Pigeons

Dellboy218

How to get rid of pigeons

I like step 9.. You will need to pick up an owl or falcon

I would recommend buying a slingshot.. You might not get rid of the pigeons but your aim will be great.

Yes I read that page. Could do with a few real ones around here to thin the pigeons out a bit. I have a BB but as with the feral cats, they just come back when you are not looking. Unfortunately one misguided local woman goes round the village putting food out for the poor street cats (!) Unfortunately the cats are so well fed they wont chase the pigeons who are equally well fed and of course they breed because of the food, more mouths to feed this woman puts out more food (Except near her own house) and so the cycle continues! I reckon I am going to need someone with a very long ladder to either spike or net all the places a pigeon can land. There must be some outfit around that does that.....................anyone?

Your best option would be to talk to the "misguided local woman" and tell her to stop feeding them, or else. ;)

How to get rid of pigeons

I like step 9.. You will need to pick up an owl or falcon

I would recommend buying a slingshot.. You might not get rid of the pigeons but your aim will be great.

Yes I read that page. Could do with a few real ones around here to thin the pigeons out a bit. I have a BB but as with the feral cats, they just come back when you are not looking. Unfortunately one misguided local woman goes round the village putting food out for the poor street cats (!) Unfortunately the cats are so well fed they wont chase the pigeons who are equally well fed and of course they breed because of the food, more mouths to feed this woman puts out more food (Except near her own house) and so the cycle continues! I reckon I am going to need someone with a very long ladder to either spike or net all the places a pigeon can land. There must be some outfit around that does that.....................anyone?

Your best option would be to talk to the "misguided local woman" and tell her to stop feeding them, or else. ;)

Yes, I quite agree. However, despite being asked by others not to do it she continues to put food out around empty houses. At least she does not put any around my house any more so I guess I do not have any direct reason to take it further. When it dries up, some more vixol/pepper mix will go back around my house!

• 1 month later...

Spike strips are very good, not 100 percent but certainly will reduce the problem massively. The trouble is I have looked around Pattaya and cannot find them anywhere - any ideas where to get them???

I would even drive quite a distance to get them. A one off trip to stop the pigeons trying to settle on my windowsills and ledges would be well worth the drive.

Buy yourself a Falcon...pigeons are a natural treat for them.

Falcon 'crap' sounds as messy and smelly as pigeon crap to me. biggrin.gif

Mind you a 'plastic' falcon or two around the place may be a good idea. Although a few plastic owls, which will scare off the pigeons (as I believe someone has already mentioned) would seem a good investment as well.

I must say the spike strips offer a much simpler solution, if only I could buy them over here.

Mind you a 'plastic' falcon or two around the place may be a good idea. Although a few plastic owls, which will scare off the pigeons (as I believe someone has already mentioned) would seem a good investment as well.

I must say the spike strips offer a much simpler solution, if only I could buy them over here.

Why not just make your own? Go buy a piece or pieces of wood that are about 1/2" thick and an inch or so wide. Next go and buy a bunch of chop sticks and cut them in half. Whittle down the small end to a point and then find a wood drill bit to match the size of the bottom diameter of your chop stick. Drill how ever many holes you think will do the trick and then stick the chop sticks into the hole with some white wood glue. You can put on a wood stain to achieve the color to match your house or whatever and either anchor them with a few lag screws or nails depending on what your attaching them to. Just an idea...

Why not just make your own? Go buy a piece or pieces of wood that are about 1/2" thick and an inch or so wide. Next go and buy a bunch of chop sticks and cut them in half. Whittle down the small end to a point and then find a wood drill bit to match the size of the bottom diameter of your chop stick. Drill how ever many holes you think will do the trick and then stick the chop sticks into the hole with some white wood glue. You can put on a wood stain to achieve the color to match your house or whatever and either anchor them with a few lag screws or nails depending on what your attaching them to. Just an idea...

I could make my own, with some wood and some long thin nails would be easier. Someone up the road has done just that. I have a two storey house and a lot of windowsills, so I am not that keen. I would rather just buy them.

When I did a search on TV I did not realise I had 'wandered' into the Chiang Mai forum. Sorry about that, I will wander back to the Pattaya forum and try again.

Have a great day in Chiang Mai.biggrin.gif

I have got

• 1 month later...

Good News in the fight against the winged Rat,s.

I E-mailed [email protected]

They came back with a price for 15 meters at 6K...

Not needing 15m, they have agreed to send a 5 meter strip to Pattaya for 2K.

Happy days.

After reading your email I had a look at Amazon.com, lots on there as well, very tempting!