Infected Wound

eek

:rolleyes:

You should NEVER not take a small cut that seems to possibly be infected or red and sore to lightly.

Let me tell you my experience.

About 5 years ago I accidently stepped on a small sharp stone and got a small cut in between the toes of my right foot.

I didn't think much about it, but as it became sore and red I went to a doctor. He gave me a shot and some

pills for the infection.

I took them and it appeared that the problem was clearing up.

The doctor told me that I could renew the prescription if I needed to, but I decided not to as the infection was almost gone.

A week later I was in hospital with a infection in my right leg and it was spreading in my blood. I spent a week in that hospital getting rid of that infection. A lot of IV's and antibotics required.

It caused some nerve/tissue damage in my lower right leg and I have some minor mobility problems and muscle weakness in that right leg and foot today.

That's why you should NEVER be careless with any infection.

Read and learn from my experience.

:whistling:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes:

You should NEVER not take a small cut that seems to possibly be infected or red and sore to lightly.

Let me tell you my experience.

About 5 years ago I accidently stepped on a small sharp stone and got a small cut in between the toes of my right foot.

I didn't think much about it, but as it became sore and red I went to a doctor. He gave me a shot and some

pills for the infection.

I took them and it appeared that the problem was clearing up.

The doctor told me that I could renew the prescription if I needed to, but I decided not to as the infection was almost gone.

A week later I was in hospital with a infection in my right leg and it was spreading in my blood. I spent a week in that hospital getting rid of that infection. A lot of IV's and antibotics required.

It caused some nerve/tissue damage in my lower right leg and I have some minor mobility problems and muscle weakness in that right leg and foot today.

That's why you should NEVER be careless with any infection.

Read and learn from my experience.

:whistling:

Totally agree! NOW that is! I had no idea myself!

The infection spread so fast that in order for it not to spread further and become lethal, i nearly lost my foot. I dont think ive ever been so scared when i found out that. So many ivs, my body took a real bashing...and all the while im lying there wondering if my body is going to finally fight this..or will i need to lose my foot..

I feel very lucky. It was stressed how lucky i was.

I day or two more, had i left it thinking it will eventually clear up, i dont know if i would even be here now..

I only went in to hospital to have it checked because i googled about the redness and decided i should maybe just go and have a doc take a look. Thought i would have nothing to worry about really. Even thought it was silly of me to be going along in the first place.

Never again.

Im glad you came out of it too, but sorry to hear some damage was done.

---

To everyone, thank you again for well wishes. :)

Edited by eek

I just read your ordeal. I didn't know until just right now. I am happy to hear things are getting better for you and that you have all your limbs and life!! Having come off the bike a few times with minor bruises, cuts and road rash...I always cleaned out my wounds but was not aware that things could turn out so tragically from a small wound in such a short amount of time. I wish you a speedy recovery! :jap:

• 2 months later...