Jesters Care 4 Kids

aussiechick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume this is all going to be called off now? Still bucketing down and the driving range will be flooded, plus could be tricky to even get there?

Unfortunately you are probably right. I've been to everyone since it started and they were always lucky with the weather, but I guess their luck has run out this year.

I assume this is all going to be called off now? Still bucketing down and the driving range will be flooded, plus could be tricky to even get there?

Unfortunately you are probably right. I've been to everyone since it started and they were always lucky with the weather, but I guess their luck has run out this year.

It's a real shame or the kids who would have been looking forward toit so much.

Not just the kids, a lot of people have put a lot of work into the preparations.

Not just the kids, a lot of people have put a lot of work into the preparations.

So ..... Will anyone take a guess or know what will happen now ? I would assume re-schedule for next Sunday ?

They are grown ups and need to take disappointments on the chin. It's a lot harder for kids to accept.

I was at the fair at about 8:45 to set up my booth and was told by one of the organizers that the fair is off. The area is flooded, cars were stuck in the mud and it is still raining cats and dogs as of writing this post.

However, I learned when having breakfast at Tropical Bert's (at about 10 am) that the fair is ON again. I cannot imagine that this is for real, again, the compound looks like a rice paddy.

On a side note, on the way back I saw cars floating (!) on Soi Khao Noi and a Lamborghini in the ditch on the new highway, near Nongprue exit.

Vast areas of Pattaya are flooded. Stay in and post on thaivisa instead cool.gif

I was at the fair at about 8:45 to set up my booth and was told by one of the organizers that the fair is off. The area is flooded, cars were stuck in the mud and it is still raining cats and dogs as of writing this post.

However, I learned when having breakfast at Tropical Bert's (at about 10 am) that the fair is ON again. I cannot imagine that this is for real, again, the compound looks like a rice paddy.

On a side note, on the way back I saw cars floating (!) on Soi Khao Noi and a Lamborghini in the ditch on the new highway, near Nongprue exit.

Vast areas of Pattaya are flooded. Stay in and post on thaivisa instead cool.gif

Shouldn't bought the B 1.4M Fortuner rather than the B 20M Lambo...only a real wanke_r would buy such a care in Thailand...and floating cars on Kao Noi...never seen that before :o

I was at the fair all day - the book stall was open and trading. The beer tent was doing a great trade all day. The World of Wines was there and selling well. Food was also available.

The kids from the Mercy Centre and Baan Jing Jai entertained all with their dances.

It might have been a wet day but the spirit was alive and well.

BTW it stopped raining at 12:11.

strange, really.

I arrived at 8:45. One board member I met there confirmed that he has been at the organizer's booth just before I met him and they were debating whether they call it off. A minute later,one of the organizers (Farang, black shirt with Jesters logo) came over waving some white rolled-up banners saying "I have the off-flags, you guys can go home, show is cancelled".

Seems like other members of the orga committee decided to go ahead.

Sorry if that caused confusion, I can only report here what I know myself...<_<

This Wednesday Starting around 9pm is the Jesters Care For Kids Charity Concert Bonanza at Leo Blues Bar Pattaya . Pattaya OneOfive FM will be Sponsoring the Party With Free Give Always & 40Baht Roast Pig Buffet with all Proceeds Going to the Jesters Care For Kids Charity. Come witness Some of the Great Talent that Pattaya Has to Offer and Contribute to Our Future Generation at the Same Time:) Hope to See you there!!!

post-55814-0-43828000-1315826649_thumb.j

Too bad the kid's got the worse end of poor management of this Sunday's Fair. Nobody took charge or could make a definite decision as to whether the fair was cancelled , on or re-scheduled. Accordingly, most stayed home and the kids missed out as well as the patrons as probably only 10% showed, the rest not knowing what to do. . After the biggest storm of the year, I would think someone would have the intelligence to arrange to have it re-scheduled for another day or next weekend. Guess not ?%$#!

Just to clear a few things up:

* The fair was NEVER cancelled and we will find out who told you to go home Raro.

* The fairground is set up on the Saturday which takes around 12 hours to do with all the stalls, electrics, stage, sound system etc.

* Jesters Care for Kids have to pay for the set up come rain or shine - we can't afford to pay for the set up again for it to rain again. Therefore the fair unfortunately cannot be re-scheduled.

* We appreciate people were literally unable to make it to the fairground and therefore not many stallholders turned up or fair-goers.

* The underprivileged kids were there from the beginning and had a fantastic time. They were fed, watered, played games, sang and danced.

* The electricity was turned off on the field for safety reasons so stallholders that needed power wouldn't of been able to trade.

With regards to the website. We know it is not working properly but this is due to personnel problems and we are hoping to be up and running very soon. In the meantime our Facebook page is being constantly updated and also had updates on the fair day confirmed no cancellation. http://www.facebook.com/jesterscare.forkids

With regards to management. We are a volunteer committee who put in a lot of time and effort into organising our events. We always try to cover every eventuality but this one beat us.

We have had a lot of support from the local community who understand why we couldn't cancel and why we can't reschedule, and they are donating in different ways. At the end of the day it wasn't successful but we can't dwell on it and are looking forward to our next events on the 14th & 24th September.

Please email through Facebook or vicechairperson at care4kids.info if you have any further comments or would like to support us by attending our other events or donating.

* The fair was NEVER cancelled and we will find out who told you to go home Raro.

* The fairground is set up on the Saturday which takes around 12 hours to do with all the stalls, electrics, stage, sound system etc.

* Jesters Care for Kids have to pay for the set up come rain or shine - we can't afford to pay for the set up again for it to rain again. Therefore the fair unfortunately cannot be re-scheduled.

* We appreciate people were literally unable to make it to the fairground and therefore not many stallholders turned up or fair-goers.

* The underprivileged kids were there from the beginning and had a fantastic time. They were fed, watered, played games, sang and danced.

* The electricity was turned off on the field for safety reasons so stallholders that needed power wouldn't of been able to trade.

With regards to the website. We know it is not working properly but this is due to personnel problems and we are hoping to be up and running very soon. In the meantime our Facebook page is being constantly updated and also had updates on the fair day confirmed no cancellation. http://www.facebook....erscare.forkids

With regards to management. We are a volunteer committee who put in a lot of time and effort into organising our events. We always try to cover every eventuality but this one beat us.

We have had a lot of support from the local community who understand why we couldn't cancel and why we can't reschedule, and they are donating in different ways. At the end of the day it wasn't successful but we can't dwell on it and are looking forward to our next events on the 14th & 24th September.

Please email through Facebook or vicechairperson at care4kids.info if you have any further comments or would like to support us by attending our other events or donating.

Granted being a volunteer committee with limited resources. I still have to agree with other posters that this was handled poorly.

This tread has been running for close to 2 months, with information about the fair. Why not have someone update the tread?

You mention Facebook, not everyone has an account there, (and some wouldn't even want to be caught dead with one).

So that might not be a viable solution, as well as this is the first time Facebook has been mentioned in this tread.

With regards to the website. We know it is not working properly but this is due to personnel problems and we are hoping to be up and running very soon. In the meantime our Facebook page is being constantly updated and also had updates on the fair day confirmed no cancellation. http://www.facebook....erscare.forkids

Granted being a volunteer committee with limited resources. I still have to agree with other posters that this was handled poorly.

This tread has been running for close to 2 months, with information about the fair. Why not have someone update the tread?

You mention Facebook, not everyone has an account there, (and some wouldn't even want to be caught dead with one).

So that might not be a viable solution, as well as this is the first time Facebook has been mentioned in this tread.

It was very difficult to handle especially when you are at the fairground, unfortunately Thai Visa isn't in the forefront of your mind.

With regards to FB it was set up when the website went down to keep people up to date and it is not our only long term solution, our website will be up and running soon.

Hey - have you noticed Thai Visa is a sponsor - maybe you haven't been in Pattaya for a long time - handled poorly? most of us were at the FAIR - AND GEE IT WAS ME - I was at the fair from 8:00am iin the morning - set up the book stall with the helpers and did not leave until 5:00p.m. and as LUCYLUI SAID WE DID THE BEST!! And have you been to the fair? Maybe try and turn up tomorrow night night at Leo Blues Bar and help us recoup our losses!! And remember all the kids we take care of were there on Sunday and gee they didn't miss out on anything - take a look at the photos on facebook!! (Iknow you are not fussed on facebook but you can look)

Good on you.....keep up with the good efforts.

It is easy to see how things could have been done or managed differently after the fact......especially from the armchair crowd.

Best of luck in the future and put it down to experience for the next events.......also, facebook sucks, make sure you have alternatives.

No need to be defensive. Don't take it personal, we are just disappointed missing the event. It would have been nice if someone with a smartphone or tablet would have made a quick update in this thread about the situation.

Anyway, with all the rain a lot of people would probably not have gone regardless. Having the fair in the middle of the rainy season is risky and if I remember well you've been lucky with the weather the last 10 years. Sooner or later it had to go wrong. Better luck next year. :)

No need to be defensive. Don't take it personal, we are just disappointed missing the event. It would have been nice if someone with a smartphone or tablet would have made a quick update in this thread about the situation.

Anyway, with all the rain a lot of people would probably not have gone regardless. Having the fair in the middle of the rainy season is risky and if I remember well you've been lucky with the weather the last 10 years. Sooner or later it had to go wrong. Better luck next year. :)

It was still raining down here at the Ambassador at 12:00. I think I was emptying my pool for the second time right about then!! :(

Thanks to everyone that turned up at Leo Blues Bar last night! Special thanks to the sponsors for the evening PattayaFM105 and Pattaya One - thanks guys. To all the musicians that played all night long a very big thanks (hope it helps to make up for Sunday B) )

We raised around Baht 13,000 - so a big thanks again to you all.