Shops Of Equipment

Skinlog

I picked up a nice Shoei helmet and some Sidi boots at the Paddock on Ratchadapiesek yesterday. It's a very large shop with loads of stuff. You could also try Panda Riders on Phohoynthin 51. I'm not sure which one is closest to Silom though. Best of luck.

Brian

I picked up a nice Shoei helmet and some Sidi boots at the Paddock on Ratchadapiesek yesterday. It's a very large shop with loads of stuff. You could also try Panda Riders on Phohoynthin 51. I'm not sure which one is closest to Silom though. Best of luck.

Brian

Thanx Brian,

what about the prices in Paddock.not expansive?

Brian

Thanx Brian,

Some things are expensive as they are imported but they have quite a good sale on at the moment, I just bought a jacket & boots from there that were much cheaper than in America which is usually the cheapest country in the world.

http://www.paddock.co.th/2011/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=97&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53

Brian

Thanx Brian,

Some things are expensive as they are imported but they have quite a good sale on at the moment, I just bought a jacket & boots from there that were much cheaper than in America which is usually the cheapest country in the world.

http://www.paddock.c...chk=1&Itemid=53

I second what Stu said. While some of their stuff is expensive, there is a range of products and prices to suit all budgets.

BUT BEWARE the extremely GRUMPY old chinese Thai women at the counter. Especially if you only select the discounted stuff :D:D:DB)B)

I know, she kept looking at me like I was going to steal something. Then when I asked to look at the Shoei helmet, she stated the price and didn't get it for me. I guess she sized me up and didn't think I could afford it. I had to ask three times before she would actually let me have a look at it.

BUT BEWARE the extremely GRUMPY old chinese Thai women at the counter. Especially if you only select the discounted stuff :D:D:DB)B)

i am planning to go there tomorrow. will let you know. is there close any BTS or MRT?

Paddock's a shithole. From the sour-faced Chinese mamasans to that snappy little lapdog that sleeps on the counter. They sell outdated gear and I have suspicions re. Chinese knockoffs. Avoid!

The choice of decent shops is sparse in Bangkok. Dirt Shop on Onnut targets Thai hi-so's and has some decent stuff but at astronomical prices. Panda Rider on Pahonyothin is the best of the bunch and offer gear at surprisingly decent prices but I'd recommend buying online if you know your sizes.

Aw, she's a bit rough the first couple times you meet her, but if you become a regular and she gets to know you she can actually be a sweetheart. :)

Aw, she's a bit rough the first couple times you meet her, but if you become a regular and she gets to know you she can actually be a sweetheart. :)

She certainly didn't have the sweetest disposition, but all of the other salespeople were all very friendly and helpful. The place certainly has character, atmosphere, and a lot of stock, that's for sure.

Paddock's a shithole. From the sour-faced Chinese mamasans to that snappy little lapdog that sleeps on the counter. They sell outdated gear and I have suspicions re. Chinese knockoffs. Avoid!

The choice of decent shops is sparse in Bangkok. Dirt Shop on Onnut targets Thai hi-so's and has some decent stuff but at astronomical prices. Panda Rider on Pahonyothin is the best of the bunch and offer gear at surprisingly decent prices but I'd recommend buying online if you know your sizes.

There are a couple of shops in Bangkok that openly sell knockoff riding gear, and this place is not one of them. Sure, some of the stuff was a bit outdated, but it was all real.

I agree with you on Panda though. I have been there several times and quite like it. It has a real western feel to it. They are very service minded and reasonable when it comes to giving discounts.

I'm not aware of anything near Silom selling riding gear.

Props to Panda Rider from me too.

It's a great shop with good prices for Thailand.

I got some Rev-it Tornado pants for 8000 baht after discount there.

That's the same as I would pay online in the US!

Paddock has something for everyone, high end expensive to cheap Chinese brands.

I've seen many of the top shelf helmets at Paddock are old which would be dangerous so make sure you check the date of manufacture sticker inside.

I like the cheap mesh gear they sell which I use for scootering.

Their boot shop next door is legit.

Last time I saw they had Sidi Crossfires for not much more than in the US.

Dirt Shop is kinda pricey but its all good stuff like Alpinestars and Shift is decent IMO.

Sadly with little competition these shops have monopolies on certain brands and can charge whatever they feel like.

Edited by ttakata

There are a couple of shops in Bangkok that openly sell knockoff riding gear, and this place is not one of them. Sure, some of the stuff was a bit outdated, but it was all real.

I agree with you on Panda though. I have been there several times and quite like it. It has a real western feel to it. They are very service minded and reasonable when it comes to giving discounts.

I bought an RS Taichi Jacket and AGV Sport boots, neither of which were copies. I know a knock-off when I see one and neither of my two purchases are. I know the Jacket has recently been discontinued which could be why it was so cheap but the boots are this years model and about $50 less than the cheapest I found in America.

Edited by skybluestu

I only bought one helmet and she was quite pleasant. Even gave me a complimentary T shirt and a flash light.

Is Rider's Club off Silom Soi 9/Sathorn 12 still there? It was expensive but then so is everywhere else.