Cost Of Redecorating/Refitting A Kitchen

My thai wife is just now building a new thai kitchen. Labour cost for a 6 metre counter is 5k bht. Tiles are extra, maybe 1500 bht. Double gas burner, good quality was 1100 bht. Double sink was 1700 bht. Throw in a few extras and it still shouldn't be much more.

Clearly can be as much or as little as you wish.

Index and others have pre made kitchen. You also have to ask what is it you want ? Thai or Western style ? How much storage ? Counter tops ?

sinks, faucets, cook tops, ovens hoods, the list goes on and on . . .

I spent just under 100,000 Bt for a nice Teak kitchen with upper and lower cabinets custom fitted with island and top of the line granite and appliances

Clearly can be as much or as little as you wish.

Index and others have pre made kitchen. You also have to ask what is it you want ? Thai or Western style ? How much storage ? Counter tops ?

sinks, faucets, cook tops, ovens hoods, the list goes on and on . . .

I spent just under 100,000 Bt for a nice Teak kitchen with upper and lower cabinets custom fitted with island and top of the line granite and appliances

Ditto, I had one installed by a builder from Knon Kaen. it was as good as any build in the US/UK for less than 25% of the US/UK price. I paid 250,000 baht for about a 30 square meter refit which included appliances, plumbing, marble flooring, granite kitchen tops and solid wood cabinets. Labor is practically free so you end up paying for materials as 80 -90% of your expense.

If she needs a Thai kitchen each cupboard insert will cost about 4000 baht....then bricks and tiles and the sink.

No more than 100000baht should give a luxury one 50000 would provide very good. This would also include painting the room and retiling the floor.

Edited by harrry

Thanks all, just needed an idea. She is a single lady in a small basic house, nothing like a western standards is necessary and would indeed look very out of place with the rest of the house. Replacement tiles, worktop and paint and a cupboard or two should suffice. Other people I have asked have said 10-20k should be about right.

Thanks all, just needed an idea. She is a single lady in a small basic house, nothing like a western standards is necessary and would indeed look very out of place with the rest of the house. Replacement tiles, worktop and paint and a cupboard or two should suffice. Other people I have asked have said 10-20k should be about right.

Sounds about right, anymore and someone is taking the piss.

Tiles 100 baht per box, cupboards 3000 baht each, try your local market for the Thai style cupboards even cheaper, worktop cant comment dont know dimensions, paint and labour, still have change from 20k, enough to give a bonus.