Refused Visa In Vientiane

Got refused visa at Vientiane yesterday morning. Gutted man. My last TR visa was Aug last year but with the deadly red warning stamp above it saying that I may not get a visa in the future. Gutted man, so I'm back in Thailand with the 15 day visa. The guy said that anybody with that red stamp will be refused a visa now.

What next? I only have 2 pages left in my British passport so I could send off for a new passport from Hong Kong. That or try a different consulate in a diff country? Any thoughts? My flight home is Oct 3rd and was planning to get my new passport then.

You may still have to produce your old passport as the new one won't show your entry into Thailand...If you can get a new passport and get that stamped in Cambodia you might be ok. Vientiane's red stamp has been something to punish those suspected of visa abuse, a not so ' land of smiles' kick in the ass ...up to them to make long time guests less welcome....

Good luck with this...

Get a new passport, do a one day bounce to get another 15 days, thereby removing the need to produce old passport at embassy. Then go back and try again. I did exactly that at Kota Baru, Malaysia and it worked- my consecutive TR visa count was reset :)

i did my with new passport this monday. The problem I had was need to show a copy of the latest turistvisa.

so they know now that i hade one before(had more) so nex time they can see that, so next time they can refuse. Im going for ED visa after this 6 months, to much gambling at the moment. I whas with 2 russian and they both hade 2 turist visa already but the lady inside was nice and sayd right a letter and tell way u stay longer, they did get singel entry at least but red stamp and there were pissed of.should be happy not 15 days.

i did my with new passport this monday. The problem I had was need to show a copy of the latest turistvisa.

so they know now that i hade one before(had more) so nex time they can see that, so next time they can refuse. Im going for ED visa after this 6 months, to much gambling at the moment. I whas with 2 russian and they both hade 2 turist visa already but the lady inside was nice and sayd right a letter and tell way u stay longer, they did get singel entry at least but red stamp and there were pissed of.should be happy not 15 days.

You did "what" with your new passport and "where" ?B)

The last 11 months I have been working in India then flew into Thailand last month on a 30 day visa. Immigration told me on the phone just to take new passport there and they transfer your current visa stamp from old to new passport. Easy. Think I will post off to Hong Kong today as it's not worth the travelling costs and risk again in Cambodia. Brand new passport is 7500 baht then I'll have a clean slate. My current and almost full passport has 7 TR visas since 2007 all done in Vientiane.

Russians get 30 days, also at land borders.

The last 11 months I have been working in India then flew into Thailand last month on a 30 day visa. Immigration told me on the phone just to take new passport there and they transfer your current visa stamp from old to new passport. Easy. Think I will post off to Hong Kong today as it's not worth the travelling costs and risk again in Cambodia. Brand new passport is 7500 baht then I'll have a clean slate. My current and almost full passport has 7 TR visas since 2007 all done in Vientiane.

At current exchange rate a British Passport is under 7000. That includes the DHL fee too.

What did you use for the last year after the red stamp

You're automatically assuming he's been living in Thailand full time. Some people are genuine tourists, you know.

To the OP: You'll get a tourist visa in Phnom Penh.

• 4 weeks later...

The people at banana guest house say you can only get 3 TR per yer maximum. They said Apparently it's the farang working as dive instructors illegally (on tourist visas) that spoil it for us genuine tourists spending longer periods in Thailand not working. That's when applying for visas in Penang anyway.

Edited by lapster

The people at banana guest house say you can only get 3 TR per yer maximum. They said Apparently it's the farang working as dive instructors illegally (on tourist visas) that spoil it for us genuine tourists spending longer periods in Thailand not working. That's when applying for visas in Penang anyway.

I doubt a few diving instructors is what is spoiling it for genuine tourist visa applicants in Penang. They give out tourist visas like candy to Filipinos in Phnom Penh and most of them surely aren't "genuine tourists". I saw one Filipino's passport with 3 in a row double entry tourist visas from Phnom Penh (after 2 from Vientiane - 5 in total) and she's going for a new one later this week - not a red warning stamp in sight. Her sister came back a few days ago with a double entry. They seem so confident that new double entry tourist visas are there for the taking that they only go 4 months on a double entry to save money on extensions.

While others stress out here looking for advice these people just float from one tourist visa to the next. Visa runs are considered to be enjoyable social events where they meet fellow countrymen and make new friends.The only complaint you sometimes hear is that it is expensive to live in Thailand this way. Many others aren't concerned because their employers pay for the visas.

It would seem these days it's who you know. For only 5,700 baht they relax in a Poipet hotel while an agent does all the running around. All accommodation, transport and food is included...

... yet genuine tourists are languishing in Vientiane and Penang wondering what to do next. If you want to get things done, follow the Filipino community. They never fail to live here permanently on tourist visas. They always find a way.

I've been offering these clues for years, but people just don't pay attention and waste their time on dead end visa runs. Of course Filipinos don't post much on this forum and don't advertise how easy it is for them. You have been told.

Note: I don't know the agents they use. Do your own homework. My Filipino wife and I are now relaxing on retirement extensions.

Edited by tropo

What did you use for the last year after the red stamp

You're automatically assuming he's been living in Thailand full time. Some people are genuine tourists, you know.

To the OP: You'll get a tourist visa in Phnom Penh.

Do not get youself in an uproar assuming I was assuming anything.