Thailand To Buy 20,000 Guns

stumonster

The terrorists are hoping to create panic, rash actions, and unthinking responses to achive an effect of alienating southern muslims from the rest of Thailand. I'm sure if they were here they'd thank you for helping towards achiving their goals.  :o

People who over-react and make statements like the above are every terrorist's dream.

cv

I've been around long enough to know the standard line of why terrorist do what they do. If they thank anyone, it will be the people who control the media. I dont think I am over reacting, I think some people are under reacting.

I think its people who live in a fantasy world and think peace will eventually show up and get rid of the Muslim terrorist are the ones who make this last longer and longer.

How many countries with a Muslim terrorist problem ever reach peace?

What makes you think they are not here. I'm sure they read Thaivisa, the Bangkok Post, The Nation, USA Today, New York Times, LA Time and every other major newspaper in the world.

They depend on people praying for peace to keep the governments from rushing in and destroying their plans.

So you see, those pushing for a peaceful resolution are as much to blame for the continued violence as those shouting for government to use a heavy hand.

I'm sure if they were here they would thank you for doing your part in keeping the government off their back.

I'm sure if they were here they would thank you for doing your part in keeping the government off their back.

I don't want the government off their back, in fact I think we should be hunting down terrorists all over the world, muslim or otherwise. I simply don't want all muslims tagged as being part of a whole big conspiricy. There are too many of them who have contributed great things to the world, who have ignored the politics and raised their families to be peaceful and non-violent, and even a couple I know who have put their lives at great risk serving on front lines in places like Kandahar and Tora Bora. You'd want to think twice before telling them all muslims are responsible for terrorism.

cv

I don't want the government off their back, in fact I think we should be hunting down terrorists all over the world, muslim or otherwise. I simply don't want all muslims tagged as being part of a whole big conspiricy. There are too many of them who have contributed great things to the world, who have ignored the politics and raised their families to be peaceful and non-violent, and even a couple I know who have put their lives at great risk serving on front lines in places like Kandahar and Tora Bora. You'd want to think twice before telling them all muslims are responsible for terrorism.

cv

I know your right about that. I'm just angry.

It seems some Muslims think they are at the top of the food chain and try to fight the whole world for whatever cause they believe in. These few expect the whole world to bow to their wishes.

Since they are fighting for Allah and the Islamic way of life, I would expect Muslims of all nationalities to stand up and condem what they are doing instead of offering them a shoulder to cry on.

Is there something in the Koran that says it is a sin to sit back and watch while bad men do evil.

I'm not sure what side of the fence the Muslims are on. Either they are with the terrorist or against them.

I can't tell because I don't hear any Muslims condeming the violence.

I'm sure there are many peaceful, non-political Muslims who do condem the violence. They need to organize and make their voice heard.

For now, the only ones I hear are the terrorist.

In keeping the faith with this topic,....I guess thats why Thailand needs 20,000 M16s.

If you look through back issues of The Nation you'll see muslims condemning the terrorists in the south (though not nearly as loud as they could). Part of it seems to stem from the fact that these "warriors" have a penchant for attacking unarmed schools in the middle of the night.

I think muslims do have to be more vocal in opposition though because they suffer as much from the terrorism as anyone else.

On the other hand when I see people braving bombs and death threats to cast a vote in Iraq, with a better turnout than in many western democracys, I have some hope. Those people are the real muslim heros, not the cowards setting schools on fire.

cv

I spent two years dealing with islamic extremists, terrorists, murderers whatever you want to call them.  You can't negotiate, you can't understand, you can't pay them off (ask Spain and Saudi Arabia) you can't ignore them.  What can you do?  You kill them, and you keep killing them until the price becomes to high for them.  If they keep coming, then you kill them again.  They will kill you, children, old people and even their own-they will blow up schools, churches and even their own mosques.  What is victory?  When they are destroyed.  Thailand, Land of Smiles, now faces that problem.  If you ignor it they will become stronger.  Destroy them now.

What the? Who the.....?

MODERATOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

How about brand new AK47s still in their grease proof paper at US$12.50 each?

Cambodia has a large supply.

The problem is that the magazine holds 30 rounds and a bullet costs US$1.

So that it is rather like the Polaroid camera-

cheap to buy but expensive to load

I spent two years dealing with islamic extremists, terrorists, murderers whatever you want to call them.  You can't negotiate, you can't understand, you can't pay them off (ask Spain and Saudi Arabia) you can't ignore them.  What can you do?  You kill them, and you keep killing them until the price becomes to high for them.  If they keep coming, then you kill them again.  They will kill you, children, old people and even their own-they will blow up schools, churches and even their own mosques.  What is victory?  When they are destroyed.  Thailand, Land of Smiles, now faces that problem.  If you ignor it they will become stronger.  Destroy them now.

If you spent even two years dealing with this issue then you should have learned by now the issue is complex enough to the point that it will not be solved by military means alone, especially when the politicians in the US are such bozos when it come to using military force and the leaders of the US military are such chickensheets when it comes to telling their political bosses they are idiots. That does not negate your point, as I agree this is a war against a well organized insurgency (I don't look at it as "mere" terrorism) that must be waged on the military front relentlessly. But the causes that feed this insurgency must also be addressed.

What the? Who the.....?

MODERATOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He was directing the tirade against the extremists, not muslims as a whole. No problems there. It's when people make short sighted attacks on a people as a whole that we step in.

cv

terrorists yes. I don't care if they're a girl scout group packing guns to take down the government. Extremists must be dealt with using extreme measures before they cow the population as is what is happening in the middle east. It will come to the point where the local populace will fear the terrorists more than they support their own government. The government has to step in and show the people that they are there for them. If they don't, then the people will just look away and ignore the problem. The way to defeat this evil is to support the people, show them they can believe in the government and they will turn on the bad guys. Believe me, I've seen what these animals have done to their own, they are very bad people and they hate you because you are free.

I spent two years dealing with islamic extremists, terrorists, murderers whatever you want to call them.  You can't negotiate, you can't understand, you can't pay them off (ask Spain and Saudi Arabia) you can't ignore them.  What can you do?  You kill them, and you keep

If you spent even two years dealing with this issue then you should have learned by now the issue is complex enough to the point that it will not be solved by military means alone, especially when the politicians in the US are such bozos when it come to using military force and the leaders of the US military are such chickensheets when it comes to telling their political bosses they are idiots. That does not negate your point, as I agree this is a war against a well organized insurgency (I don't look at it as "mere" terrorism) that must be waged on the military front relentlessly. But the causes that feed this insurgency must also be addressed.

our military is tied by the politicians who govern us. we abide by a code of conduct and rules. terrorists watch the news, too, and can see our politicians calling for troop withdrawl or a timeline-why not just wait until we leave if there is a timeline. where were these terrorists when Saddam was crushing the shiite tribes to the south or the Kurds to the north. Islamic terrorism is not about creating a protecting an islamic world, it is only about hate against free people. How long can Thailand be far off from a major attack? Pattaya, anyone? BKK nightlife? Until the Muslim world stands together and condemns such attacks, then the rest of us have to deal with it. The I.R.A. was finally forced to the peace table because the Catholic majority in Ireland finally stood up and said 'enough'. How long are you willing to wait for that happen now. After 3000 in 9/11, Spain, England, India. I've seen children beaten to death for accepting food and candy from U.S. soldiers-I don't care about their underlying reasons for being what they are.

I spent two years dealing with islamic extremists, terrorists, murderers whatever you want to call them.  You can't negotiate, you can't understand, you can't pay them off (ask Spain and Saudi Arabia) you can't ignore them.  What can you do?  You kill them, and you keep

our military is tied by the politicians who govern us. we abide by a code of conduct and rules. terrorists watch the news, too, and can see our politicians calling for troop withdrawl or a timeline-why not just wait until we leave if there is a timeline. where were these terrorists when Saddam was crushing the shiite tribes to the south or the Kurds to the north. Islamic terrorism is not about creating a protecting an islamic world, it is only about hate against free people. How long can Thailand be far off from a major attack? Pattaya, anyone? BKK nightlife? Until the Muslim world stands together and condemns such attacks, then the rest of us have to deal with it. The I.R.A. was finally forced to the peace table because the Catholic majority in Ireland finally stood up and said 'enough'. How long are you willing to wait for that happen now. After 3000 in 9/11, Spain, England, India. I've seen children beaten to death for accepting food and candy from U.S. soldiers-I don't care about their underlying reasons for being what they are.

Trying to retain this as a Thailand discussion and as such how this relates to Thailand and not the US or Iraq, one needs to remember that the politicians and by proxy, the military here, do NOT abide by a code of conduct or rules... e.g. Tak Bai massacre and Mosque storming and the historical indifference with resultant lower economic opportunities and etc.....

It changes the situation here for the local populace when they are compelled to fear the government AND the extremists, who both utilize brutality and injustice. I'm sure they want to stand up and tell BOTH groups, "enough."

Edited by howler

Self edited....sorry just having a bad day. Very loud EXPLOSIONS will do that to you :o