Chiangmai Immigration-Retirement Visa Extention.

mhortig

Can anyone tell me from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE if Chiangmai Immigration now requires a medical certificate for retirement visa extension .

When I lived in CM a few years ago they required it but I heard they were going to stop the requirement. The last time I extended I was in Phitsanulok and they DID require it. When I was at CM immigration last month for 90 day, I asked at the counter and was told that I did not need a medical certificate. However the officer looker harried at the time and I do not trust the answer completely.

if you have personally extended a retirement visa this year please tell me if you needed the certificate. It's easy to get, but I would like to avoid the hassle if it's not required. Thanks for your help.

I did hear that they sometimes ask for it if it is your first application - but I can't verify it for sure.

If it's your first time application, just pop into somewhere and get a med cert, it's only 50-100 baht and they don't examine you....well they might take your BP and check if you're still breathing.

Edited by uptheos

Hi ‘’mhortig’ I only reply as you still seem to want ‘PERSONALEXPERIENCE’ ....................‘Mario2008’ is correct.

I have never been asked to produce a med cert at firstapplying or 90 reports for retirement visa.

I have had 16 one-year retirement extensions at Chiang Mai Immigration Office and have never been asked for a medical certificate.

Maybe the staff have some medical training, and can spot if the applicant is fit enough for another year? :whistling:

Mmmmmmm, I think the OP's still not convinced he doesn't need a Med…(by his lack of response) we need a few sworn affidavits, maybe some photos and flow charts?

Please 'mhortig' tell us you believe us……Please! :unsure: :jap:

Edited by Tonto21

Thanks to all for your feedback. Perhaps I am a little careful to confirm visa information as you often get many conflicting responses both from falangs and immigration staff. :)

Just bring the medical papers. They like it when you have more papers than they need. As said before it's, only 50-100 B. :)