True Internet Is A Fraud

shariq607

Hey ,

Two years they had a promotion for 4 mb adsl for 799 baht not including vat a month ok was a good promotion two years ago but now they are giving away 7 mb for 599,

i contacted them several times and they said 4 mb is the maximum your house can get considering the distance i asked for a discount they said they will contact me back.

never they insisted me calling again so few days ago someone from true called me and said they are not able to provide a discount due to the fact i have to change promotion but changing

cannot happen because of maximum speed in my area is 4 mb this just sucks i live in sukhumvit soi 31 just few blocks away from the prime minister house and all they can provide me 4 mb.

Secondly true again called me the other day and said since my area is available for there cable internet i can apply and have better download speed so i chose there 20/2 mb package and

my appointment date was just after two days.

After two days they come to my door and say sorry your house is 150 meters far so i cant get cable high speed i was really pissed.

so the next day i contacted the true call center and they had no idea the order was canceled and they said they will try to get cable modem for my house in 2 months.

so my question is how can they get cable internet for me in two months are they just trying to find an excuse?

and what should i do about my current unfair package of 850 baht including vat a month just for 4 mb?

I think it's safe to say that ANYTHING connected to TRUE is rubbish with poor customer service but referring to it as fraud is a bit steep. Even the chicken is not much copbiggrin.gif

If you dont like it then change provider.

They may NOT have been able to do much work in the area exactly because it's close to Abhisit's home. That's why they are saying 2 months.

My guess is that True is rolling out this new DOCSIS (internet over cable) and will be able to serve your location within two months. It takes time to pull cable, provision power, install equipment and turn up service. These DOCSIS systems can be quite finicky. Maybe they just got a little confused between current availability and your exact location. Not ideal I know, but also not unheard of. Just check back with them in two months to see if they can provide the service.

In the interim, I think you should be able to re-negotiate your current DSL contract down to 599 baht/month (not including VAT) as this is the bottom tier package offered for speeds up to 7 Mbps/512 Kbps.

Cancel it all - is what I would do, then see how they respond.

Yeah all these companies, including all the telephone companies have what i call "By The Way" when you try to change they make it more expensive to change so you don't.

I would cancel and go with a different carrier, you have may choices and they all got through TOT anyways

I would recommend that you contact the TCI (Telecommunication Consumer Protection Institute) 1200 or 0-2634-6000. I have had problems with my internet service with TOT and after contacting them most of the issues were resolved and was able to get a discount on my service.

They are similar to the FCC in the US or

i personally am delighted with True Move for broadband internet/telephone etc.... never had any troubles using them for more than 4 years but of course if one is not living in an area serviced by a lot of True subscribers of course it is a different issue.

They are supportive and offering values- come on see the reality.

Which alternatives do you have where you are living ?

<br />i personally am delighted with True Move for broadband internet/telephone etc.... never had any troubles using them for more than 4 years but of course if one is not living in an area serviced by a lot of True  subscribers of course it is a different issue.<br />They are supportive and offering values- come on see the reality.<br />Which alternatives do you have where you are living ?<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Before true's internet service i was using Tot,

tot's internet sucked in every way most of the day it is out of service and i never got the speed i paid for.

On the other hand with true i get speed i was promised and its up 100% of time and i get great international bandwidth

My only problem with true is they can only support 4 mb internet in my house the other houses in my mooban get better speeds but they say i cant because my house is at the end of the mooban and i pay 850 a month for it where as they offer 7 mb for 599 i feel really pissed on them not because of the extra money but because i feel like i am getting cheated

my other option is 3bb i never tried them and dont even know if they support my area i just heard they are middleman in terms of internet provider

Any other isps?

850 baht for a stable 4 mgb connection.

Lead me to it baby !!!

I'm lucky to get 0.5 via TOT even if marginally cheaper.

Hell I would be happy to pay 850 for a stable 2 mgb connection....

I've never had any (significant) problems with my True connection, the few times i've had minor issues a quick phone call or a quick engineer visit and its all sorted out... helps if you can speak Thai as their English language support is a bit dodgy, get the girlfriend/wife/friend to call them if you cant speak the lingo.

I've recently moved to the cable modem and i'm really pleased with it, its reliable and always on, always at the right speeds, and quite inexpensive. It went down once (to my knowledge) for about an hour... not bad in 6 months really.

so my question is how can they get cable internet for me in two months are they just trying to find an excuse?

and what should i do about my current unfair package of 850 baht including vat a month just for 4 mb?

The best ISP Call Center/Service Centers can do concerning the "fastest speed to your area/residence" is to look and see what their database says. But even the Call Center/Service Centers would probably tell you the information in their database is a "guide" only and the installation technician will make the final determination if service/speed can be provided. And of course, it sometimes takes the paperwork of the technician's final call to be processed/loaded into the Call Center/Service Centers regarding your work order.

I too had DSL speed limitation to my western Bangkok moobaan until True finished installing cable TV/internet about one and half months ago (which True still does not show in their cable coverage area). Until True arrived my choice of internet providers was TOT, TOT or TOT, as TOT was the only one providing phone/DSL lines to my moobaan...the moobaan was a captive audience to TOT. And due to the distance of the moobaan from the TOT central station/DSLAM bank speed was limited. Initially 2Mb was the fastest to the moobaan (this service sucked), then they upgraded a little and it went to 4Mb (reliable service), then they upgraded again and it went to 6Mb (reliable service). This speed limitation was for everyone in the moobaan even through TOT was advertising DSL speeds up to 15Mb depending on where you lived....the Location, Location, Location thing. Now, during that 2Mb to 4Mb to 6Mb period of upgrading, whenever I would see a TOT technician in the moobaan I would stop and ask them what is the fastest DSL speed to the moobaan now. Periodically I got an answer that said it had recently been increased....like from 2Mb to 4Mb....and later on from 4Mb to 6Mb. So, I would go to my nearby Service Center (I don't do things like this over the phone....too much chance of that Thai and farang language miscommunication) and asked to be upgraded to the higher speed....each time they looked in their database and said, "but the fastest to your area is less than what I'm asking to be upgraded to." I would then say that the TOT technician working in the moobaan said it was just upgraded and the max speed is now XYZ. So, the Service Center put in the upgrade paperwork which sometimes was actually another year's contract at the upgraded speed, but the Service Center would always tell me the upgrade/new contract will be automatically cancelled if the technician says No-Can-Do that speed. A few days later the technician would visit my home, ask me to check my internet speed now as he had just done something at the central station/DSLAM bank to upgrade me, and I now indeed had the higher speed. This is how my both of my TOT upgrades to 4Mb and 6Mb occurred. I guess the moral of this story is the Call Center/Service Centers can only go on data they see in their database system and it's usually X-months behind the times....that is why the technician ends up making the final call via an on-site visit and then, feeding that info back to the Call Center/Service Center who in-turn contact you with the bad or good news.

If you've been doing everything via phone calls I would recommend you take the DSL plan cost problem to a Service Center (not a True Shop...those folks just sell plans) and talk the problem face-to-face, talk about reduced price options, etc. And if they promise to call you back with an update on the problem, don't be surprised if that call never comes....be prepared to go back to the same Service Center in about one week to find out the status....I've always had to do that. Regarding getting cable to you in two months, "maybe" they do have plans to extend the cable trunk line in a couple of months which would put it closer to your home...but 2 months in Thai time can turn out to be 2 years to never...but I will have to say that True does seem to be aggressively expanding its cable network. But it sure sounds like you may be in a location that is just a little too far from a DSL central station/DSLAM bank and where the True cable trunk line ends. You may need to see if TOT or 3BB service your area with higher speed plans....you never know, their central station/DSLAM bank just may be closer than True's and you could get a higher speed package. Good luck...I know it's can be frustrating.

The best ISP Call Center/Service Centers can do concerning the "fastest speed to your area/residence" is to look and see what their database says. But even the Call Center/Service Centers would probably tell you the information in their database is a "guide" only and the installation technician will make the final determination if service/speed can be provided. And of course, it sometimes takes the paperwork of the technician's final call to be processed/loaded into the Call Center/Service Centers regarding your work order.

I too had DSL speed limitation to my western Bangkok moobaan until True finished installing cable TV/internet about one and half months ago (which True still does not show in their cable coverage area). Until True arrived my choice of internet providers was TOT, TOT or TOT, as TOT was the only one providing phone/DSL lines to my moobaan...the moobaan was a captive audience to TOT. And due to the distance of the moobaan from the TOT central station/DSLAM bank speed was limited. Initially 2Mb was the fastest to the moobaan (this service sucked), then they upgraded a little and it went to 4Mb (reliable service), then they upgraded again and it went to 6Mb (reliable service). This speed limitation was for everyone in the moobaan even through TOT was advertising DSL speeds up to 15Mb depending on where you lived....the Location, Location, Location thing. Now, during that 2Mb to 4Mb to 6Mb period of upgrading, whenever I would see a TOT technician in the moobaan I would stop and ask them what is the fastest DSL speed to the moobaan now. Periodically I got an answer that said it had recently been increased....like from 2Mb to 4Mb....and later on from 4Mb to 6Mb. So, I would go to my nearby Service Center (I don't do things like this over the phone....too much chance of that Thai and farang language miscommunication) and asked to be upgraded to the higher speed....each time they looked in their database and said, "but the fastest to your area is less than what I'm asking to be upgraded to." I would then say that the TOT technician working in the moobaan said it was just upgraded and the max speed is now XYZ. So, the Service Center put in the upgrade paperwork which sometimes was actually another year's contract at the upgraded speed, but the Service Center would always tell me the upgrade/new contract will be automatically cancelled if the technician says No-Can-Do that speed. A few days later the technician would visit my home, ask me to check my internet speed now as he had just done something at the central station/DSLAM bank to upgrade me, and I now indeed had the higher speed. This is how my both of my TOT upgrades to 4Mb and 6Mb occurred. I guess the moral of this story is the Call Center/Service Centers can only go on data they see in their database system and it's usually X-months behind the times....that is why the technician ends up making the final call via an on-site visit and then, feeding that info back to the Call Center/Service Center who in-turn contact you with the bad or good news.

If you've been doing everything via phone calls I would recommend you take the DSL plan cost problem to a Service Center (not a True Shop...those folks just sell plans) and talk the problem face-to-face, talk about reduced price options, etc. And if they promise to call you back with an update on the problem, don't be surprised if that call never comes....be prepared to go back to the same Service Center in about one week to find out the status....I've always had to do that. Regarding getting cable to you in two months, "maybe" they do have plans to extend the cable trunk line in a couple of months which would put it closer to your home...but 2 months in Thai time can turn out to be 2 years to never...but I will have to say that True does seem to be aggressively expanding its cable network. But it sure sounds like you may be in a location that is just a little too far from a DSL central station/DSLAM bank and where the True cable trunk line ends. You may need to see if TOT or 3BB service your area with higher speed plans....you never know, their central station/DSLAM bank just may be closer than True's and you could get a higher speed package. Good luck...I know it's can be frustrating.

Pib you seem quite expert in this isp field

what are the other isp options other then true and tot?

what do you think about 3bb? is there internet service similar to the one provided by true cable internet?

Pib you seem quite expert in this isp field

what are the other isp options other then true and tot?

what do you think about 3bb? is there internet service similar to the one provided by true cable internet?

Oh, I'm no expert in the ISP field. With my electronics background from my younger days, my personal experience (frustration) with trying to get good internet since arriving Thailand about 3 years ago, and reading a lot of ThaiVisa posts, I do have a certain knowledge of Thai internet. And I think that knowledge boils down the getting good internet in Thailand is primarily a function of Location, Location, Location; and having a good physical line connection between your residence and the ISP central station/DSLAM. With the mass of spaghetti phone/DSL lines you usually see strung on poles, buddings, trees, etc., and all of those lines going to junction boxes which don't seem protected from the environment too well, a "bad line connection" (especially for DSL) is so easy to occur. But once you get a good physical line connection you'll probably have a reliable connection from your ISP, although you may not (probably won't) be happy with the max speed available to your residence.

Two different people can be on the same ISP speed plan and live close together but get vastly different reliability and speed results.....and this same thing can happen if these two people are with two different ISPs. Just do a search on ThaiVisa and you will see plenty of people who say True/TOT/3BB/etc works fine for them and you will also see plenty of people who say True/TOT/3BB/etc suck. Well, you'll probably see more people complaining because it's human nature to be more vocal about a problem than when there is no problem.

I've been with the TOT 2Mb Goldcyber plan (that sucked and I canceled within 6 weeks), I then switched to a JINET (and ISP concessionaire on TOT lines) 2Mb plan for 15 months which worked fine but was pricey, I then switched back to TOT when they came out with their 4Mb plan (worked fine), upgraded to the TOT 6Mb plan around 15 months later (worked fine), and then when True installed cable TV/internet to my moobaan almost 2 months ago I switched to their 20Mb/2Mb. The TOT 4Mb and 6Mb plans and the JINET 2Mb plan were very reliable "for me" but had a hard time doing streaming video....as mentioned I've been with True cable one and half months and it been up 100% of the time and has no problem with streaming video. Now do those searches I mentioned and you'll find plenty of people who will say their TOT and True internet connections suck and others who say they work fine. I've never had the chance to try 3BB....but once again you'll see folks both praise and cuss 3BB. Although I've talked about having a good "reliable" result with TOT and did get the speed advertised I see in your second post your experience was bad...just another example of different results due to Location, Location, Location.

I really feel it boils down to luck of the draw in Location, Location, Location and the quality of the physical line to your residence. Personally, I wouldn't say goodbye to True just yet but instead try some face-to-face communications with them at a Service Center. "Maintain your cool," but be sure they understand you are not a satisfied customer, especially regarding the DSL pricing for your 4Mb DSL line since prices have come down so much for higher speed plans. Good luck.

Hey ,

Two years they had a promotion for 4 mb adsl for 799 baht not including vat a month ok was a good promotion two years ago but now they are giving away 7 mb for 599,

i contacted them several times and they said 4 mb is the maximum your house can get considering the distance i asked for a discount they said they will contact me back.

never they insisted me calling again so few days ago someone from true called me and said they are not able to provide a discount due to the fact i have to change promotion but changing

cannot happen because of maximum speed in my area is 4 mb this just sucks i live in sukhumvit soi 31 just few blocks away from the prime minister house and all they can provide me 4 mb.

Secondly true again called me the other day and said since my area is available for there cable internet i can apply and have better download speed so i chose there 20/2 mb package and

my appointment date was just after two days.

After two days they come to my door and say sorry your house is 150 meters far so i cant get cable high speed i was really pissed.

so the next day i contacted the true call center and they had no idea the order was canceled and they said they will try to get cable modem for my house in 2 months.

Hi All,

I had the same issue as OP. They told me on my connection 4Mbit is the max. But I told them, ok then I want the new promotion of 6mb for 599 baht (since I paid 899 for 4Mbit :angry: ) and I know I cannot go faster than 4Mb. They (at the True shop inside Lotus Saphan Mai) told me, not possible. I said, I still want it. If not I will cancel. I told them to CALL the True callcenter (from their True shop!). After that phonecall they told me (they were suprised as well), ok it is possible to switch to the new promotion AND you will get an extra discount because True cannot deliver 6Mbit (only 4). So after that I paid 579baht (ex vat) for a 4Mbit connection (20 baht discount :cheesy: ). When doing speedtests I got 5Mbit by the way :huh: Before that I paid 899 (ex vat) for a 4Mbit connection.

So as for the price it was ok, BUT the speed totally sucks. I have used this connection about 4 or 5 years and in the beginning I choose for their premium package (which supposed to have better international bandwidth). That was actually quite good I have to say! But their speeds are going down over the years (most likely because more users). I couldn't even watch youtube (unless you wait some time until the movie has loaded!). A few years ago there was no problem to watch youtube and connect to international sites. I just moved to another house, so it was a good time to dump True.

Now I want a 3BB connection (from what I hear they are better, but then again some people also complain about them), but for the moment they say all connections in my neighbour are full (actually it's good that they limit this). I need to wait about a month they say. Well let's see.

Anyone out there who is using True on Cable? If so I would like to hear your experiences with this.

Edited by Cheops

Update:

A sales representative from true called me yesterday they asked me if i would like to subscribe to there High speed cable internet i was surprised as Earlier i tried to apply and they told me its not possible because the coaxial cable only supports a max of 100 meters and my house was 150. now im confused as earlier i was refused i still havent told the sales representative that earlier i tried to apply but couldn't because of the distance of my house. Do you think i should risk my time again running around for the copies of passport etc and a risk of denial on the day of appointment or what?

I always knew true direct sales team had upper hand then true's useless call center biggrin.gif

Update:

A sales representative from true called me yesterday they asked me if i would like to subscribe to there High speed cable internet i was surprised as Earlier i tried to apply and they told me its not possible because the coaxial cable only supports a max of 100 meters and my house was 150. now im confused as earlier i was refused i still havent told the sales representative that earlier i tried to apply but couldn't because of the distance of my house. Do you think i should risk my time again running around for the copies of passport etc and a risk of denial on the day of appointment or what?

I always knew true direct sales team had upper hand then true's useless call center biggrin.gif

I'm not sure why you didn't tell the sales rep. about your previous experience? They might have been able to explain what happened, and why you may be able to get DOCSIS now. Seems like the perfect opportunity to get more detail? The True DOCSIS service is getting generally positive reviews, and your DSL service seems limited owing to the cabling (quality, distance from CO, etc.), so why not go for it again?

Update:

I'm not sure why you didn't tell the sales rep. about your previous experience? They might have been able to explain what happened, and why you may be able to get DOCSIS now. Seems like the perfect opportunity to get more detail? The True DOCSIS service is getting generally positive reviews, and your DSL service seems limited owing to the cabling (quality, distance from CO, etc.), so why not go for it again?

I didn't share my previous experience with her because of the the fact that i dont wanna hear the denial of service over the phone without them physically trying, however i asked her multiple times are you sure my house can support your true cable internet and she replied of-course yes because my computer is showing your house can support

when i first tried to applied few weeks ago i asked the call centre if my house supports true cable internet and they said there computer is showing so there is no problem, however on the day of appointment they said coaxial cable can only go as far as 100 meter anything more then that will affect the quality of signal my house was 150 meters far from it.