Big Fight In Premier Bar

no idea where Bangrak is, but thankyou for inviting us!.

for other people who don't live near there, and have Astro SuperSport 2, their coverage is advertised as beginning at 8am through to 11am (Thai time) on Sunday.

As always - may the best man win!

The title of this topic sucked me in... I was expecting a story about a bunch of drunk farangs throwing chairs and bottles and busting the place up!

Hmmm can think of a few TV scenarios....rolleyes.gif

But unfortunately imola got relegated! cheesy.gif

The title of this topic sucked me in... I was expecting a story about a bunch of drunk farangs throwing chairs and bottles and busting the place up!

most of them are soccer fans so it would be a lot of diving and acting

Gooid morning Joe. Are you referring to "football" fans? I still just don't understand why the americans call the worlds most popular sport of football by a different name. Baffling, and intensely irritating.

Gooid morning Joe. Are you referring to "football" fans? I still just don't understand why the americans call the worlds most popular sport of football by a different name. Baffling, and intensely irritating.

Soccer is short for Association Football and originated at Oxford in the late 1800's. That's about as English as you get.

On Saturday mornings Sky Sports in the UK has a show called "Soccer AM".

I was once baffled as to why so many English were so ignorant about a word they created themselves.

Edited by koheesti

Soccer is short for Association Football and originated at Oxford in the late 1800's. That's about as English as you get.

On Saturday mornings Sky Sports in the UK has a show called "Soccer AM".

I was once baffled as to why so many English were so ignorant about a word they created themselves.

Why would you be baffled when the only word used in England for centuries to describe football is football and the only reason you hear the word soccer today from Americans is because they already had a game called football.

Hardly ignorant not to give a monkey's where the word came from.

Edited by SamuiNige

Bizarre how an innocent thread about a boxing match can become a ****-slinging exercise about football/soccer.

and my contribution - unsure of the argument re use of the word soccer - Australia and NZ are hardly states of the USA.

See New Zealand Herald: Soccer

Soccer: Arsenal youngster scores freakish own goal

and

Australia's national team the Socceroos - you'd better tell them they are now the Footballoos; their mascot Socceroo Kangaroo will be looking for a new job.

socceroos_ffa_mens_premium_polo_fa1045.jpg

and one more:FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2011

back to the boxing . . .

Edited by Atmos

so now we now know the history of football and soccer. does anyone have any opinion on the fight. Or shall we get into a debat as to why the boxing ring is called a ring when it is a square :whistling:

so now we now know the history of football and soccer. does anyone have any opinion on the fight. Or shall we get into a debat as to why the boxing ring is called a ring when it is a square :whistling:

Apparently the fight wasn't all that interesting. Thanks though to Atmos for posting the video of the last round. :thumbsup:

Apparently the fight wasn't all that interesting. Thanks though to Atmos for posting the video of the last round. :thumbsup:

seemed alright to me. i was wondering why he kept doing head combonations. i even said it. i dodn't know why he didn't mix some body shots in.

then the final KO was a body shot. nuff said.

seemed alright to me. i was wondering why he kept doing head combonations. i even said it. i dodn't know why he didn't mix some body shots in.

No doubt Judah had natural skills, but i don't think he ever had the mental skills. He's never beaten any class fighters and when he lost to class fighters there was always an excuse.

It was no different in this fight, Khan rattled him early, never let up and as soon as he could get out he did and made the excuse he thought he was getting a standing eight count, while not standing. That body shot was straight in the gut, not organs or ribs. I'm sure it would have dropped me like a sack or spuds, but not a pro.

Anyway not to take away from the win for Khan, nice lad and hope he can become a great champ

Edited by SamuiNige

No doubt Judah had natural skills, but i don't think he ever had the mental skills. He's never beaten any class fighters and when he lost to class fighters there was always an excuse.

It was no different in this fight, Khan rattled him early, never let up and as soon as he could get out he did and made the excuse he thought he was getting a standing eight count, while not standing. That body shot was straight in the gut, not organs or ribs. I'm sure it would have dropped me like a sack or spuds, but not a pro.

Anyway not to take away from the win for Khan, nice lad and hope he can become a great champ

believe me when the way he had his body shaped in that curl position he would have felt the rush of pain go stright behinde his ribs. he took max damge from that body shot because of his body being curved in such positition.

i have been hit their and i love it. funny thing with those shots. like the commontater said. once the pain passes u can carry on. if he took the count then the bell would have gone shorty after he would have been back to nomral

anyone fancy a fight in the premier bar this sunday ?

will it be better than the most recent televised debacle? I recommend you look up Smokie and knock some sense into him :D

Typical Canuck behaviour is it Jimbob?......If you ever visit the UK you'll find we fight our own battles pal. laugh.gif