Norse Man Arrested For 20g Of Pot In Pocket

britmaveric

Tourist Police arrest Norwegian man on Walking Street with over 20g of Marijuana in his pocket.

Police Captain Chirawat, a sub-inspector at the Pattaya Tourist Police Station was on routine patrol on Walking Street on Saturday Night when he spotted a foreign man who appeared to be either very drunk or possibly under the influence of narcotics. The man was stopped and challenged and the Captain decided to conduct a search of the man and a bag weighing 28.3g of the Class 5 drug Marijuana was found in his pocket. Mr. Inge Reinskau aged 38 from Norway was immediately arrested and taken back to the Tourist Police Station where he confessed to already smoking a small quantity of the drug. He confessed to purchasing the drugs from a Thai man on Walking Street who is currently being located by Tourist Police Officers. The man was later transferred to Pattaya Police Station where he was formally charged with possession of a class 5 drug. The Tourist Police would like to warn viewers who may be thinking about indulging in recreational drugs here in Pattaya, not to do so because the laws pertaining to illegal drugs here in Thailand are strict and in some cases the death penalty can be imposed if the case is serious.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 24th October 2005

Edited by britmaveric

Mr. Inge Reinskau aged 38 from Norway was immediately arrested and taken back to the Tourist Police Station where he confessed to already smoking a small quantity of the drug. He confessed to purchasing the drugs from a Thai man on Walking Street who is currently being located by Tourist Police Officers.

Where is the Tourist Police Station ????

Was the Thai man a plant :o

I read this title as 20 kgs not grams. I thought he must have had massive pockets.

Anyone know the general penalties and police reaction to marijuana?

In the UK things have gotten more relaxed but in LoS I udnerstand it has become a lot stricter. Is it automatic jail time?

There are dealers to be seen most nights in Walking Street.

There are also undercover police there as well.

Carrying illegal drugs in Thailand is stupid, but carrying them in an area which gets a lot of attention from the police is madness....no sympathy from me.

Doubt he was grassed up, maybe just caught in a stop and search, it happens.

Crazy thing to do, but I expect a donation to the MIB will sort things out quick enough.

I very much doubt he'll get a sentence for it though deportation might come his way if he's unlucky.

Edited by bkkmadness

Thailand is my drug !

I spend a lot of money on it.

I need it frequently.

I always have "my" Thai with me when I go out.

Particulary cardio problems,often sweat heavily.

It gets sometimes hard to my liver.

My skin turns dark.

But I just can´t stop ........

:o:D

Sorry about the confusion.

In Sweden we refer to legal drugs as medicines and illegal drugs as just plain drugs! 

Once again I apologise for my ignorance and promise that I shall refrain from posting here again.

Viking

Just ignore it and keep posting. You aren't going to let one flippant remark chase you away are you? Time to grow a thicker skin. Its not to be taken so seriously.

cv

Our hapless visitor's tale gets even more pathetic:

Pattaya People (Their article also includes the ID page of his passport for all to peruse... sans the stylish Mohican topping)

24th october:Scandinavian man buys marijuana at Walking Street to smoke some joints with his friends but his suspicious behaviour alerts patrolling Police

A Norwegian national Mr. Rein Skau Inge (38) has been busted by Pattaya Tourist Police for buying marijuana late at night in Walking Street.

The amount of dope bought on the 23rd October by the Norwegian was 28.3 grams. It was not noticed though that he was actually buying the dope, but he started acting suspiciously when Tourist Police were conducting their regular patrol down Walking Street.

As the Police were walking in his direction, the Scandinavian suddenly started to act in a paranoid fashion, which alerted them to the fact that some thing was untoward with him. They searched him uncovering the dope in his trouser pockets.

He told Police he had only been in Thailand for a short time for a holiday with his friends and the drug was for personal use. This is not much of an excuse in Thailand, as visiting nationals are well informed before entry into the country that no usage of any illegal drug type will be tolerated and Thai law determines extreme penalties for those who disrespect the laws of the Kingdom.

Our hapless visitor's tale gets even more pathetic:

Pattaya People (Their article also includes the ID page of his passport for all to peruse... sans the stylish Mohican topping)

24th october:Scandinavian man buys marijuana at Walking Street to smoke some joints with his friends but his suspicious behaviour alerts patrolling Police

A Norwegian national Mr. Rein Skau Inge (38) has been busted by Pattaya Tourist Police for buying marijuana late at night in Walking Street.

The amount of dope bought on the 23rd October by the Norwegian was 28.3 grams. It was not noticed though that he was actually buying the dope, but he started acting suspiciously when Tourist Police were conducting their regular patrol down Walking Street.

As the Police were walking in his direction, the Scandinavian suddenly started to act in a paranoid fashion, which alerted them to the fact that some thing was untoward with him. They searched him uncovering the dope in his trouser pockets.

He told Police he had only been in Thailand for a short time for a holiday with his friends and the drug was for personal use. This is not much of an excuse in Thailand, as visiting nationals are well informed before entry into the country that no usage of any illegal drug type will be tolerated and Thai law determines extreme penalties for those who disrespect the laws of the Kingdom.

It is said that using marijuana can result in paranoia....but I`ve never heard that buying it can cause this problem :o

28g will probobally not be seen as personal usage, and the fact he states it was to be smoked with friends is tantamount to admiting to dealing. If you buy drugs for friends even if you don't get money for it, it is still supplying. This has obviously attracted a lot of attension, which is very bad for the guy involved, it may be too late to pay $.

I reckon he'll eigher get away with it with an under the counter payment if he's lucky.

But he could just as easily have the book thrown at him.

28g is one ounce, not many people buy an ounce for personal use, only a fool has that much in Thailand.

It does say he got 28.3g though, so he got a good deal :o