Just How Much More Can They Keep Jacking Up The Price ?

Wow that's a lot of bikes up for sale and they've only been on the market what? 2-3 months? I guess it reflects what a lot of my Thai friends have told me- that people buy the bike because it's cheap, then realize once they have it how boring it is and get rid of it...

Tony, you have to make up your mind once in a while.

First you say its normal that more Honda's will be sold then Ninja's and does not mean the ninja is bad

Now later you say.. wow so many Honda's are being sold second hand must be because they are bad.

So first when it positive for Honda it does not matter that many are sold has nothing to do with quality. Then when many are resold volume does come into play seems like you want to use the same argument on both sides to bad mouth Honda.

First saying volume is not important and later saying it is whatever suits you best.

Come on your a good rider but not a genius that is clear now

Also the amount of bikes for sale might be a reflection of how many were sold new first. Its only natural that many will be for resale.

Certainly I've never claimed to be a genius! Riding big bikes in Thailand might even indicate a screw loose ;)

But I'm not sure I agree with you that comparing new vehicle sales to sales of second hand vehicles isn't revealing.

I'd argue that it's quite odd to find dozens and dozens of second hand CB'r' 250's up for sale only months after they went on sale. It doesn't strike you as odd? Again, I'm no genius, but I can only think of a couple explanations.

1) A lot of buyers can't make the payments and need to sell.

2) A lot of buyers are not happy with their purchase and want to sell. (Buyer's remorse).

I really can't think of any other reasons to explain why so many CB'r' are turning up for sale only months after they were sold. Can you?

We've only got a handful of CB'r' 250 owners posting on this forum so it's hard to define any trends, but one owner already sold his bike in favor of a Versys and another has been telling us from day one that his Honda is just to hold him over until he can save enough money for a bigger bike...

Good thing you can accept your not god.. you post like him :D .

I really don't find it odd at all, think your right on the money about not being able to pay.

You could also be right about the remorse part, part of me after having driven the bike a while thinks it would be more fun to have an even powerful bike. Not talking a 250 ninja. Why because im now used to the power. At first i thought it was awesome but you get used to it.

I think you of all people can relate to that. So if you take into account how many bikes are bought new and then sold second hand i don't think its different from your beloved ninja 250.

I wont be buying a bigger bike because my mate told me its hard to handle in traffic. He still has a cb150 and a 650. But without his advice after a while i might have sold and got bigger. I think for a lot of people this was an introduction in the slightly bigger bike scene.

So you can have buyers remorse without it being a bad product. You are just one of those persons that hates the bike and twists all facts you can find to suit you. Good thing there are people here on the forum who use their brains to stop you. You might not be easily overtaken in skill on the road but brainpower wise im pretty sure you can be overtaken easily at times because you just don't like the bike and then try to come up with reasons that don't stick.

mess 15 - how much without the insurance / jacket / helmet ?

Sorry, but there are no discounts if the customer decides not to take the premiums.

I should also note that this price/premium package is only available for cash sales. For financed CBRs we offer 2 two years theft insurance, a helmet, and jacket. To finance, theft insurance is required. While the first class policy does have a provision for theft, the insurance company doesn't allow the policy to be in our financing company's name. However, the theft only insurance can be in our financing company's name until the bike is paid off. Thanks.

Brian

Wow that's a lot of bikes up for sale and they've only been on the market what? 2-3 months? I guess it reflects what a lot of my Thai friends have told me- that people buy the bike because it's cheap, then realize once they have it how boring it is and get rid of it...

Tony, you have to make up your mind once in a while.

First you say its normal that more Honda's will be sold then Ninja's and does not mean the ninja is bad

Now later you say.. wow so many Honda's are being sold second hand must be because they are bad.

So first when it positive for Honda it does not matter that many are sold has nothing to do with quality. Then when many are resold volume does come into play seems like you want to use the same argument on both sides to bad mouth Honda.

First saying volume is not important and later saying it is whatever suits you best.

Come on your a good rider but not a genius that is clear now

Also the amount of bikes for sale might be a reflection of how many were sold new first. Its only natural that many will be for resale.

Certainly I've never claimed to be a genius! Riding big bikes in Thailand might even indicate a screw loose ;)

But I'm not sure I agree with you that comparing new vehicle sales to sales of second hand vehicles isn't revealing.

I'd argue that it's quite odd to find dozens and dozens of second hand CB'r' 250's up for sale only months after they went on sale. It doesn't strike you as odd? Again, I'm no genius, but I can only think of a couple explanations.

1) A lot of buyers can't make the payments and need to sell.

2) A lot of buyers are not happy with their purchase and want to sell. (Buyer's remorse).

I really can't think of any other reasons to explain why so many CB'r' are turning up for sale only months after they were sold. Can you?

We've only got a handful of CB'r' 250 owners posting on this forum so it's hard to define any trends, but one owner already sold his bike in favor of a Versys and another has been telling us from day one that his Honda is just to hold him over until he can save enough money for a bigger bike...

I really don't find it odd at all, think your right on the money about not being able to pay.

You could also be right about the remorse part, part of me after having driven the bike a while thinks it would be more fun to have an even powerful bike. Not talking a 250 ninja. Why because im now used to the power. At first i thought it was awesome but you get used to it.

I think you of all people can relate to that. So if you take into account how many bikes are bought new and then sold second hand i don't think its different from your beloved ninja 250.

I wont be buying a bigger bike because my mate told me its hard to handle in traffic. He still has a cb150 and a 650. But without his advice after a while i might have sold and got bigger. I think for a lot of people this was an introduction in the slightly bigger bike scene.

So you can have buyers remorse without it being a bad product. You are just one of those persons that hates the bike and twists all facts you can find to suit you. Good thing there are people here on the forum who use their brains to stop you. You might not be easily overtaken in skill on the road but brainpower wise im pretty sure you can be overtaken easily at times because you just don't like the bike and then try to come up with reasons that don't stick.

lolz! :lol: Never claimed to be God! :rolleyes:

I just think it's funny how so many people think this new Honda thumper is the most exciting thing since sliced bread and I take the piss accordingly. So easy to push your buttons :whistling:

I've said it before, but perhaps you choose to ignore my positive comments on the new Honda- the price and the optional ABS are noteworthy. BUT, just because it's cheaper certainly doesn't mean it's better.

I think putting "power" and "CB'r' 250" in the same sentence is an oxymoron, and it supports what I've said before- noob riders (you?) will master and outgrow the low revving Honda quite quickly and soon realize what a boring bike they have.

If you only need a bike for getting around town I'd say a scooter would be a much better choice. There are plenty of cheap scooters that put out about the same "power" as the Honda CB'r', are easier and more convenient for zipping around town and cost less.

If you want a proper motorcycle for touring or riding 2-up I think you'll quickly realize that 250cc really doesn't cut it. CB'r' and Ninjette just don't have the ponies for climbing hills or hauling around a pillion. Riding 2-up and/or climbing hills on the Ninjette is tough. It must really suck on the CB'r'...

The reviews pretty much confirm this, saying that the CB'r' is better around town, more fuel efficient and easier for noobs while the Ninjette is better for highway and twisties. Different strokes for different folks :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

"Riding 2-up and/or climbing hills on the Ninjette is tough. It must really suck on the CB'r'..."

I don't know about hills but 2 up riding is actually very pleasant on the Cbr250 with it's low down torque and very passenger friendly perch. It's not a full blown street sport 250 bike like the Ninjette!!! The Cbr is a 250 sport/commuter/tourer and it does the job very well.

It's actually a good bike to ride around town (even Pattaya)

PS the ninjette isn't actually a full blown 250 sports bike either that is reserved for the inline 4 250's of yesteryear. Do i wish they did them again .......................... you betbiggrin.gif

PPS.. Tony. have you ridden a Cbr250 ® yet?

Edited by thaicbr

I just think it's funny how so many people think this new Honda thumper is the most exciting thing since sliced bread and I take the piss accordingly. So easy to push your buttons :whistling:

I've said it before, but perhaps you choose to ignore my positive comments on the new Honda- the price and the optional ABS are noteworthy. BUT, just because it's cheaper certainly doesn't mean it's better.

I think putting "power" and "CB'r' 250" in the same sentence is an oxymoron, and it supports what I've said before- noob riders (you?) will master and outgrow the low revving Honda quite quickly and soon realize what a boring bike they have.

If you only need a bike for getting around town I'd say a scooter would be a much better choice. There are plenty of cheap scooters that put out about the same "power" as the Honda CB'r', are easier and more convenient for zipping around town and cost less.

If you want a proper motorcycle for touring or riding 2-up I think you'll quickly realize that 250cc really doesn't cut it. CB'r' and Ninjette just don't have the ponies for climbing hills or hauling around a pillion. Riding 2-up and/or climbing hills on the Ninjette is tough. It must really suck on the CB'r'...

The reviews pretty much confirm this, saying that the CB'r' is better around town, more fuel efficient and easier for noobs while the Ninjette is better for highway and twisties. Different strokes for different folks :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

I got a scooter for in and around town.

HOwever i use the honda when i go fishing or go a bit further then 5-10km. Of course the scooter is better for zipping around traffic and for shopping.

I would not really use a bike for going more then 50 km from where i live. That is partly why i did not get a big bike. I got this honda for going to for instance Bungsamran. that is around 30km from me. Its good to do it on a bike as it would drive me crazy if i did it by car.

The small bike just does not have the power i need for some of the faster parts that i need to travel to go there. I just don't feel as safe then. For these kind of rides the CBR250r is perfect. In heavy traffic im not sure i would want a big bike. THis bike is good for in heavy traffic (scooter would be better) and the fast parts.

"Riding 2-up and/or climbing hills on the Ninjette is tough. It must really suck on the CB'r'..."

I don't know about hills but 2 up riding is actually very pleasant on the Cbr250 with it's low down torque and very passenger friendly perch. It's not a full blown street sport 250 bike like the Ninjette!!! The Cbr is a 250 sport/commuter/tourer and it does the job very well.

It's actually a good bike to ride around town (even Pattaya)

PS the ninjette isn't actually a full blown 250 sports bike either that is reserved for the inline 4 250's of yesteryear. Do i wish they did them again .......................... you betbiggrin.gif

PPS.. Tony. have you ridden a Cbr250 ® yet?

Yeah, I took a friend's Non ABS CBR 250 around Bangkok for a spin. Gutless, bland and boring was my conclusion... :rolleyes:

Happy Trails!

Tony

I got a scooter for in and around town.

HOwever i use the honda when i go fishing or go a bit further then 5-10km. Of course the scooter is better for zipping around traffic and for shopping.

I would not really use a bike for going more then 50 km from where i live. That is partly why i did not get a big bike. I got this honda for going to for instance Bungsamran. that is around 30km from me. Its good to do it on a bike as it would drive me crazy if i did it by car.

The small bike just does not have the power i need for some of the faster parts that i need to travel to go there. I just don't feel as safe then. For these kind of rides the CBR250r is perfect. In heavy traffic im not sure i would want a big bike. THis bike is good for in heavy traffic (scooter would be better) and the fast parts.

Hey, we're actually kind of agreeing on something for a change! :lol:

I've got my Tiger Retro for local runs and use the bigger bikes for touring and track. When I have to go downtown I usually drive as I hate sucking fumes and dodging the Brown Mafia, but IF I were going to ride around the city regularly I think a fast scooter or a little motard like a D-Tracker or X-Road would be just the thing. If the CBR fits your needs I am happy for you! It's certainly not for me to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't ride.

I just like teasing the folks who think this new CB'r' is such an amazing bike. There's nothing exciting about it IMO. Gimme a REAL CBR 250RR any day over this underwhelming new thumper.

Happy Trails!

T

Nothing amazing about it just fills a gap for me. The ninja is a bit too expensive in comparison. Anyway im not much of a real rider i would get lost. I just use the CBR when i need to go a bit further or go fishing in places where there is heavy traffic.

Did that on the scooter (novou 135cc) too but for some parts of the trip it just isnt fast/powerfull enough. So this bike fits the bill. If i were to really drive like a lot of you guys do i would not have bought the honda cbr 250 or the ninja both are not good enough for that. IMHO. but others might disagree.