Form Code For Exempting Necessary Bachelors Degree

Hello,

There was a post about three/four weeks ago about changes to work permit requirements stating that a degree was necessary for ANY job being applied for in order to get the work permit. There was some disagreement in the posts that ensued as to whether that had always been the case anyway.

Can anyone tell me what the outcome was as I cannot find the original post. Is a degree required for any work permit?

In addition, since being here, I have been told by someone from a reputable visa company there is a form to fill in to attach to a work permit application that declares outright you don't have a Bsc/BA but you do have A-Levels and you have to supply references from previous employers detailing the skills you have developed whilst working for them which replace the formal training of a university course. Does anyone know of this form/have a link to this form.

On the flip side, away from paid work...Other than a letter from the charity and the CRB check from your own country and perhaps a Thai Criminal Records Check, what are the requirement to get the O visa for volunteering? Am I correct in thinking after getting the Volunteering Visa, you then have to apply for a Work Permit even though you won't be earning? Would the form which I mentioned above, exempting a BSc/BA still be needed for this Volunteering Visa Work Permit?

Many thanks.

Hi

This will be required for the work permit, (Dept of Employment) please note: most prospective employers do not know about this form so when applying show them the form I sent attached, you may print and complete the form and use it in your application. The visa is immigration issue.

Good Luck

First of all I must say that you do NOT need a degree for ALL work. For instance a Musician most likely will not have a degree, nore would a Dive Master or a hair stylist etc.

Volonteers would also NOT need a degree if they want to help the poor, or clean garbage, or play music etc.

Many thanks again. Just wondering how I'd get the B visa without the degree papers. Hmmmmm. Think I need an opener for this can of worms haha.

There is no can of worms to open, there is nothing in any Thai labour legislation which requires a degree for all work permits, all the DOL/immigration paper work talks about highest educational level attained.

Granted for certain teaching positions I believe a degree is required, but this requirement is not all encompassing across all WP

OP here is the form cant find the link but its on the Dept of Labour website.

Pinball

The list of links for downloadable forms is here on the website of the Department of Employment.

This is the direct link to the form "Education and job experlence certification form. It looks like this form might be required for all applications for work permit, ie also for applicants who do have a university degree.