Mixx - Late Night Disco At Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok

I just happen to have a late night out over the weekend and ended up at a new place, Mixx at the Intercontinental Hotel close to Gaysorn Shopping Center. Great Place.

I am not a great fan of loud discos, but Mixx had found a nice balance of sound level, light and cool decoration. There are actually 2 sections within the same disco and in the hip-hop section smoking is allowed.

To my surprise, the 5-6 am closing hours are back for the late night discos.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

This sounds very good. What are the drinks prices?

Yes, it does - I especially like the smoking permit in the 'hip-hop' section - although not really my kind of music.

What kind of music are they playing in the other section?

• 1 year later...

On the 4th August 2012 at about 11:00pm me and my friends went to Mixx. It was our first time there. It's normal for us to have a couple of drinks. Then we had more friends coming to meet us there so we went out to get them leaving a friend behind inside the disco, during which his unattended drink was spiked. After about 10mins when we all came back in his condition started to show up at which point we weren't sure yet so we decided to leave. Once outside it was clear his drink had been spiked. He was unconscious etc it wasnt because of the drinks we had earlier as we were all having it together and it wasn't much and we know that for sure. This is just to warn that this time it was a guy but for the girls out there to be careful and always be with your drinks and not to leave them unattended. We don't know the reason why this happened but it could be someone's mischeave men or women. Take care guys just a friendly advice.

On the 4th August 2012 at about 11:00pm me and my friends went to Mixx. It was our first time there. It's normal for us to have a couple of drinks. Then we had more friends coming to meet us there so we went out to get them leaving a friend behind inside the disco, during which his unattended drink was spiked. After about 10mins when we all came back in his condition started to show up at which point we weren't sure yet so we decided to leave. Once outside it was clear his drink had been spiked. He was unconscious etc it wasnt because of the drinks we had earlier as we were all having it together and it wasn't much and we know that for sure. This is just to warn that this time it was a guy but for the girls out there to be careful and always be with your drinks and not to leave them unattended. We don't know the reason why this happened but it could be someone's mischeave men or women. Take care guys just a friendly advice.

In Thailand, the girls are doing it to the guys. They see you alone, then drug you and help you back to your room where they take everything you own while you are passed out. Never leave a drink unattended in any country.