Ants, Spiders And Mosquitoes

khunkeith

I retried and moved to Thailand 7 months ago. Since the rainy season started, hour house is being overrun with ants, mosquitoes and spiders. We have screens in every door and window. But, we both get bites from mosquitoes and spiders. Not to mention the ant problem. the little ants we got rid of by using the ant bait that they take back to the nests. However, those big black ants are still all over and won't take the ant bait. they make holes in plastic food containers we keep in the cupboards.

I am looking for one of those water activated bug bombs. we used them at our home in Florida and they worked great. Drop the container in a bit of water and a gas is generated that gets into every nook and cranny and leaves no residue like the aerosol ones leave.

My wife has tried to call exterminators but there are none close to us (Phetchabun province).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Surely there is a pest control company in Petchabun town, or otherwise Phitsanulok?

(Not sure where you are in Petchers; you may not be close to Phitsanulok of course)

Either way you only need to have them come a couple times a year, and totally blast your place. There are also the fixed implements that can be installed under your floors into the foundations. Those are then refilled twice a year.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You can get those water activated bug bombs in Tesco and Big C, at least here in Chiang Mai you can. I used one a few weeks ago. I have found the small botle of liquid insecticide used in a mains powered heater to be very effective at keeping mosquitos out of a room, even in a room with no mossy screens and open windows, the bottle lasting about 1 month if left on 24/7. A long time ago I also tried one of those small insecticide tablets that are placed on a small heater, I found those to be ineffective.

Hi,

We had the same problem with little tiny fire ants, but they would not take the ant bait. Ended up trying Chaindrite POWDER and it works great. When ever I see that they moved to a new area, just sprinkle a few puffs of powder and they are all gone.

Have never heard of Chaindrite powder, but sounds like just what I need. What is it? Where can one buy it please? Cheers.

moved to Thailand 7 months ago. Since the rainy season started, hour house is being overrun with ants, mosquitoes and spiders. We have screens in every door and window. But, we both get bites from mosquitoes and spiders.

Yes, it's not same as back home. You have to get used to this, or... ;)