Mazda 2 Purchase

br12stol

Needed a small car as run around on outskirts Bangkok, not to much traffic about so decided Mazda 2 manual transmission would fit the bill and give a bit of fun when needed.

Went to new Mazda dealer on western ring road 9 Bang Yai, Nonthaburi cash purchase, and received the following deal.

Mazda 2 manual Trans list 535,000 bht Met gray colour 5 door hatchback

.Discount 10,000 bht

.Free 1st class insurance 1 year

.Free black leather with red stitching (had leather swabs in showroom and Display model with same upholstery, looks good quality)

.Free underseal and paint protection

.Free Lamina window tint mirror finish 60% windscreen 40%

.Free Chrome tail pipe

.Free Window visors

.Free Rear park sensors

.New stub ariel on roof to replace existing telescopic one

.Free registration blue book number plate

.Free fitted mats

.Free Parts in servicing pay labour only 3 years

.Free 24hr breakdown recovery

Ordered Tuesday pick up Friday pm had most colours in stock bar light mettalic blue, had test drive and was very impressed with nippy acceleration and sporty handling, all in all a decent deal I think ??

Edited by br12stol

Clearly depends on you and what you wanted ? Seems like you got most tossed in free as extras, however they are not moving as fast as some other cars right now. Clearly you could get other new cars for less, but again depends on you wants and desires.

With your money you chose Mazda 2

Good ! -.Discount 10,000 bht

Good if it really covers you if something happens -.Free 1st class insurance 1 year

Usually about 18,000 Btr extra and I like leather !.Free black leather with red stitching (had leather swabs in showroom and Display model with same upholstery, looks good quality)

Voodoo Magic IMO.Free underseal and paint protection

Every one gets tint !.Free Lamina window tint mirror finish 60% windscreen 40%

Not to my liking -.Free Chrome tail pipe

Good to keep car cool parken in the sun -.Free Window visors

I use the Brail system, bang bang !.Free Rear park sensors

I like the factory one, better reception -.New stub ariel on roof to replace existing telescopic one

Never purchased a car that did not get this -.Free registration blue book number plate

Mine came from the factory -.Free fitted mats

Mine is 3 years Parts and labor if anything breaks.Free Parts in servicing pay labour only 3 years

Lets hope you never need this on !.Free 24hr breakdown recovery

So why do they give you so much ?

So why do they give you so much ?

Mazda seem to be doing something right with the 2 . guess the Japan parts shortage is helping them with long waits for Honda and Toyota

Bangkok, July 11, 2011 – Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co, Ltd. achieved the highest 6-month sales in history after notching up 20,304 units, representing a growth of 20 per cent. Leading by a spearhead-model, a popular Mazda2, the sales flew above 2,000 units for 5 months in a roll. Followed by sales of the recently-launched All New Mazda3 2.0L were also spectacular. Still many orders are placed for this model. All New Mazda3 2.0L sales in June was 523 units and total Mazda3 sales reached up to 774 units. The company plans to concentrate on launching pro-active sales, after-sales and marketing strategies that respond to the lifestyles of each target customer group through customer engagement and targeted media marketing e.g. digital channel strategy.

Nice car sound's like a good deal only comment would be if you could afford automatic I think it will be easier to sell later.

Tried the Auto and did not like it's old 4 speed box which seemed to rev the hell out of the engine with little acceleration, would of got the powershift fiesta Auto for the extra TBH, but just liked the sporty feel of gearbox in the Manual. Got to be the cheapest fun car in Thailand @ 525k imho wink.gif

We will keep the 2 long term so re-sale not important

You got a great deal on a great car, well done.

Agreed, Cherpy Ride, this Auto Preferance is fine if youre in Citys, but for some of us who have been stuck with Company Rides that dont have a Manual Choise its a nice change.I cant wait to get back to a Little Flyer instead of my Bloody Great Fat Barge.

Cars at the 500,000 baht price range are basically the same. I checked out the Mazda 2 and it was basically the same as my 2005 Honda City.

It all depends on whether they keep the promises they made you to get you to buy it. A friend of my wife's just got a Mazda 3. Like you they offered her the Moon and part of Jupiter. She paid for it. They told her to take it home and when the freebees they offered got there, they would call her.

Well. Wouldn't you know. All the free things they promised never arrived. She is now driving a stock Mazda 3 with none of the things they promised.

So. If you get all those free things, then sure. Good deal.

Cars at the 500,000 baht price range are basically the same. I checked out the Mazda 2 and it was basically the same as my 2005 Honda City.

It all depends on whether they keep the promises they made you to get you to buy it. A friend of my wife's just got a Mazda 3. Like you they offered her the Moon and part of Jupiter. She paid for it. They told her to take it home and when the freebees they offered got there, they would call her.

Well. Wouldn't you know. All the free things they promised never arrived. She is now driving a stock Mazda 3 with none of the things they promised.

So. If you get all those free things, then sure. Good deal.

Dealer called yesterday afternoon to say car is back from workshop, so I went straight around there to examine my purchase. True to their word everything was as promised just had to tell them to remove the Lamina logo graphics from windows.

Going to collect it at 9am

PS: Well done on your cruze purchase, nice car smile.gif