Oh Where To Live?

DPinSBW

I've just arrived in Saraburi with my wife and young son, where we intend to stay until March or April, then we're looking to move on to somewhere else and put down some roots for a while. I'm not too fussed where we live in Thailand, but there are a few requirements:-

1) Good school for my son

2) Good job prospects for farrang teachers

3) A few more farrang around town

4) Clean

5) Friendly locals

6) Close/easy to get to Bangkok

Where would people suggest?

I've just arrived in Saraburi with my wife and young son, where we intend to stay until March or April, then we're looking to move on to somewhere else and put down some roots for a while.  I'm not too fussed where we live in Thailand, but there are a few requirements:-

1)  Good school for my son

2)  Good job prospects for farrang teachers

3)  A few more farrang around town

4)  Clean

5)  Friendly locals

6)  Close/easy to get to Bangkok

Where would people suggest?

For me Hua Hin or nearby, not too far from Bangkok, more decent Farangs and thais there, enough schools for your kids. But when my dream shall come true.. :o

Ban Chang sounds nice but twas me, Hua Hin, full stop. A few teachers jobs avail, just have to get down there and make a few connections. Place is going to take right off and right soon- hope it retains it's charm.

Best spend as much time visiting any place before committing tho, even better if your situation allowed your family to rent for a while to get a feel first. Tomato, tomaato and all that :o

Some good choices here.

Personally I would suggest putting a few baht to one side and taking trips to various places at weekends to have a look around.

I would say that Cha Am is a little too sleepy and Hua Hin can be a hard place to find work.

Maybe you could consider one of the Bangkok 'sattelites' like Ratchaburi, Samut Prakarn, Nonthaburi, Ayutthya, Nakhorn Pathom or similar, all of which are close enough to Bangkok without the hassle of day to day living there.

Edited by ProfessorFart