I Bought A Chevy Cruze

Yeah, I too have been enjoying this, though obviously none of us is so naive as to buy the story lock, stock and barrel.

I'm also looking forward to reviews especially on the diesel Cruze and Captiva, as will seriously consider those if the reviews are good.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as usual MRO makes the most sense, I wouldn't buy this piece of dookie specially since i've been reading this thread...

Its been fun , but all its done for me is that every time i see a Snooze i shall and think the driver is suffering from P.M.T. from now on. Also what fantastic value the Honda City is for 5K.:jap:

Are the mods sleeping or something?

A new member comes onto TV Motoring with the member name "ThaiCruze", starts a thread about the Chev Cruze, then carries on to extoll the virtues of the Cruze with a seemingly endless barrage of posts, arguing with anyone that doesn't agree with his/her point of view.

Umm, guys, If this isn't the worst executed attempt at corporate social advertising ever, I'd hate to see the one that beats it.

Actually this is pretty good. at least there are real pictures of a Chevy Cruze....

over at the bike forum .. richard bkk is normally blatantly advertising for numerous Chinese bike manufacturers and openly slating the only Thai owned bike manufacturer.

But i agree that 'thaicruze' should really see a broader picture.. It does get a bit boring when you constantly criticize other peoples choices but then fail to accept criticism yourself.

ThaiCruze has to be excused. He has purchased a new car for the 3rd? time in his life, and is still sedated by the new car smell :lol: :lol: :lol:

I assume most readers are able to see his lack of facts, the disadvantages of buying and driving a Cruze, and lack of ability to see other cars advantages :rolleyes:

ThaiCruze has to be excused. He has purchased a new car for the 3rd? time in his life, and is still sedated by the new car smell :lol: :lol: :lol:

I assume most readers are able to see his lack of facts, the disadvantages of buying and driving a Cruze, and lack of ability to see other cars advantages :rolleyes:

Reminds me of being a besotted teen, full of love and lust (mostly lust actually), being overly protective, possessive and mildly aggressive. Perhaps thaicruze is a teen? He does after all address the young sales girl with the moustache as"Pee". biggrin.gif

Seriously though, for better smooth running, what we need is people to take things less seriously and less darn personally.

Wow. You're still arguing things you don't know anything about. All this time you never bothered to check out some information about it.

Let me try again

There's a 1.8 edition. Right? OK. The more options you want, the more expensive it gets. They are called the LS, LT and LTZ. That's it. End of story.

No. There are no other "optional" anything other than the options brochure they give you. Actually, you can even download this from the website, Which you obviously STILL haven't bothered to visit.

No. Nothing. That's it. LTZ is it. No more optional anything.

Not sure what "options" you're talking about since you are still ring extremely vague.

Also, you're changing the topic. This started by you guys saying that there was a "low spec" LTZ. That's ridiculous. Now you're onto, there must be some hidden "special options nobody knows about" that you can put in it. Of course, you still haven't given any examples as to what you mean by "extra options" exactly.

The extra options you can have are options such as, trunk plastic lining, trunk buckets, curtains, chrome package, lighting at your feet (blue lighting), CRUZE on you running board, etc.

That's it.

Specific to the Cruze, no i don't know anything about it. I was drawing on past experience with regards top models still having a long list of optional extras. Certainly the case when buying a top model BM or a Benz. Anyway, after initially aggressively rebutting the very idea that there were any extras whatsoever available for the LTZ, and saying "what do you mean? The LTZ is the top model, it has all the extras possible", you now accept there are some, albeit minor things. I do find it surprising that there are not more important things on the list, such as perhaps extra airbags, but as someone who has clearly devoted the recent part of their life to this machine, i accept what you say as being true. Is that fair enough, or will you feel the need once again to tell me how stupid and ignorant i am? Not to mention "English"!!! smile.gif

Perhaps you could accept that nobody has ever made the silly suggestion that it is possible to opt to have options taken off the LTZ to reduce the price?

Perhaps you could accept that nobody has ever made the silly suggestion that it is possible to opt to have options taken off the LTZ to reduce the price?

Jesus.. Here we go again.

If you take options OUT, then you have an LT.

Can you have an LTZ without cruise control? NO. Seriously.. Let it go.

As to all the other comments, it's not that I can't see the bad points about a Chevy Cruze. I just can't see the opinions of people who have never even been inside the car, which it's pretty much ALL of you. So, your opinions about the car don't really matter because you haven't even been inside of one.

Whether the Focus or the Lancer are better, that's a matter of opinion. Some will like the Cruze better and some won't. The one thing nobody can argue is that the Chevy Cruze is INFINITELY better than a Civic or a Corolla.

As to all the other comments, it's not that I can't see the bad points about a Chevy Cruze. I just can't see the opinions of people who have never even been inside the car, which it's pretty much ALL of you. So, your opinions about the car don't really matter because you haven't even been inside of one.

Whether the Focus or the Lancer are better, that's a matter of opinion. Some will like the Cruze better and some won't. The one thing nobody can argue is that the Chevy Cruze is INFINITELY better than a Civic or a Corolla.

disagree

Altis Corolla more rear seat space with more legroom, and qualified service and spareparts all over Thailand, and great secondhand value and reliability.

Civic handles, steer and brakes much better than both, and is almost on par with Toyotas dealer and parts network

Both 1,8 feels much more powerfull than Cruze 1,8

So based on these facts, Altis and Civic are MUCH better than Cruze :D

and I have driven Cruze, 1,8LTZ and a 1,6 cheapie. Not much to brag about :rolleyes:

its an average car in this segment, and its great crash safety scorings are not valid in Thailand, due to lack of the safety features providing these scores

Very strange thing, it's like Chevy suddenly remembered how to design a car that doesn't look like crap. That actually looks pretty nice. Even the Captiva has improved, at least on the front where it got some Cruze elements. And surprise, people buy it!

Interesting to hear it's good inside too. Now if they get the quality right then it should be a winner for years to come. Quality being a bit of a sore point for GM cars, at least historically.

One thing to remember is that GM, at least as you knew it, is dead. That GM or General Motors Corporation is now called Motors Liquidation Company.

The GM that made the Cruze and all the other models coming out is General Motors Company, technically a new GM. That's why the cars seem so radically improved. The New GM also killed many brands, including Daewoo. Someone here said the Cruze is just a Daewoo. No. It's a Chevy Cruze. In Australia is a Holden Cruze. Daewoo is one of the many that are no longer living. GM has GM Korea.

disagree

Altis Corolla more rear seat space with more legroom, and qualified service and spareparts all over Thailand, and great secondhand value and reliability.

Civic handles, steer and brakes much better than both, and is almost on par with Toyotas dealer and parts network

and I have driven Cruze, 1,8LTZ and a 1,6 cheapie. Not much to brag about :rolleyes:

its an average car in this segment, and its great crash safety scorings are not valid in Thailand, due to lack of the safety features providing these scores

That's your opinion.

A 1.8 Civic is a cheap tin can compared to a Cruze. It's loud, drives like shit and the seats are uncomfortable. Not much better than my 2005 City. Civic is pretty much the worse car out there in this segment, and the upcoming new one is even worse. Just another comment that confirms the fact you've never been inside a Cruze. If the Civic was better, I would've bought one, but my wife even said "we might as well just keep ours than buy this" when we test drove it.

and an Altis is a taxi.

As far as the safety ratings, it's the same car without the airbags. If you're a family man and you care about that, then fine, but it's mostly 1 person driving my car. ME. So, what do I need 10 airbags for? The Civic has the same number of airbags. 4. Now, if you've ever just lifted the hood in a Cruze and then lifted the hood in a Civic it is OBVIOUS that the Cruze is the better built car. A Cruze with 1 airbag is a safer car than a Civic with 4. The Civic will sever your legs anyway.

The frame of the car and the car itself is the same. You're still getting that same protection.

Edited by thaicruze

disagree

That's your opinion.

A 1.8 Civic is a cheap tin can compared to a Cruze. Civic is pretty much the worse car out there in this segment, and the upcoming new one is even worse. Just another comment that confirms the fact you've never been inside a Cruze.

and an Altis is a taxi.

Didn't someone showed a picture of a Cruze being used as an Taxi (with an TRD sticker, if I can remember it correctly) :whistling:

NOBODY said anything about taking options OUT.

What was spoken about was adding optional extras ON TOP of what the LTZ comes with. Yes i know, the LTZ is fully loaded, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't list extra options - as i said, they certainly do with other brands - so you acting as if it is some how ridiculous and stupid to suggest that a top model might have extra options is plainly wrong, even if that is the case with the LTZ.

Just another comment that confirms the fact you've never been inside a Cruze.

Not the first time you have straight out called a person a liar on this thread. Is that necessary? Can you not accept that someone has a different opinion? Borderline trolling IMO.

NOBODY said anything about taking options OUT.

What was spoken about was adding optional extras ON TOP of what the LTZ comes with. Yes i know, the LTZ is fully loaded, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't list extra options - as i said, they certainly do with other brands - so you acting as if it is some how ridiculous and stupid to suggest that a top model might have extra options is plainly wrong, even if that is the case with the LTZ.

Now you're just changing.

I don't want to quote again, but I've quoted you guys many times already. You were talking about the "cheaper LTZ". That's what you were talking about originally.

Here we go... This is how people catch themselves and try to change what they said. This is what was said

Cruze 1,8 LTZ is 998k baht, lowest spec with factory leather and 4 airbags. OP has a low spec with one airbag and aftermarket leather

Made sense to me. He wasn't saying the the LTZ was the lowest spec in the range, he was saying that if you buy the LTZ without any extras (ie lowest spec version of LTZ) it comes with leather and 4 airbags.

There you go. You and your buddy talking about a "Low Spec LTZ" WITHOUT any extras? :rolleyes: Jesus. There are NO EXTRAS! There is no LOW SPEC LTZ. It doesn't exist. There is the LS, LT and LTZ.

The LTZ costs 998,000 baht. It's not LOW SPEC, it's the price of the car loaded with everything that comes with it.

my god almighty.

It comes STANDARD with all the things it has. So, how can you get a "low spec LTZ without any EXTRAS" if you don't start taking options OUT?

Nobody ever heh? :rolleyes:

Edited by thaicruze

Now you're just changing.

I don't want to quote again, but I've quoted you guys many times already. You were talking about the "cheaper LTZ". That's what you were talking about originally.

Your reading or your memory, or both, are faulty.

Nobody said anything about "cheaper LTZ". KBB mentioned about the lowest spec LTZ, which you took to mean the LTZ was low spec, but which he meant to mean an LTZ as it comes as standard, from the factory, without any extras. Maybe it wasn't expressed clearly enough, but it was explained many times to clarify, but yet still you bang on about this business of someone claiming you could take options off the LTZ to make it cheaper - a stupid suggestion nobody has ever made.

Cruze 1,8 LTZ is 998k baht, lowest spec with factory leather and 4 airbags. OP has a low spec with one airbag and aftermarket leather

1.8LTZ is low spec?

That sentence made no sense

an LTZ as it comes as standard, from the factory, without any extras.

Can someone else explain this to this guy? He still doesn't get it. :whistling:

Cruze 1.8 - This is the Car.

LS - standard/base

LT - more extras

LTZ - even more extras

Maybe I should draw a diagram.

There you go. You and your buddy talking about a "Low Spec LTZ" WITHOUT any extras? :rolleyes: Jesus. There are NO EXTRAS!

Yes there are. You stated them yourself. Granted, minor options, but options none the less.

The extra options you can have are options such as, trunk plastic lining, trunk buckets, curtains, chrome package, lighting at your feet (blue lighting), CRUZE on you running board, etc.

With other makes the list is often much longer, and includes some more important stuff, such as extra safety features.

To repeat, the idea of a top model having extra options is not a stupid one. It happens to be true.

LS - standard/base

LT - more extras

LTZ - even more extras

Oke then, can you buy additional accessoires for an LTZ ?

disagree

That's your opinion.

A 1.8 Civic is a cheap tin can compared to a Cruze. It's loud, drives like shit and the seats are uncomfortable. Not much better than my 2005 City. Civic is pretty much the worse car out there in this segment, and the upcoming new one is even worse. Just another comment that confirms the fact you've never been inside a Cruze. If the Civic was better, I would've bought one, but my wife even said "we might as well just keep ours than buy this" when we test drove it.

and an Altis is a taxi.

As far as the safety ratings, it's the same car without the airbags. If you're a family man and you care about that, then fine, but it's mostly 1 person driving my car. ME. So, what do I need 10 airbags for? The Civic has the same number of airbags. 4. Now, if you've ever just lifted the hood in a Cruze and then lifted the hood in a Civic it is OBVIOUS that the Cruze is the better built car. A Cruze with 1 airbag is a safer car than a Civic with 4. The Civic will sever your legs anyway.

The frame of the car and the car itself is the same. You're still getting that same protection.

wondered how I managed to drive 2 different Cruze without being inside one? You are unbelievable :lol: :lol: :lol:

being T boned I wouldnt want to be in any of these tin cans, but choosing between Cruze 1 airbag and Civic 4 airbags, I take the Civic any day. In addition, despite your claims, speaking as an ex rally driver and factory test driver for years, I find it to handle, steer and brake much better. Dont know how many miles your wife has done, but I trust my own judgment over her any time :D

LS - standard/base

LT - more extras

LTZ - even more extras

Perhaps you are confused about the term "extra". It means something on top of how the car comes from the factory. The LTZ does not come with "even more extras", as you claim, it comes with more functions and features than the LT and the LS. These functions and features could be described as being "extras" on those lower models, as you have to pay extra to put them on. On the LTZ you do not. Hence, they are not "extra".

The LTZ does however, as with the lower models, have extras you can add - just not as many. You yourself have listed them.

wondered how I managed to drive 2 different Cruze without being inside one?

Perhaps like this?

post-48298-0-72650700-1314341964_thumb.j

He could have had the Seat in Black Leatherette.:D

Could have but would have looked out of place with the mop. Perhaps rubberised grip on the mop shaft?

wondered how I managed to drive 2 different Cruze without being inside one?

Perhaps like this?

post-48298-0-72650700-1314341964_thumb.j

He could have had the Seat in Black Leatherette.:D

Could have but would have looked out of place with the mop. Perhaps rubberised grip on the mop shaft?

I believe the mop is extra on the LTZ :D

and an Altis is a taxi.

Didn't someone showed a picture of a Cruze being used as an Taxi (with an TRD sticker, if I can remember it correctly) :whistling:

And here is a Taxi Cruze. I've seen 2 already

2c33babc.jpg

In my time here in Thailand, i've seen many cars as taxis. I've seen Mercedes C and E class, Mitsubishis, I think pretty much any car you can find as a taxi.

weekly174-1.jpg

Altis however IS the Thailand taxi. It also feels like it inside.

Even though I have seen Lancers as Taxis, i wouldnt feel like i was inside of one if I drove one.

post94692bw1.jpg

Porsche+Taxi.jpg

4187040431_ff61029dd1.jpg

Edited by thaicruze

Altis however IS the Thailand taxi. It also feels like it inside.

Indeed, although it should be remembered that the Altis most commonly used as a taxi is the LIMO version, which is a special, cheap, no frills affair, sold only for taxi-ing purposes.