Can Someone Translate This Please

NCFC

Hi

Can anybody help translate a conversation between my gf and her friend. GF admitted she had a kik in the past but claims to have finished, In the conversation she talks about two farangs. I am one of them. I believe she is using 'pi' to talk about herself.

I don't know whether she is saying her kik asked her to work or to marry because she uses the short form 'ngan' . And I also understand that she is deceiving somebody, but don't know whether she is saying she is deceiving her kik, G, or T? What's NGM trading?

It's complicated :(

Help is appreciated

GF:

ด่วนมากkik พี่ถามว่าได้งานใหม่ได้ยังไง พี่ตอบว่าจันแนะนำนะ G ถาม เขาคิดว่าเป็น T พี่หลอกเขาว่าเลิกกันแล้ว

NGM trading นะ

FRIEND:

• k พี่
  • เยอะนะคุณนาย มากมายก็แบ่งๆมาบ้างก็ได้..อิอิ
  • โทรมาดิเจ้ หมายควายว่าไงไม่เข้าใจอ่ะ

GF:

This is very urgent. My "kik" asked me how I got my new job. I told that "Chan" introduced me. "G" asked me and though that it was T (who introduced the job). I lied to "G" that we broke up (presumably with T) already.

It's NGM trading. (presumably the name of the company she got her new job)

FRIEND:

OK pi

You've got so much/many. You can share any surplus with me. hi hi

Please call me. What do you mean? I don't understand.

Edited by Mole

ด่วนมากkik พี่ถามว่าได้งานใหม่ได้ยังไง

My kik urgently asked me how I got a new job.

พี่ตอบว่าจันแนะนำนะ G ถาม เขาคิดว่าเป็น T พี่หลอกเขาว่าเลิกกันแล้ว

NGM trading นะ

I replied that Jan recommended it. G asked that he thought it was T. I tricked him by saying that we had broken up already. (perhaps NGM trading is the new job?)

FRIEND:

k พี่

เยอะนะคุณนาย มากมายก็แบ่งๆมาบ้างก็ได้..อิอิ

That's a lot madame. You can share them with me if you like, haha!

โทรมาดิเจ้ หมายควายว่าไงไม่เข้าใจอ่ะ

Call me, I don't understand.

"ด่วนมากkik" definitely does not mean "My kik urgently.."

It simply means that this particular message is urgent.

ด่วน means "urgent" and มาก "a lot or much" in other words "very urgent".

If it was a person who is saying something urgently, it must be อย่างรีบด่วน or โดยด่วน or เร่งด่วน. It would also not be at the beginning of the sentence like this.

For example "kik พี่ถามอย่างรีบด่วนว่าได้งานใหม่ได้ยังไง"

You got the friend's translation more accurate than me.

Thanks guys, its very confusing to make sense of it, so a little background to make clearer

kik is her thai bf

G is a farang who she met when he was on holiday and kept up an online relationship

I am T the farang bf

I've got a feeling that when she says "ได้งานใหม่" that her kik is asking her to marry her, though it might be as you are suggesting it refers to a job.

And she's replying to her kik that she recommends G (I think จัน could be a mispelling of 'chan' as in I)

Then she goes on to say 'ask that think that T'

Finally she says that she's deceiving someone by saying that she's quit (the relationship) but not sure whether she's saying she's deceiving the kik, G or T

Her friend is presumably saying 'save a man for me' - as in a joke. hence the reference to a guy as a buffalo

It's bloody confusing because she did start a new job as well, recently

[quoute NCFC]

I've got a feeling that when she says "ได้งานใหม่" that her kik is asking her to marry her, though it might be as you are suggesting it refers to a job.

I think your imagination is running a bit wild here.

ได้งานใหม่ is got a new job

แต่งงาน is marriage

Even after people have provided a very clear translation, you are still not sure that it refers to a new job and in your imagination still thinks she's getting married..????

[quoute NCFC]

And she's replying to her kik that she recommends G (I think จัน could be a mispelling of 'chan' as in I)

She didn't recommend anything. She just told "kik" that "จัน" [which could be read as "jan" or "chan" depending on language] recommended (as in introduced her to this new job) for her.

Whenever it is true or not, I don't know. She just posted this message to her friend telling her that she told "kik" that "chan" introduced her to her new job. (as in if "kik" happens to ask her friend this question too, her friend would know what to say)

[quoute NCFC]

Look at the translations provided:

G ถาม

G was asking

เขาคิดว่าเป็น T

he/she thought it was T (who introduced the new job to her)

[quoute NCFC]

Finally she says that she's deceiving someone by saying that she's quit (the relationship) but not sure whether she's saying she's deceiving the kik, G or T

If you read my translation carefully, she is deceiving "G" this is from the context.

Full context of translation would be:

G was asking me about who introduced me to the new job because he/she thought it was T who introduced the new job. So, I lied to G that I broke up with T already.

Hope the context is clear to you now.

[quoute NCFC]

Her friend is presumably saying 'save a man for me' - as in a joke. hence the reference to a guy as a buffalo

There's no reference to anyone as a buffalo.

หมายควายว่าไง is most likely a typo and is supposed to be หมายความว่าไง

It wouldn't make any sense at all if it was meant to be "ควาย". Not even if it was a slang.

[quoute NCFC]

It is not confusing at all. No offense, but it looks like you are the one getting confused of nothing.

She is really just talking about her new job. (and not marriage)

Edited by Mole

Thanks guys, its very confusing to make sense of it, so a little background to make clearer

kik is her thai bf

G is a farang who she met when he was on holiday and kept up an online relationship

I am T the farang bf

Thanks very much mole. Thank was a great help. Sorry to be a nuisance

+1 to everything Mole said.

And are you sure "Kik" isn't somebody's name?

Yes I saw her facebook messages when she left the account open and she admitted the guy was her kik,

from the messages it could be confirmed as such.

She also admitted the affair with G, after I saw the fb messages they shared. She claims to have quit with kik and G, but it looks like she's saying that to whoever.

It's a mess and time to move on, I think.

"ด่วนมากkik" definitely does not mean "My kik urgently.."

It simply means that this particular message is urgent.

ด่วน means "urgent" and มาก "a lot or much" in other words "very urgent".

If it was a person who is saying something urgently, it must be อย่างรีบด่วน or โดยด่วน or เร่งด่วน. It would also not be at the beginning of the sentence like this.

For example "kik พี่ถามอย่างรีบด่วนว่าได้งานใหม่ได้ยังไง"

Ah, cool thanks! That makes sense.

Do you think there could be a business opportunity translating FB messages for snooping farang boyfriends?!

I wonder if there are equivalent Thai message boards translating English FB postings into Thai?

To the OP, ไปหาแฟนใหม่ (go find a new girlfriend)

In this case 'Kik' is a female friend of the author's " girlfriend". It is a common name for Thai females.

That's how I read it... I'm guessing the OP probably has some language-related communication problems with his GF, and is filling in the gaps with his own assumptions. (I could be quite wrong--that's just the impression I'm getting from this thread.)