted to throw a paper plate of shaving foam into the face of News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch has been released on bail, Scotland Yard said on Wednesday morning.

The incident happened on Tuesday afternoon as Murdoch testified to the Culture Select Committee at the Palace of Westminster in London over hacking allegations against the now-defunct News of the World.

Jonathan May-Bowles, 26, was among a small group of people who were allowed to view the hearing in person when he suddenly approached Murdoch and attempted to throw shaving foam in his face. Murdoch, who got some foam on his clothing, was not injured.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson said on Wednesday that Bowles has been charged with an offense under Section 5 of the Public Order Act for behavior causing harassment, alarm or distress in a public place. "He has been bailed to appear at City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday 29 July," the spokesperson said.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-07-20

Left out the best part of the story - the reason he missed was the left cross from Wendi Deng that stopped him and the fact she was able to put the pie right back in his own face. Beat down by a middle age Chinese women - what a moron. They should let him go as the humiliation in his fail should be lesson enough.:lol:

has been charged with an offense under Section 5 of the Public Order Act for behavior causing harassment, alarm or distress in a public place.

I will say that watching Stephenson and Yates stutter and sputter was a lot of laughs. The fidgeting, defensive body language and pomposity were fascinating. If anyone was causing distress in a public place it was them.

It is also sort of amazing that while the British police are attempting to deal with more news and resignations related to their widespread incompetence, bribery charges and general corruption that they can't even manage to maintain a degree of safety for someone testifying to a parliamentary committee.

Oh well, T.I. UK.

Edited by Suradit

despite what all the press say it was a right open handed slap that caught the flan flinger

murdoch missed his chance

as soon as i saw it happen i thought, heres opportnity knocking

i would have said to the committee

its clear that i could have been killed in this attack by this madman and right under the eyes of armed police in the house of commons

supposedly one of the most secure places in the world

i would say that a mistake has happened here and mistakes can happen even in the most stringently monitored environments

we have seen that here today

ladies and gentlemen, thats what happened at the the NOTW

mistakes happen, i rest my case............

Boy, do I agree. The whole thing is silly. It is obvious to anyone with half a mind that both Murdoch's knew what was going on. You don't hack into a Royals phone without the boss knowing about it. When was the story first reported? 6 years ago. No one is that asleep at the wheel and a million pound bribe is still a million pounds. Too big to sweep past an auditor even in a big company.

Murdoch, the police and the parliament must think the average Brit is a real dummy.

I like Rupert's wife Wendy. He should pretend stroke and his kid suddenly take a long charitable trip to help aborigines and let Wendy run the company.