Israeli Woman Loses $3700 After She Left Bag

britmaveric

Israeli Family loses 3,700 US Dollars after bag theft in hotel reception toilet.

An interesting case now from the Pattaya Park Beach Resort in Jomtien. Local Police deal with cases of theft from hotel rooms on a regular basis, however this case is slightly different and serves as a warning to tourists who carry large amounts of money with them. Mrs. Kirshner Merav aged 37 from Israel has come to Thailand with her family and did not expect to have her face on local TV. She tells us that she went to use the reception toilet and forgot her handbag which she placed on a door handle before she entered one of the cubicles. When she eventually realized she has forgotten her bag, she returned to the toilet to find her handbag in the bin and 3,700 US Dollars which was inside the bag gone. Hotel staff and management cooperated fully with the family and advised them to make a report of the theft at the Dongtan Police sub-station on Jomtien Beach. We advise you not to carry large sums of money with you and ensure that valuables and foreign currency which you do not intend to use on that day should be kept in a safe box. Many hotels will provide a safe inside the room or safe boxes are often available at your hotel reception for free or are subject to a small fee.

-Pattaya City News

Tuesday 25th October 2005

God, I have left my purse on the handle before, but I always remember as I walk out of the stall and I NEVER have $3700 in cash in my purse!!!!!

I feel sorry for the whole family, sounds like their holidays could be ruined because of inexperience, naivete and foolishness.

God, I have left my purse on the handle before, but I always remember as I walk out of the stall and I NEVER have $3700 in cash in my purse!!!!!

I feel sorry for the whole family, sounds like their holidays could be ruined because of inexperience, naivete and foolishness.

Travelers Cheques - guess they never heard of them. :o

Can't think of any practical reason one would carry so much cash on their person in LOS ($3700) other than being from Israeli and ...

... (ok, bite your tongue, don't type it, bite your tongue, don't type it ..) :o

Can't think of any practical reason one would carry so much cash on their person in LOS ($3700) other than being from Israeli and ...

... (ok, bite your tongue, don't type it, bite your tongue, don't type it ..)  :o

Dont know, i think whoever stole it was very brave. If i seen an israeli leaving baggage unattended in a hotel i wouldnt be brave enough to stick me hand in the bag, more like id be running before im blown to bits!!!!!! lol

(Old joke coming)

Moog: "The people in Pattaya are so honest"

Maveric "Are they really?"

Moog " Yes, last week I left my wallet in the toilet and when I went back today it was still there"

Maveric "What the wallet?"

Moog "No the toilet"

Of course when we do this on stage, Maveric usually ruins the joke by getting muddled and saying "What the toilet?"

(Old joke coming)

Moog: "The people in Pattaya are so honest"

Maveric "Are they really?"

Moog " Yes, last week I left my wallet in the toilet and when I went back today it was still there"

Maveric "What the wallet?"

Moog "No the toilet"

Of course when we do this on stage, Maveric usually ruins the joke by getting muddled and saying "What the toilet?"

:o

Israeli Family loses 3,700 US Dollars after bag theft in hotel reception toilet.

She tells us that she went to use the reception toilet and forgot her handbag which she placed on a door handle before she entered one of the cubicles.

-Pattaya City News

So are we to conclude that the bag was left on the outside of the cubicle?

Oy veh! :o

She tells us that she went to use the reception toilet and forgot her handbag which she placed on a door handle before she entered one of the cubicles.

-Pattaya City News

So are we to conclude that the bag was left on the outside of the cubicle?

Oy veh! :o

Missed that. No woman leaves her purse on the handle outside the cubicle.

I don`t know of any insurance company that would pay out.

She had not excercised `Reasonable Care`. :o

Really depends on which insurance company you use, but for a fact not many cover than much in cash. Around 1000US cash claim is usually about the max, often it's 500US or less.

Travel insurance see's it that you should have travelers cheques and/or cards, and you should only need enough cash for days to day things. That is why large amounts of cash are never covered.

I think she stands to loose most of the $. Unless she has a very good insurance policy.

She deserves to loose it anyway for being so stupid, I feel sorry for the family though if it is their entire spending money.

assuming that this is a case of forgetfulness , i find it strange that this woman should come in for so much negative criticism.

out of her normal environment and routine , in a foriegn country , one moments forgetfulness and she has lost her cash. its easy to do. could happen to anybody.

i would save my negative comments for the dishonest member of staff or customer who found and probably took the money.

if it was an insurance scam , then the claim would surely be for cameras , jewellery etc. its common knowledge that they dont pay out much for cash losses.

"i would save my negative comments for the dishonest member of staff or customer who found and probably took the money."

Agreed, whoever took it is the villain here, not the woman however stupid she was. In a perfect world we could all leave our doors unlocked, and let our childeren go to play in the park on their own.

Unfortunatley it's not a perfect world, which means we have to take due dilligence, she didn't.

why is everyone blameing the staff,could of been anyone who ventured in to the toilet we dont no how long a time frame we are talking about,now anyone on here if you found a hand bag with that kind of money would you hand it in ??.

i would be very tempted too keep the money and i no most on here would too,i would think stupid bitch leaving that kind of money deserves to loose it,but on the other hand i believe in karma and would probally hand it in.

i no i it is in the ladies and i should'nt be in there in the first place.

had a very simular experience at don muang last year where in a cubical a bum bag was hanging from the coat hanger inside the toilet so i informed the flight staff and they retrieved it,yes i was tempted to look in there but i thought about what if there is a hidden camera and i didnt,it ended up belonging to a chinese guy who didnt even thank me oh well i hope i got good karma.

once again , a persons two seconds of forgetfulness brings down so much wrath and foul insults , she is forgetful thats all , where does the 'bitch" part of it enter the equation , yet we are supposed to feel sorry for the thief who , poor thing , when confronted with a bagful of cash , has got the neither the honesty or decency to try and return the money to its rightful owner nor the willpower to resist the temptation to steal it.

the insults should be directed at the thief , not the victim.