Queen'S Birthday

hinhua

Hello everyone.

I read on this website that it's going to be the Queen's birthday - looks like next Friday.

My question is will the bars be open on this day or closed? and I expect it would be the same everywhere? will I be able to buy alcohol? I expect I will have to remember to buy at the 7-11 the day before! :-)

Thanks!

Without wishing to be personal but every time a public holiday comes along there is always somebody who asks the same question and gets the same reply.

I find it a very boring and predictable question and the answer is always the same.

Without wishing to be personal but every time a public holiday comes along there is always somebody who asks the same question and gets the same reply.

I find it a very boring and predictable question and the answer is always the same.

Very predictable questions but it is quite interesting that there are always conflicting answers.

Personally, I don't believe that alcohol sales are banned - and this is supported by the Pattaya Expats website.

Phuket closed

http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2011/article10806.html?forum=no

"Police sources have confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that alcohol sales will not be banned on Friday, a national holiday.

“We only ask for people to comply with [the ban of] alcohol sales and purchases on Buddhist holidays,” explained Capt Thapakorn Hanumard of the Phuket Provincial Police.

Patong Police Superintendent Arayapan Pukbuakao conferred.

“We have not received any orders to ban alcohol on Mother’s Day, so you can still sell and buy alcohol on that day,” he said."

The bar up the street and Chinese wholesale distributor in my area of Bangkok confirmed that it is business as usual. Thais have explained to me that it isn't a dry day because it isn't a Buddhist holiday. Let's face it, a lot of Moms want to go out to a nice dinner and have a glass of wine or three. That was the explanation a well educated Thai gave to me about it.

Very interesting that you find all the answers in the previous posts the same. I believe that there must be others, apart from me, that don't.

Phuket closed

http://www.phuketgaz...6.html?forum=no

"Police sources have confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that alcohol sales will not be banned on Friday, a national holiday.

"We only ask for people to comply with [the ban of] alcohol sales and purchases on Buddhist holidays," explained Capt Thapakorn Hanumard of the Phuket Provincial Police.

Patong Police Superintendent Arayapan Pukbuakao conferred.

"We have not received any orders to ban alcohol on Mother's Day, so you can still sell and buy alcohol on that day," he said."

yeah, od

most bars closed in kata last night, all soi bars/girlie bars