Tennis Courts In Chiang Mai?

JimShortz

I am curious about the courts at Chiang Mai Land. I've seen people playing there in the evening and the lights seem to be bright enough. Do they require a membership or can you book the courts one off? Anyone know what the fees are there?

I've heard that some housing estates have tennis courts. Does anyone live in a housing estate that allows non-residents to pay to use their facilities?

How about hotels or resorts or schools?

You can find tennis court in many housing estates in Chiang Mai, such as Chiang Mai land, Flora view, Nai Fun, Siwalee, Ing Doi, Land and house park and they are allow(for be sure better to go to ask again) non-resident to use tennis court but I heard that in 700 years stadium is better (have 12 tennis courts) and the price is 40 baht per hour (for member), 60 baht per hour (if you need to open the light they charge 1 baht per minute, it mean 60 baht per hour more) for non member and there is also tennis court in Chiang Mai University) but about the price I have no up to date information (many years ago was 80 baht per day).

• 6 months later...

Is there a Club up at the University, or do people just pre-arrange a game and go to play?

I'd be interested in knowing of any Clubs in Chiang Mai. Not played for years - just looking for a club to play doubles on a recreational / non competitive basis. Like a UK 'Club' night mix in.