Swedish Slashers Confess To Phuket Police

webfact

a year later update...

Swedish murder case postponed

The trial of two Swedish men charged with killing a countryman on Phuket did not precede today, when two key witnesses and the prosecutor failed to attend the hearing at Phuket Provincial Court.

Tommy Viktor Suderlund and Johan Sebastian Ljung killed Maksim Schantz, their former partner in a call centre scam, August 1. 2011. The court had scheduled to interview Police Lieutenant Nanon Pitakkulthorn and Dr Surapong Sorjalern, of Vachira Phuket Hospital today, but neither of the two witnesses appeared in court, nor did the prosecutor Eaknara Lungsanam. The hearing was postponed until November.

The victim’s mother, Yvonne Schantz, is becoming concerned, that she would never learn the truth about the killing of her son. ''I have tried to call the policeman and the doctor many times, but there has been no answer,'' she said. ''Why does nobody want to give evidence in my son's case?''

Continues:

http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?coun_code=th&news_id=11012

ScandAsia - August 14, 2012

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Swedes were pacifists, as for this guy putting his address on Facebook after he rats out his criminal competition, well.

Good Job Thai Police Department!jap.gifwub.gif:welcomeani::Thaiflag:

:sorry:You guys are wonderful!

Yes I agree, The Thai Police have enough to look out for apart from people who think they can do what they like in Thailand, People think Thai police are not professional, and look down on them, try looking around the world then make a derogatory comment about Thai police.

a year later update...

Swedish murder case postponed

The trial of two Swedish men charged with killing a countryman on Phuket did not precede today, when two key witnesses and the prosecutor failed to attend the hearing at Phuket Provincial Court.

Tommy Viktor Suderlund and Johan Sebastian Ljung killed Maksim Schantz, their former partner in a call centre scam, August 1. 2011. The court had scheduled to interview Police Lieutenant Nanon Pitakkulthorn and Dr Surapong Sorjalern, of Vachira Phuket Hospital today, but neither of the two witnesses appeared in court, nor did the prosecutor Eaknara Lungsanam. The hearing was postponed until November.

The victim’s mother, Yvonne Schantz, is becoming concerned, that she would never learn the truth about the killing of her son. ''I have tried to call the policeman and the doctor many times, but there has been no answer,'' she said. ''Why does nobody want to give evidence in my son's case?''

Continues:

http://www.scandasia...h&news_id=11012

ScandAsia - August 14, 2012

I seem to have unwittingly broken one of the forum rules by linking to Phuket Wan. I was aware of the rule on Bangkok Post but missed this one. Actually I'd never heard of Phuket Wan until I found it through the link above. My apologies

There are a couple of posts suggesting the case was postponed due the the defendants running off and being out on bail. This isn't the case as can be seen by following the link in Buchholz's post. The defendants appeared in court in shackles and it was 2 witnesses (a policeman and a doctor) and the prosecutor that didn't turn up. The prosecutor was on holiday and the court hadn't heard from the other two. Since the judge, the victims mother, the media and the court officials were there it makes you wonder why they didn't seem to know about the hearing. Is treating the court in this way a serious matter as it is in most countries or is just one of those quaint Thai customs.