New Pizza Shop

aussiechick

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all know how much I like del-izza pizzas - so I am going to try the Reuben sandwich over the weekend. As I am not American I am not sure what it is supposed to be like but I will post my thoughts on here.

BTW what is kosher style Corned Beef?

I had no idea any place served good corned beef. It is thinly sliced (shaved) corned beef (which is made from beef brisket). It is great if served on rye bread. Some places, surely not in Thailand, make them huge. Reuben is great too if made properly. Look up pics on Google. But please take pictures and post them. Thanks.

You all know how much I like del-izza pizzas - so I am going to try the Reuben sandwich over the weekend. As I am not American I am not sure what it is supposed to be like but I will post my thoughts on here.

The Fray Bentos tin is opened by a person holding a copy of the Talmut or Quoran under his arm while saying the magical words.

Edit: really the cow's throat is slit by a person.....

Edited by PattayaParent

Referring to meat as "Kosher style" as in their menu most likely indicates the meat isn't actually Kosher. Kosher is about the slaughtering ritual not the style/flavor of the meat. They likely meant Jewish deli style or New York deli style as in the ingredients and presentation. Cheers.

Of course a Reuben sandwich, mixing meat with dairy cheese is not Kosher by definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_foods

Edited by Jingthing

Referring to meat as "Kosher style" as in their menu most likely indicates the meat isn't actually Kosher. Kosher is about the slaughtering ritual not the style/flavor of the meat. They likely meant Jewish deli style or New York deli style as in the ingredients and presentation. Cheers.

Of course a Reuben sandwich, mixing meat with dairy cheese is not Kosher by definition.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Kosher_foods

Thanks JT

Still haven't found anyone who can beat Globetrotters on Pattaya Klang at Beach Rd. 210baht for a 12" authentic Italian pizza with imported italian cheese. It's all about the cheese when it comes to pizza which is why they are the best. These are italian pizzas though. Not NY or Chicago style.

For that try NY Pizza on 3rd rd near where Xyte Disco was. They deliver as does Globetrotters.

http://www.nypizzahouse.com/

http://www.globetrotter-thai.com/

I had no idea any place served good corned beef. It is thinly sliced (shaved) corned beef (which is made from beef brisket). It is great if served on rye bread. Some places, surely not in Thailand, make them huge. Reuben is great too if made properly. Look up pics on Google. But please take pictures and post them. Thanks.

I took the pictures of the Corn Beef and no comment from you yet smile.gif

I took the pictures of the Corn Beef and no comment from you yet smile.gif

Thanks! I was surprised that it actually looks like a Reuben :) Still, the prices are very high, but I will definitely try it as I can't pass up really good shaved corned beef and I am within walking distance of the place. Thanks for the pics.

Yesterday as sunset I tried to find the place after a jog down the beach. I went to the soi and by the 7-11 I saw a guard post. I then saw the sign for the place past the guard post. I walked past the guards to the restaurant. The front gate was closed but I could see inside. Nobody was inside. No workers and no customers. I waited but finally decided to leave. I wish I could tell you how great the sandwich was, but can't! I wonder what the best time is to go there.

Yesterday as sunset I tried to find the place after a jog down the beach. I went to the soi and by the 7-11 I saw a guard post. I then saw the sign for the place past the guard post. I walked past the guards to the restaurant. The front gate was closed but I could see inside. Nobody was inside. No workers and no customers. I waited but finally decided to leave. I wish I could tell you how great the sandwich was, but can't! I wonder what the best time is to go there.

They don't open until 15:00

They don't open until 15:00

Sunset is after 1800 hours (6 pm.), if you are correct then they should have been open for 3 hours already? The guard station before the restaurant is definitely a turn off to some people.

Sunset is after 1800 hours (6 pm.), if you are correct then they should have been open for 3 hours already? The guard station before the restaurant is definitely a turn off to some people.

Yes, it was at sunset, long after they had opened. It seemed odd. I went to the gate and it was closed (not locked, just closed). But I suspect that is "normal." The lights were on inside the place but nobody was in there. I will try again because, even though expensive, it does look like good quality corned beef.

I like both a Reuben (but with saurkraut too and not sure if that was on it) and simple corned beef.

The place itself, at least from the outside looking in, does not look that great. But if the food is great, no problem.

Better enjoy it while you can. Judging by the comments of how hard it is to find and how uninviting it is to go in I am quite certain their days are numbered.

You would be surprised actually - they are doing a very good trade with deliveries and given time they restaurant will be busy as well.

BTW it is not that hard to find - I don't live in Jomtien and I found it first go, following the same directions that are on here. They will very soon have the sign for the beach road entrance which will make it much easier.

Better enjoy it while you can. Judging by the comments of how hard it is to find and how uninviting it is to go in I am quite certain their days are numbered.

You would be surprised actually - they are doing a very good trade with deliveries and given time they restaurant will be busy as well.

BTW it is not that hard to find - I don't live in Jomtien and I found it first go, following the same directions that are on here. They will very soon have the sign for the beach road entrance which will make it much easier.

I just ate there. It is not that hard to find. I had a corned beef sandwich w/ pickle and potato salad. It was really, really good stuff! The sandwich was so huge I could barely eat it. Two people could share it. The rye bread, corned beef and pickle were all very good and homemade. John, the owner, apparently insist on quality and freshness. The place is new so there will be some growing pains, but do not let that stop you. I will definitely go back and try the Reuben and one of his homemade pizzas. It is not a fancy place, but that is not why you should go there. Go there for some of the best sandwiches in town. My guess is that the pizzas are very good as he makes his own Italian sausage. Two thumbs up!

They have to do something about that guard. Imagine wanting to see what the fuss is about and

getting stopped with a "no no no" at the gate until you explain you want to go to the Pizza place.

That was my experience last night. Location is everything.

Maybe they should name the pizza shop - "The Green Zone" :rolleyes:

They have to do something about that guard. Imagine wanting to see what the fuss is about and

getting stopped with a "no no no" at the gate until you explain you want to go to the Pizza place.

That was my experience last night. Location is everything.

Maybe they should name the pizza shop - "The Green Zone" :rolleyes:

I had zero problems with the guard (but was wearing war paint). :) Ignore the guard. Do not talk to him. I think that the owners is interested in doing a lot of take out, so the guard should not be a problem at all for take out orders. Really, this place is worth the visit. Try the food first and you will see that the "guard"is a minor issue.

I just ate there. It is not that hard to find. I had a corned beef sandwich w/ pickle and potato salad. It was really, really good stuff! The sandwich was so huge I could barely eat it. Two people could share it. The rye bread, corned beef and pickle were all very good and homemade. John, the owner, apparently insist on quality and freshness. The place is new so there will be some growing pains, but do not let that stop you. I will definitely go back and try the Reuben and one of his homemade pizzas. It is not a fancy place, but that is not why you should go there. Go there for some of the best sandwiches in town. My guess is that the pizzas are very good as he makes his own Italian sausage. Two thumbs up!

Glad you made it - I heard you were there from Sean (John's son). Yes, their pizzas are well worth it - and filling as well - I am sure it will go from strength to strength!!! Especially with the quality of the food let alone the quantity!!

Edited by aussiechick

I'll take bets they won't last past next low season. So by this time next year.

As soon as they get some permits and licenses, they will have a sign or two and it will be MUCH EASIER to find.... Oh, Nostradamus...