I Bought A Chevy Cruze

Im too young for one but once im an old fart i would definitely say the Camry is a top notch car. Classy, Clean and decent overall. No personality though.

Cruze's + are : Cool design not Japanese, relaxed fun drive while still doing well once you move into maniac mode.

Accord(current ugly model) did not stand a chance versus those two cars. in my own opinion again.

Cruze only needs a turbo engine or 30-40 extra HPs and imo it would be the best affordable car in Thailand

Not too sure about this but i think the cruze might have a larger front and back window? looks easier to see around you in that car compared to the other two.

edit: dam_n auto correct again

Edited by thaiIand

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im too young for one but once im an old fart i would definitely say the Camry is a top notch car. Classy, Clean and decent overall. No personality though.

Cruze's + are : Cool design not Japanese, relaxed fun drive while still doing well once you move into maniac mode.

Accord(current ugly model) did not stand a chance versus those two cars. in my own opinion again.

Cruze only needs a turbo engine or 30-40 extra HPs and imo it would be the best affordable car in Thailand

Not too sure about this but i think the cruze might have a larger front and back window? looks easier to see around you in that car compared to the other two.

Unfortunately an extra 30 or 40 hp would raise it's cost and taxes considerably raising it into a whole new market making it no longer such a good value..

No My Company Leases the Range Rover, I retire soon so its Pedestrian Cars for me after that.Or Cough Up big money just to go to Lotus..That's why i called in from your initially balanced posts, and Ive also tried the Fords and Mazda's But youre so Full of Cruze you dont read other posters do you.:D

Well. You just spend your time at the dealers all day long.

How's rolling down the windows when it rains in the Ford? :D hahaha aha. That's the funniest post ever.

No My Company Leases the Range Rover, I retire soon so its Pedestrian Cars for me after that.Or Cough Up big money just to go to Lotus..That's why i called in from your initially balanced posts, and Ive also tried the Fords and Mazda's But youre so Full of Cruze you dont read other posters do you.:D

Well. You just spend your time at the dealers all day long.

How's rolling down the windows when it rains in the Ford? :D hahaha aha. That's the funniest post ever.

I'm still trying to work out the seat thing. ;)

The front and back windows are big. One of the selling pouts of the Cruze is the great visibility it offers. From the way you're sitting and the way the car is designed it's almost as if you had a view of every angle around your car just barely even moving your eyes. Very easy to drive.

Inalways felt in my City I was turning every which way to make sure I didn't run into someone.

I agree, the current t Accord is ugly as hell. The Civic is cheap as hell. Honda is not even a contender at this point, and from the terrible reviews the new 2012 Civic received, I think Honda will be out of it. Well, it already is. Just Thais like good little soldiers keep buying them, but that's going to change eventually. Especially when the new Aveo comes out.

The Camry Hybrid is a very nice car. The interior doesn't move me and I don't want to buy the car; but it sure is quality. In the US I think that's the Lexus ES.

The Civic is a cheap tin can. The doors don't even close right.

The contenders now are Focus, Mazda 3, Lancer EX, Cruze.

The Fiesta and the Mazda 2 are in a category with the City. That's something else.

The English won't go for the Cruze because it's a Chevy, it's not a Ford Hatchback. They would rather just go along and get a Civic (they say because of resale value).

That's basically it. the English will either get a Ford Hatchback or a Civic. The English who don't have the money will get a VIOS (in black of course. Black sedan - or saloon as they call them - or White hatchback).

Very predictable.

The hatchback Cruze is due out soon.

2012-Chevy-Cruze-5D-0101.jpg

But The English will not like this either. They'll say it's because it's not "sporty" and it doesnt have a hard suspension.

Aye!

Edited by thaicruze

Unfortunately an extra 30 or 40 hp would raise it's cost and taxes considerably raising it into a whole new market making it no longer such a good value..

Interesting Point that.Who is the Cruze aimed at.?.In Europe the Silverline Chevy Team are boasting a creditable 280 BHP from the 2 Litre.Yet here it seems to be aimed at School Teachers with Sandals, not Chavs in Hoodies and T shirts. Are they on the Tracks here promoting a Sporty Image, or just aiming at Old Farts and Taxis as thailand calls anyone over 10.:D

plus its just way too much money for what it is, I don't know what chevy is thinking, 3rd time i mention that... This car aint the total package when it doesn't address major fundamental questions,

looks like they worked frontwards in... no inside out..

My Concern with the Cruze is reliability, GM, Vauxhall,Chevrolet always have terrible results in the JD Power survey .

Chev 3rd from bottom and Vauxhall bottom http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-power-survey-2011/the-results/257096

Also poor review from whatcar http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/chevrolet/cruze-saloon/full-review/25843-2

Much cheaper in Europe than the competition but still unliked

For The Cruze has a much better cabin than existing Chevrolet buyers will be used to, and it looks pretty funky, too. The bargain-bucket price and warranty package will be tempting

Against The petrol engines are gutless, it's not particularly exciting or comfortable to drive and it's not as practical as a hatchback

Quite a lot of car for not a lot of cash, but remember – there's a reason why it's so cheap

My Concern with the Cruze is reliability, GM, Vauxhall,Chevrolet always have terrible results in the JD Power survey .

Chev 3rd from bottom and Vauxhall bottom http://www.whatcar.c...-results/257096

Also poor review from whatcar http://www.whatcar.c...-review/25843-2

Much cheaper in Europe than the competition but still unliked

For The Cruze has a much better cabin than existing Chevrolet buyers will be used to, and it looks pretty funky, too. The bargain-bucket price and warranty package will be tempting

Against The petrol engines are gutless, it's not particularly exciting or comfortable to drive and it's not as practical as a hatchback

Quite a lot of car for not a lot of cash, but remember – there's a reason why it's so cheap

:D

You guys are hilarious

Let me get this straight. You made some weird connection between the Cruze and some other car, then used that other car's reviews to judge the Cruze. Excellent! :D

Then, you say the engine is "gutless" and it's not comfortable to drive. For all we know, you could be 300lbs and can'r fit your fat ass in the seat. But my guess is, you've never driven one.

My other guess is that you are English. Englishmen will never go for a Cruze. As I've said, you'll go for what is expected of a good Englishman to buy, a Focus Hatchback.

Then, you say it's a LOT of car for NOT a lot of cash. First you say it's not so much of a car, then you say it IS a LOT of car. Then you say it's not a lot of money. So, to you, $30,000 is not a lot of money.

Well, the Cruze is as much car as a Focus or a Lancer EX for the same price. It's not some weird cheap car. The Cruze falls in the same price range as ones in the same category.

You say it's a LOT of car, but it's some cheap ass unreliable car. Of course, you have nothing to back up any of these "conclusions". They are just misinformed and empty opinions of a guy who doesn't even own the car and drives it every day. If you EVER drove one that is.

"You say it's a LOT of car, but it's some cheap ass unreliable car. Of course, you have nothing to back up any of these "conclusions". They are just misinformed and empty opinions of a guy who doesn't even own the car and drives it every day. If you EVER drove one that is."

These are Whatcars comments not mine!!! they have driven it and tested it and they are one of the most respected Car magazines out there, and JD Power get their results from 1000's of OWNERS of the brands.

You dont need to take magazine reviews personally, I am just pointing out the reliability issues with Chevrolet as a brand no need for personal comments either, you are getting somewhat abusive to anybody that wont love your choice of car "you could be 300lbs and can'r fit your fat ass in the seat. But my guess is, you've never driven one." Jai yen yen biggrin.gif

Edited by br12stol

Interesting Point that.Who is the Cruze aimed at.?.In Europe the Silverline Chevy Team are boasting a creditable 280 BHP from the 2 Litre.Yet here it seems to be aimed at School Teachers with Sandals, not Chavs in Hoodies and T shirts. Are they on the Tracks here promoting a Sporty Image, or just aiming at Old Farts and Taxis as thailand calls anyone over 10.:D

You forgot to add 'IN MY OPINION".

Who is the Cruze aimed at? That was your question.

IMO, The Cruze is aimed at everyone. The Cruze's styling doesn't offend or alienated anybody. Every single decision about the Cruze was to end up at a modern design that wouldn't aggressively target one demographic or the other. It is made to target everyone. Granted, the car will not be liked by everyone, but it won't "offend" them either. No one car is liked by everyone.

The Cruze is the most important car for GM right now. Who is the Cruze aimed at? Well, in the USA the Chevy Cruze surpassed Toyota as the best selling car in the USA. That's who. EVERYONE. I don't see EVERYONE jumping over hoops for a Lancer EX. It's the Cruze they want. And the sales numbers prove it.

The Cruze is not promoting a "sporty" image. Where are you getting that? Every single commercial they are promoting "european ride quality at Japanese car price". That's it.

Let's look at the commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwbnXHpfQo

There is nothing sporty being promoted there. They are promoting "quality powertrain, safety, comfort, technology".

"You say it's a LOT of car, but it's some cheap ass unreliable car. Of course, you have nothing to back up any of these "conclusions". They are just misinformed and empty opinions of a guy who doesn't even own the car and drives it every day. If you EVER drove one that is."

These are Whatcars comments not mine!!! they have drove it and tested it and they are one of the most respected Car magazines out there, and JD Power get their results from 1000's of OWNERS of the brands.

You dont need to take magazine reviews personally, I am just pointing out the reliability issues with Chevrolet as a brand

So, you are taking what WHatcars said about the Cruze. You haven't even driven the car. You realize, these magazines and websites are in the pockets of other car manufacturers. You can't rely on anything those people say.

I DRIVE it everyday. I can tell you, the engine I AM DRIVING is NOT "gutless" and the car is extremely comfortable. You however, listen to some review but haven't even been inside a Cruze. How do you know?

There are many other reviews out there that say the complete opposite of you "Whatcars" review.

THis is what cars.com had to say among other things:

There's no sign of a lumbar adjustment, but I didn't miss it, and I found the seat quite comfortable overall. I suspect some occupants might find the bottom cushion hugs the hips too much, but the seat isn't otherwise overly bolstered.

The Cruze is a balanced package offering a lot of everything

the Cruze's roominess, efficiency, quality and refinement bring Chevrolet into a whole new world of compact cars.

The inside is where you spend your time, and it appears Chevrolet spent a lot of time on it. As on the outside, gaps between panels and trim pieces are tight, and the controls, lids and doors feel and sound good. But I don't think that kind of thing is as evident to most people as is the overall quality of materials, and here the Cruze excels. The Cruze is harmonious overall, with soft, low-gloss materials where you want them.

So much for you "Cruze is uncomfortable" review.

As I said, if you want to KNOW about the Cruze, go drive it.

br12stol[/color]] I am just pointing out the reliability issues with Chevrolet as a brand

You can point to reliability issues with EVERY car manufacturer. What happened to all the Toyotas driving out of control? I mean, pick a manufacturer and I can point you to some sort of reliability problem with their cars.

I don't get defensive with anyone who doesn't like it. We are just being swamped with people who haven't even been inside of one coming here and giving their opinions about it.

Seriously.

Also, it's getting old having Englishman after Englishman saying they want a hatchback. No shit sherlock. That;s what a good Englishman wants. Sporty, hathcback, stiff suspension. No surprise there. If I had a nickel for every time an Englishman said that, I'd be rich.

So how would you like to explain JD Powers OWNERS rating Chevrolet and GM brands at the bottom of the reliability and satisfaction league table? these are long term owners of the Brand not someone who has had his car 5 minutes??

This is why GM almost went out of business. The Cruze is a complete departure for GM. This is why they went from 0 to having the best selling car in the US, and one of the top selling cars around the world. The CRUZE.

Find me the OWNERS rating for the CHEVY CRUZE.

You can say whatever you want about Chevrolet and GM. But this is a thread about the CRUZE specifically.

All you can say is "I don't trust GM for this and the other reason, so I am waiting for the CRUZE to be out for a couple of more years to be convinced". That would be fair.

Edited by thaicruze

Can somebody please close this thread!! We all know the Cruze is a great car so we will see that reflecting in the sales figures alright?

You're welcome.

These are Whatcars comments not mine!!! they have drove it and tested it and they are one of the most respected Car magazines out there, and JD Power get their results from 1000's of OWNERS of the brands.

You dont need to take magazine reviews personally, I am just pointing out the reliability issues with Chevrolet as a brand

So, you are taking what WHatcars said about the Cruze. You haven't even driven the car. You realize, these magazines and websites are in the pockets of other car manufacturers. You can't rely on anything those people say.

I DRIVE it everyday. I can tell you, the engine I AM DRIVING is NOT "gutless" and the car is extremely comfortable. You however, listen to some review but haven't even been inside a Cruze. How do you know?

There are many other reviews out there that say the complete opposite of you "Whatcars" review.

There's no sign of a lumbar adjustment, but I didn't miss it, and I found the seat quite comfortable overall. I suspect some occupants might find the bottom cushion hugs the hips too much, but the seat isn't otherwise overly bolstered.

the Cruze's roominess, efficiency, quality and refinement bring Chevrolet into a whole new world of compact cars.

The inside is where you spend your time, and it appears Chevrolet spent a lot of time on it. As on the outside, gaps between panels and trim pieces are tight, and the controls, lids and doors feel and sound good. But I don't think that kind of thing is as evident to most people as is the overall quality of materials, and here the Cruze excels. The Cruze is harmonious overall, with soft, low-gloss materials where you want them.

Can somebody please close this thread!! We all know the Cruze is a great car so we will see that reflecting in the sales figures alright?

You're welcome.

Paris motor show 2008

"It's an all-new vehicle that has been globally developed for a global market." says Peter Mertens, global vehicle line executive for compact cars. The Cruze is the first car to be built on GM's new compact platform. It'll also provide the base for the next-generation Astra, as well as the production version of GM's other Paris show car, the Chevrolet Orlando.

So it the base for the new astra including all mechanicals and this years JD Power from nearly 17,000 owners

http://www.whatcar.com/NonCar/Skoda/23511112541.jpg

Good luck

post-121798-0-42416000-1313985399_thumb.

Edited by br12stol

The Orlando is a Korean Car manufactured by GM Korea.

The Cruze, current Cruze, otherwise known as the "J300" is a world car. It's manufactured all over the world. It was designed by GM Korea and engineered by Opel. GM Korea is where all GM hits are coming from.

this review is from Car and Driver Magazine... http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/11q1/2011_chevy_cruze_vs._2012_ford_focus_and_three_more_compacts-comparison_tests

just snippets from the portion pertaining to the much loved Chevy Cruze... (sarcasm)

When we wrote that the Cruze might win a comparo, we qualifiedthat statement by saying, "ifthe Cruze in question were a $21,395 2LT ormaybe even the $16,995 starter kit." Well, the Cruze participating in thiscomparison test is a 2LT. Andits higher-than-base price of $22,910 shouldn't have put it at a disadvantagein this group. Problem is, when we wrote that premature conclusion, we hadn'tyet driven the new Elantra or Focus.

We were seduced by this Cruze's two-tone interior, itsbrown-and-beige scheme a refreshing change of pace from the black in everyother car here. We were disappointed, however, with the fat-pixel displayssituated in the middle of the instrument cluster and atop the center stack,particularly after seeing the high-resolution screens in the Focus. As pleasantas it is inside, though, the Cruze isn't a jaw dropper like the Ford and theHyundai are.

That interior is a serene place to pass the miles. The Cruze wasthe Buick LaCrosse of the group, its solid structure and soft suspensionkeeping it supremely isolated on freeway slogs. Unfortunately, the combo alsokept it isolated when the wending began. Logbook comments following ourmountain loop ranged from "soft and floaty" to "soft and rolly." The brakesalso came under fire—and nearly caught on fire, judging from the smoke pouringoff of them—after the pedal turned to mush.

That's not to say the Cruze can't handle. It tied for thetop spot on the skidpad and was the lane-change champ by a significant margin.The avoidance-maneuver heroics were in large part due to the immediacy of thesteering, but otherwise, we had little positive to say about the tiller. It istoo light, with very little feel. Competent, the Cruze is. Fun, it is not.

The Chevy's 1.4-liter is the smallest engine here and the onlyone with a turbo. Unlike many boosted engines, though, it doesn't requirepremium fuel. Even with a curb weight more than 400 pounds heavier than theElantra's, the turbo four pushed the Cruze to a midpack quarter-mile sprint of16.4 seconds at 85 mph.

As comfortably as the Cruze rides, its seats are too hard andflat. They offer very little support, and the rear compartment proved tightestof the bunch. We tried to put three adults back there, but the middle passengercouldn't even get his butt on the cushion; instead, he had to hover above theseat with the back of his neck pressed against the ceiling.

When we made that prediction about the Cruze winning a comparo,we did say we were "out on a wobbly limb, here, with Wile E. Coyote hoistingthe chain saw." And everyone knows how that ends.

as you read on, it gave the Hyundai rave reviews, Just FYI..

Edited by elrey

Double post

Excellent. We now know you can look up things on Google.

Now, if you're interested in the Cruze, go test drive. If not, forget it. It's just one more car on the road.

Take your head out the sand

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/01/review-2011-chevrolet-cruze-german-market-spec/

Their words

But some things just aren’t worth a low price. Case in point: the Cruze’s engine. The 1.8L machine produces 140HP of which I could only feel around 105 actually doing any work. And what little output it could muster produced more than its share of an unlovely noise. It’s an old-school engine that has somehow found its way into a new car, and it ruins the experience. Picture a car that feels well-made but which at highway speeds has a gruff, obtrusive, strained sound coming from its engine department: that’s what the Cruze I drove was like. (I also spent an hour in a Cruze equipped with the 110HP 1.6L engine. It’s slightly sweeter, but the sound is still gruff, and it’s so weak you have to thrash it all the time, so it’s not an alternative). Apparently the Diesels are the pick of the bunch, but they come at a steep, three-grand price premium. At a reported 25MPG, the tested 1.8L is not exactly economical either.

I mean, everybody makes mistakes, but to install a crummy engine in a new global car on purpose sounds like what a company would do that is trying to pull one over you. Just think of what kind of unseen short cuts they might be taking, quality-wise.