Rayong Hotel Advice

Cobalt60

Would anybody like to recommend a beach side hotel in Rayong area please ? Not dirt cheap nor mega expensive, that is near enough to shops and eating places, but not over crowded.

There, don't ask much do I ?

I have been to many places over the years in the usual tourist spots, but now looking for somewhere different in easy ish striking distance from BKK (i.e. no flights needed)

Thanks in advance.cool.gif

Yep - Villa Bali is nice, friendly, good pizzas made in their clay oven as well as Thai food of course, served in their open air Sala style restaurant, and if you mention my name they may give you a discount on the room price.

Tamarind Resort is OK too - a little more central to the bars and restaurants.

Lom Talay at the east end is nice too, but a tad more pricey.

Try lunch at Hin Suay Nam Sai for splendid panoramic views of the ocean, it's about 8 kilometers to the west of Mae Phim beach (has a sign saying SeaBreeze in English if you don't read Thai).

If you want to try the very best of the Thai seafood dishes at Mae Phim beach, then I recommend Nong Neung restaurant and Jojo's restaurant.

For evening bars, try the Bamboo Bar for friendly folk and pool table, plus value for money good Thai food and Spagetti Bol, Phish Cafe for the best range of drinks and a romantic deck over the beach, and also Tequilla Sunrise for Peter's (chef) excellent western food. There's also a great Italian restaurant on the beach road too with some delicious pasta and pizzas - you can order from the Italian restaurant and from Nong Neung restaurant and sit across the road to eat and drink at the Sports Bar too if you wish, and get to know Roger and play pool on his pool table too. A few of the locals also hang out at Luck Salloon too, which arguably has the best pool table in town at the moment.

If you would like to stay in a luxury Phuphatara condo, just a little further along from Hin Suay Nam Sai, then I can do you a great deal, depending upon the length of stay.

Hope this info helps - as Craig says, there's locations for most of these places on the SunrisePropertyThailand.com Google Map.

u can try my place Bedrock Guesthouse in ban phe. check it out on a google search or trip advisor reviews

cheers mark

Some good reviews, but a pity there's no proper photos of the place on Trip Advisor. Might be worth your while correcting that :-)

I booked the Villa Bali earlier today. Just up for a long weekend to get away from Rom Klao for a break.

Thank you for posting, if we like Rayong area, we will go back and try the other suggestions.

thats a good suggestion. thanks the photos are on our website www bedrockguesthousebargrill com

cheers mark

• 1 month later...