Bangkok Airways To Go Public

the BP today have a report that BKK Air are to be listed by the End of 2013

It also mentions in the report how ' Samui ' was a cash Cow for them !,

IF they go public, do you think the fares will drop or rise?

Samui airport is a public company.

SPF DETAILS

Samui Airport Property Fund (Leasehold) operates as a closed-end property fund. The company engages in the purchase, lease, and sublease of immovable properties, as well as in letting, subletting, transferring, or disposing immovable properties. It also engages in the improvement, modification, construction, and development of the capacity of these immovable properties. The company holds investments in long-term leasehold rights in assets, which include the land, runway, parking apron, and construction on leased land that are being used for Samui Airport. The company was formerly known as Samui Airport Property Fund and changed its name to Samui Airport Property Fund (Leasehold) on August 6, 2010. Siam City Asset Management Co., Ltd. operates as the manager of the company. Samui Airport Property Fund (Leasehold) was founded in 2006 and is based in Bangkok, Thailand.

Detailed SPF:TB Company Description...www.samuiairportpropertyfund.com/thFounded in 2006

"IF they go public, do you think the fares will drop or rise?"

Well, if I were a new investor in the company I would firstly want to see that they have performed well - and profitably - over the last few years. And then I would want to be convinced that looking ahead for the next few years they have good growth opportunities, either in new markets, or in existing capacity, or in pricing. And, add to that I would probably want to see them pay a dividend from their profits.

So, if they want new investors, the chances of them puttiing prices down in the foreseeable future look pretty low. Unless, they think that they will get lots of new passengers if they were to reduce prices, which, frankly, they don't appear to be thinking about at the moment!:(